Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-22-2010, 10:02 PM Reply   
I love sharing my opinion on this site -- so I figured I would just lay out whats in my head and get some advice from you guys -- see what you think I should do...

I personally do not want to spend a bunch of money right now - we just had a baby -- but I am thinking that I need to do something about my audio setup on my boat. I have a malibu wakesetter xti ....

Current Setup:

* Wetsounds 420ws
* Rockford Fosgate 600x2 powering 2 Pro80s
* Rockford Fosgate 450.4 powering 4x Polk Audio db651s
* JL Audio 1000.1 (with a one broken heatsink fin) powering a Kicker L7 15" subwoofer

The Kicker sub is in a GIGANTIC box I built, ported. I have put it in the storage locker right of the engine (look at 2004 xti design to understand what i'm saying)....

Honestly - The box looks like someone puked on it -- its covered in polymer so not to swell, mess up, ways a ton, looks like crap -- no carpet, no fiberglass -- just ugly. The amps are literally thrown in the left storage compartment on the rider-side... I have 0gauge wire but NOTHING is secured to the boat.

I have two Optima Blue Tops and Two (as of now) Unused Trojan Golf Cart Batteries --- I think the Trojan's have been dead for a year.

I have ripped the carpet off of the wall, on the inside of the storage compartment. You can see bare fiberglass...

Now -- What I am considering doing ---

Selling Trojan Batteries, Building a Wooden Box for the Optima Batteries and waterproofing / paitnting it black / carpeting them. Securing the batteries to the floor in the storage compartment.

Selling the two Rockford amps, selling the JL Audio Amp -- buying a Wetsounds Syn1 and Syn6. I'm curious what the best price I could get quoted on those two amps would be ... What do you think the Rockford amps are worth? What about a slightly dinged up JL (missing that one corner of heatsink)...? Building a wood wall, waterproofing it, carpeting over it -- putting the two amps on it. Use Rhino Liner / Black spray paint to cover up where I ripped up the carpet on wall of storage compartment... Would that look horrid / mess up fiberglass?

Considering building a new (smaller) box for the kicker sub under the dash -- integrating a spot for my ws420 in it...

I know this is a lot and most of you arent going to read it -- just very frustrated with myself. Ive spent a lot of money on equipment and I feel like White trash -- The amps have litterally flown across the storage compartment when hitting big waves -- ... Any advice, thoughts, suggestions, cutdowns, putdowns, snarky comments, or criticisms accepted.

Last edited by clayton191; 04-22-2010 at 10:05 PM.