I forgot about that.... You know now that you mention it I have friends from Rochester they just came up a couple weeks ago and I remember them saying something like your county is the only county in MN with no lakes? Something like that. Could that be true?
LOL thanks Google: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olmsted_County,_Minnesota
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 654 square miles (1,695 kmē), of which, 653 square miles (1,691 kmē) of it is land and 1 square miles (4 kmē) of it (0.23%) is water. It is one of four counties in the state with no natural lakes.
Although Olmsted County contains no natural lakes, it does have six reservoirs created by dams.
* Chester Lake: Eyota Township
* Lake Florence: High Forest Township
* Lake George: Rochester Township
* Mayowood Lake: Rochester Township
* Shady Lake: Township and New Haven Township
* Silver Lake: Haverhill Township and Cascade Township
* Lake Zumbro (partially): Oronoco Township
They ride on Zumbro.
(Message edited by WakeMikey on April 01, 2009)