Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Heimer77)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2010, 11:24 PM Reply   
I'm looking to buy my first ski/wake boat. Live in Washington. Been scanning online. Looking for a classic in the late '80's to early '90's. Lot's to choose from to the extent its almost confusing, especially not knowing much about any of them. Currently have a couple Mastercrafts and Ski Centurions in my sites which are in excellent condition with new upholstery and rebuilt engines, closed bows 19' to 20'. I've read alot now about the quality of the Mastercrafts, how are the Ski Centurions of same years in comparison?. Also like the looks of a couple '89 Sport Nautiques with open bow 20' to 22'. All are direct drive. I'm sure brand can be simply a personal preference/loyalty factor but would sure value opinions from you guys that have owned these old boats and what you would look for if buying one now. Prices of the ones I like are in the $7k - $10k. Others in the mid '90's more towards $15k but I don't think I want to spend that much for the first one.
My use is family with 10 and 13 yr old kids. Wife and I are mediocre single skiers growing up, been away from it for several years. Both of us want to learn to wakeboard. Kids are green and wanting to start learning how to ski and wake. Thanks in advance.