I'm trying to put together my winter checklist of stuff to workout before boating season. I wonder if you might be able to help me with a few things:
1) How to prevent the rear ballast tanks from self-draining? Not sure why they do - the intake goes in at the top and the drain pipe comes outta the bottom but must be pumped upward to exit the side of the boat. Anyone have any ideas for how to prevent this self-draining of the rear ballast?
2) If I install a 400# v drive fat sac in the rear locker for surfing will the side wall (between motor and storage compartment) be OK? It seems kinka flimsy. I was thinking about rebuilding the partion using 3/4" plywood or somethin... necessary or not?
3) When surfing, I notice the swimstep messes up the wave a bit, any ideas for fixing this, other than sawing off the corner of the swimstep?
4) Greasing the wheel bearing of a "sport" trailer? The zirc is about 1" into the blue surface? Is that OK? Should I add grease? It seems to be a bearing-buddy type configuration but I don't see a spring pushing back on the zirc surface...
5) Any suggestions for a bimini - I have the proflight chubby (2 3/8") tower.
6) I need a tower rack for 2 surfboards, the Krypt Signature Series double looks OK. I've searched this forum thoroughly and cant find another dual surfboard rack. Does anyone know of any other options?
7) I need a new bezel for my radio/front ballast switch, the carbon fiber looking thing. Mine is broken in the corner. Anyone know how to connect with Sanger? Their website isn't much help.
8) Any ideas of options for speaker wire strain relief (elastomer sheath) from tower hole to speaker? And grommets for an existing hole that I dont need anymore? Also need a strain relief where the wiring exits the tower and enters the hull. Ideas?
Sorry for the long message and appreciate any thoughts/ideas/expertise in any of the above.
Happy New Year to everyone!
(Message edited by CamasSanger on January 08, 2010)