I just bought the Triple X Slasher 5'0" with the 3" fins. I used to ride the 5'6" Hyperlite Broadcast. I am 6'1" 245lbs and would consider myself an intermediate rider. After demo'ing 6-7 different boards, I liked the Triple X Slasher the best. It seems to have good potential for airs but also spins. For me the Slasher fit my needs (and wake) best. Other boards that I demo'd before deciding on the Triple X-
1. Phase 5 oogle (I am more of a surfer than skimmer)
2. IS sweet spot- Very fast but I did not like this board on the steep Epic Goofey wake
3. Ronix Koal- This board dents WAY too easy, don't waste your time.
4. IS Yellow loogey- I like the yellow and green loogey, but the slasher seemed to hold me a little better.
5. Hyperlite Coex- I liked this board but wanted a little bigger board, but my wife loved it the coex, so we bought it for her.
6. IS skim board- Black Pearl? I think is the name of it??? Again, i'm not agile and fleet-footed enough to be a skimmer.
Unfortunately, none of the dealers in Boise had a Shred Stixx Stixxtreme board that I could demo, but I really would have liked to try one out. Only way I could get one was if I purchased it sight unseen/unridden and I was not willing to take that chance on a $550+ board.
I bought my board from Triple X team rider Nick Scott, he's on this board regularly hit him up if you have more ?'s, his profile name is Nikki Sixxx
Hope that helps.