Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-06-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
I rode a grip awhile back that I loved like the old Murray handle. It was a triangle grip but had a soft seude grip and was pretty spongy. Anybody know which one that one was?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-06-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
That would be the Proline LGT, it is the same shape as the Proline Synthesis with the added benefit of a "leather" grip. Best handle made!!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-06-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
OK thanks man! Does it float or sink?
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-06-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
I think last year's faction handle was triangular
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-06-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
The accurate prime handle has a triangle grip. It's the old primier handle.
Old     (Donski)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-06-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
08' LF team handle is triangular. Had mine for two years and love it.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-06-2010, 10:01 PM Reply   
Yeah the Faction one was super hard. I was looking for something a little more spongy & grippy. That Proline one is the one I was looking for.... anybody have one they wanna part with?
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-07-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
LGT sinks
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Gene - I think the 2010 Proline models have improved the 1st issue, but....

(a) the handle sinks like a rock
(b) the rope/handle are super spongy

I'm told the stretchy feeling goes away after a few sets, but I didn't have that kind of patience and gave the rope/handle away.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       05-07-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
Ask for a 2010 LGT or buy it on ridecwb.com. Just make sure it's WHT w/ GREEN screen and stitch or WHT w/ PURPLE w/ pistol. I still have some 2009 inventory floating around. All 2010 handles are capped/sealed w/ EVA so the bar won't fill w/ water. Also, all 2010 core bars are built w/ 7076-T6 aluminum (we are the only company doing this to my knowledge) are 25% lighter and stronger than 2009 or the competition. Go pick up a 2010 Proline and any other brand - you will notice the difference. Here is some more food for thought - did you know that air is more buoyant than foam? And it weights nothing. Sealed bars > Floats. If you want to make sure you get the right one you can email me and I'll make sure you will get want you want. caseyj@ridecwb.com

I will start leaking 2011 Proline images soon!!!! Good bye SL - nighty night!
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-07-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
the murray handle you talking about earlier is the 07/08 accurate/hyperlite Murray with square grip bar. while they dont make it anymore, it is no doubt a sick handle. as russell said, the Prime is the triangular version (same as the Premier handle since 06) of that Murray and is still made today, its got anti-roll loops on the sides and of course a similar textured foam. its definitely a sick choice, check it out.