Okay, I've been working on my weight and have lost about 40lbs. I've done this all through running, eating right and being more active. I told myself that I would start P90X (again) when I reached 200#, which places me 10# from my initial goal weight, and should be here in a few weeks to a month. With that said, I am beginning to think through my plan for my next phase of weight loss and physical fitness. And, to add to my thought process, last week we joined the YMCA , for the pool, but now I have access to weights, machines and a "coach".
So here's the thing: I am not going to spend over an hour a day working out and I am not going to be regimented to certain meals and eating certain foods (other than my usual well balanced but light eating habits). At this point, I am also not going to do the AbX or YogaX either. At least not yet. Anyway, I had planned to pick out a couple of workouts and throw them into my cardio that I will continue to do every other day.
My questions are:
1. Does anyone do this (play favorites and forget the rest)?
2. If you do this, what workouts do you suggest?
3. Am I wasting my time if I do not follow P90X to a tee?
4. Should I continue with my cardio since I have been successful with it thus far?
5. Should I try working out with a coach at the Y?
Thanks for your input.