Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (aghoris)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-26-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
I'm new to wakeboarding, and my mom bought me a CWB Realm wakeboard as an early birthday present. It sat dry for over a month because the only weekend I was able to take it out the river flooded and I couldn't ride. I finally got to take it out this weekend and on the last trip out got up and got a good ride in after a lot of failed attempts and 'learning experiences'. We pack up to head home and being that the car was full we had to strap the board on the roof rack. We tied it up just like we had on the trip to the lake (where everything went fine), but on the return trip one of the bungee cords broke and the board went flying off the roof on the freeway where it was promptly ran over. We went back around and were able to pick up the board. It's pretty trashed. I had the binding screws in it (bindings off) and they are trying to punch out the bottom. One side edge is cracked along the length of the board about an inch in from the side, and there are a few other cracks along the bottom and one coming in from the side. This is in addition to the bottom fins being broken off and some of the molded fins getting ground pretty hard. Does anyone out there think the board might be repairable? I'm in college and have a wife and child so I can't afford to replace it. I've only been out one time but I'm hooked and don't want to have to wait until next season to save up enough for a replacement. Any advice would be appreciated. Should I contact CWB and see if they can help me even though this isn't exactly a warranty issue? Anyone have advice for repairing it? I'm pretty handy and have done some fiberglass work on cars before. I just don't want my repair to splinter mid ride and hurt someone.

Thanks in advance for any help getting me back on the water! I caught the bug and the only cure for it is more wakeboard!