Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
I'd like some feedback and advice/suggestions from any Supra Launch owner because my wife and I are considering purchasing a used Launch, either 21v or 22SSV model years 2004-2008 (that all depends on price, hours, condition, options, etc.). This will be our first boat that we've owned ourselves however I don't want anyone to think that we're brand new to the sport and lifestyle since we've grown up around boats our entire lives.

I'd like to get your opinions on these two boats from anyone that owns one or has owned one. I've never driven a Supra, but I really love the looks of the boat and have read about what a great boat they are many times on this board. I have experience driving a Malibu VLX, SANTE, X-1, X-Star, Moomba Outback, and a Bu' VTX. From what I have read the wake on a 21v/22SSV/Supra overall is awesome, nice rampy transition with a lip at the top for boost. So I've never ridden behind one either.

I live in a crappy part of the country where Supra dealers are not popular (NJ/Northeast) and from looking on Craigslist I''m going to need to go MidWest or West in order to even get one (used that is, not new). There's a dealer in MD and VA I believe.

So just give me your opinions on the boats I've asked about. What do you like? Not like, what should I look for, what is considered a good number of hours (I know this depends on year, but how many hours on avg. do people put on in a season?) You know, all of the things that helped you when you were looking.

I appreciate any feedback,. Please don't reply with you should look into a Sanger, Centurion, etc. I've looked at the VLX (a little pricey for me) as well as Moomba Mobius LSV, but I'm really looking to find people's experiences with the Supra.

Thanks.