ALL boards have the following changes/additions:
* Dura Base --> The base on the 09 boards is glossy and more durable. The Dura Base will slide better than our other bases.
* HDLW (High Density Light Weight) PVC rails and tips --> The HDLW PVC Rails and tops are made from a very high quality PVC. Its Tunable by smoothing the sharp edge. The more you round it you create more drag on the board. This makes the board ride slower. Also, if you smack the PVC rail, you can repair it with epoxy. You can customize all our boards to ride how you want it to ride.
* Tapperwall --> This not only gives the board a different look, but it makes it ride smoother in the water.
* Binding Inserts --> There are the same number of inserts, but we made the stance wider. Its about 2 inches wider than the 07-08 boards.
The industry changed the 2 hole pattern. The inserts are closer together, so if you have a 09 board by any wake company, older boots will not fit. If you buy 09 Slingshot boots and you have an 08 or older board by any other wake company, we can hook you up with a adapter plate so the boots fit. The Slingshot 4 hole pattern has not changed.
* Fins and fin holes --> The fins have been replaced by a quality G-10 molded fin. Super strong and the screw holes wonít strip out. The screw is a little larger, so if you put them on a 07-08 board, you will have to drill out the hole. The fin holes on all Slingshot Boards are the same spacing.
Remarks about the new changed Recoil specifically:
The Recoil rides different then the 07-08. In my personal opinion I feel it rides smoother. I also really like that the board has a wider stance. The board is stiffer in the center and is more flexy in the tip and tail. The pop is amazing. Itís a different board then the 07-08. I feel the recoil has been perfected, but donít take my opinion on it, go demo it and see what you think of it!
and a pic, again, pointing out some of the changes (in pink, for contrast)
notice also that the corners are shaved which i have heard helps the board roll on edge easier, and i Think sits a tad deeper too.