Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Chaserwaser            04-07-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
Wanted some information and some opinion on the following...
along with what I have heard and tell me if I heard wrong or not and add on to it if its right please

Marek - Crazy fast
Byerly (any model) -
Lyman - Crazy fast, Good Pop
Watson Hybrid - Havnt Heard to much about the hybrid model
Ronix Ibex - Slowed down from present models but has INSANE pop?
Murray Bio and Murray Nova is the difference just the new binding system?

I currently ride an 08 Ronix One 132, I think its a great board but not what I want, What I want....
Pop
Speed ( atleast faster then the one ) I feel like im just crusing and to relaxed I want a littlemore of an aggressive edge and pop
I dont really have a rocker of choice
Tis the year for the slider maybe?
Any thoughts about a flex board is appreciated as well
I am a tiny guy 5'6" 120lbs so it dosnt take to much to boost me in the air but i want it!
I dont believe how good you are should take part in choosing a board but whether it feels right or not cause i believe if you have a board your comfrotable with thats how you progress not "board stages"

Thanks Guys!
Old    David (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-07-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
I'm riding the Watson Hybrid behind the boat this year. I've had a good 8-10 sets on it now and honestly I really dig the board... you can't really tell its a flex unless you land super tail heavy or you're pressing rails. The pop is good and pretty consistent... Its pretty fast and gets on edge super quick since the rails are really really thin.... the board releases really early off the wake since there isn't a whole lot of edge, but once you dial it in its no problem. I'm coming off an ACL reconstruction and the flex gives me a little more confidence on landings if I go a little too deep.... Coming from a standard no-flex board (Ronix 1 last year) hasn't been much of a learning curve honestly and i haven't noticed any loss of pop like some have claimed with flex boards. I feel like LF did a great job mixing flex with a lot of normal board characteristics A+.... Go demo one!
Old    Andrew Moreton (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-07-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
Luker--I just got my Hybrid from my rep and haven't had a chance to ride it behind the boat yet, only on the cable. Are you riding it with the fins behind the boat or finless? I've also heard that the Lyman fins are good on the Hybrid but haven't tried that setup yet either.
Old    Chaserwaser            04-07-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luker View Post
I'm riding the Watson Hybrid behind the boat this year. I've had a good 8-10 sets on it now and honestly I really dig the board... you can't really tell its a flex unless you land super tail heavy or you're pressing rails. The pop is good and pretty consistent... Its pretty fast and gets on edge super quick since the rails are really really thin.... the board releases really early off the wake since there isn't a whole lot of edge, but once you dial it in its no problem. I'm coming off an ACL reconstruction and the flex gives me a little more confidence on landings if I go a little too deep.... Coming from a standard no-flex board (Ronix 1 last year) hasn't been much of a learning curve honestly and i haven't noticed any loss of pop like some have claimed with flex boards. I feel like LF did a great job mixing flex with a lot of normal board characteristics A+.... Go demo one!
Thanks for the info David
Old    David (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-07-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
With the fins... finless it just releases way too early. I rode the Henshaw press all winter on the cable/rails (honestly probably 15-20 trips to the cable and a few rail jams) so when I tried to saddle up the S4 behind the boat it just didn't feel right at all... told my rep I wanted to give the Hybrid a shot instead of riding the Soven this year and I've loved it man... more freedom (less sticky) like the Press but still enough "standard" board characteristics to make riding boat not feel too weird. I'm stoked
Old    Tom Pazerunas (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-07-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
heres the reviews on the boards that i have ridden lately that you have posted. il try and keep them concise and to the point giving you the overall flavor of the board.

Marek - correct, fastest board ive ever been on, almost like riding on ice (next to zero drag). extremely quick edge transitions, as quick as you can maneuver it and it really digs in once rolled on edge. snaps great off the wake especially for continuous, but does give you a rodeo buck "off your horse". this board almost rides like its angry. not a bad thing though, especially if you are looking for an intense ride this is it. period. end of story.

assault - i only had one set on this but it was decent speed, very positive tracking as it has deeper fins than most, but for sure not "stuck in the mud". i liked the glass rope edge cuz you could feel extra spring off the top of the wake without the board having a crazy abrupt rocker line while the profile of the board very thin. plus it makes for a damn near indestructible edge. it can be smashed with a hammer and not crack or split open. not many boards can claim this.

monarch - again medium speed, not the fastest out there but definitely not a pig. extremely smooth and floaty with a relaxed feel until you edge off the top of the wake. i dont know what they did to this rocker line but it is the single most explosive release off the wake i have felt in 9 years. it felt like using an aluminum bat vs. a wooden bat in little league baseball. i was (shamefully) scared of it the first couple of sets on it and held back on my edge until i had it figured out. it was my favorite board ever until....

conspiracy - very fast and smooth. not quite mach 3 like the marek but probably mach 1 or 2. very smooth and floaty like the monarch with just a hair more traction, but releases faster cuz the fins cut away before the tail. pop was outstanding, not as scary as the monarch but still had the "aluminum bat" sensation just a quicker, smoother release. plus the extra spring from the glass rope edge, and torsionally solid from the glass rope deck. again, nearly indestructible edge like the assault. my favorite board after just one ride, and it has been nothing but fun. same level of fun like when you hit your first invert or 3. looking forward to an entire summer on it.

hope this helps.

p.s. the assault and conspir also have abs fins which are a solid hard durometer plastic that can be slid down to nubs without ever exposing the foam core. just another bullet proof measure for sliders. i slid my brand new conspir for two weeks this winter at cable parks, and it still looks damn near close to brand new.

Last edited by tom_paz; 04-07-2010 at 1:15 PM.
Old    Chaserwaser            04-07-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_paz View Post
heres the reviews on the boards that i have ridden lately that you have posted. il try and keep them concise and to the point giving you the overall flavor of the board.

Marek - correct, fastest board ive ever been on, almost like riding on ice (next to zero drag). extremely quick edge transitions, as quick as you can maneuver it and it really digs in once rolled on edge. snaps great off the wake especially for continuous, but does give you a rodeo buck "off your horse". this board almost rides like its angry. not a bad thing though, especially if you are looking for an intense ride this is it. period. end of story.

assault - i only had one set on this but it was decent speed, very positive tracking as it has deeper fins than most, but for sure not "stuck in the mud". i liked the glass rope edge cuz you could feel extra spring off the top of the wake without the board having a crazy abrupt rocker line while the profile of the board very thin. plus it makes for a damn near indestructible edge. it can be smashed with a hammer and not crack or split open. not many boards can claim this.

monarch - again medium speed, not the fastest out there but definitely not a pig. extremely smooth and floaty with a relaxed feel until you edge off the top of the wake. i dont know what they did to this rocker line but it is the single most explosive release off the wake i have felt in 9 years. it felt like using an aluminum bat vs. a wooden bat in little league baseball. i was (shamefully) scared of it the first couple of sets on it and held back on my edge until i had it figured out. it was my favorite board ever until....

conspiracy - very fast and smooth. not quite mach 3 like the marek but probably mach 1 or 2. very smooth and floaty like the monarch with just a hair more traction, but releases faster cuz the fins cut away before the tail. pop was outstanding, not as scary as the monarch but still had the "aluminum bat" sensation just a quicker, smoother release. plus the extra spring from the glass rope edge, and torsionally solid from the glass rope deck. again, nearly indestructible edge like the assault. my favorite board after just one ride, and it has been nothing but fun. same level of fun like when you hit your first invert or 3. looking forward to an entire summer on it.

hope this helps.

p.s. the assault and conspir also have abs fins which are a solid hard durometer plastic that can be slid down to nubs without ever exposing the foam core. just another bullet proof measure for sliders. i slid my brand new conspir for two weeks this winter at cable parks, and it still looks damn near close to brand new.


Thanks Tom! , I want to feel the Marek speed haha sounds like to much!
Old    English (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
The 2010 Ibex is faster then previous models and gets its lift more from surface area then rocker. Its a sick board. Very stable.

As is say with everyone: Take a look at the Ronix Bill. One of the most fun boards out there. Really fast with pretty much no drag but has calmer more rounded edges so it has a very loose playful feel but you can go huge on it. I love it!!!
Old    Chaserwaser            04-07-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristian View Post
The 2010 Ibex is faster then previous models and gets its lift more from surface area then rocker. Its a sick board. Very stable.

As is say with everyone: Take a look at the Ronix Bill. One of the most fun boards out there. Really fast with pretty much no drag but has calmer more rounded edges so it has a very loose playful feel but you can go huge on it. I love it!!!
How is the pop on the Ibex?

and compare it to the Bill?

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:39 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us