Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
Really makes your butt pucker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tE_5eiYn0D0#t=109
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
Or this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjXCulRjPas
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-01-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
I should not have watched that...as I'm getting on a plane tomorrow...or perhaps I should've.

I love how the Captain asks his First Officer "got any ideas?". Not being funny here, I think it's great that he's looking for ideas. They were all in it together. Great job by everyone involved.

I hope my pilot and crew tomorrow are at least 1/2 as good as this crew.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
very cool
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-01-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
That was amazing to watch!! Incredibly cool pilots!
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-01-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
I saw 2 different programmes on this. Interviews with passengers, the air traffic controller, etc, etc. Captain says it was his Air Force training that enabled him to pull it off. The unexpressed incredulity in the air traffic controllers responses was almost funny.You could sense a "this cannot be happening" with him.
Unbelievable how incredibly calm they all are. The inflection in their voices never even changes.

Flying - 99% boredom, 1% sheer terror.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2010, 11:58 PM Reply   
"Flying planes is 99% boredom and 1% terror"... Flying helicopters is 90% terror and 10% boredom.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-02-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
Best part,
"Oh #!"

The pilot was awesome, and just as amazing to me is how the plane did what it was designed to, float.... thats crazy it stayed together and stayed up.