Almost finished my ballast install from the weekend.
My biggest concern was installing everything so it could be removed one day with little scaring to the rest of the boat for when I go to sell her.
My brother in law is a plumber which game in handy for getting parts at wholesale price and having someone that could just look at it and know what needed to be done.
1) Installed brass nipple on to existing through hull. I will have to remove this when I got to do oil changes as this is the hole that I stick the oil line through. My brother in law installed a quick disconnect union so just need to grab a wrench and it will pop off. This is directly under the engine and runs to the back trunk of the boat. The pipe is 1" pex
2) You can see where Todd ( brother in law) 90'd up from the floor in the trunk and ran in and along the top of the gas tank. Again I didn't want to cut the existing floor panel here so I had a piece of ABS Cutting board plastic cut to the same shape which I notched then carpeted to look somewhat factory. In the background you can see the mounts I glued to the hull to mount our pump board too.
3) Here you can see the pumps mounted to the board ready to go in. Again a lot of the pipe and joints have been done with Pex and clamped on rings.
4) Here the board is mounted in the back corner of the trunk. The only thing left here is to add some hose on the Empty lines which we are going to attach some washer style hose. Again I was hesitant to put through hulls in which I did buy but decided at this point I am not going to do it....again because I want to be able to pull everything out one day and don't want 2 - 1" holes in the back.
5) The bag on the one side of the engine wiht all three lines. Red= fill, Black = Drain, and unmarked is vent.
6) I had a local plastic company make me this piece. My ws420 was just screwed to the underside of the dash and I needed somewhere to mount the switches so I thought this would be the best place. I already had the switches so that's why I didn't go 3 way switches. I made the template out of cardboard and took it to the platic dude to cut out for me. Turned out great. Even put tabs on the back to screw the WS420 into.
Got a Chiro appoint will be back................