Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old    jeremy hebert (jhebert)      Join Date: May 2007       02-27-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
Hey guys id like to hear some opinions from people who have owned both. Wich ones did you like better and why,wich ones do you think sound the best at the rider ? I think they both sound quite a bit different, ive ran a pair of pro 60s on my old boat and just intsalled 4 nvs addictions on my new boat....
Old    Nick Warhol (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-27-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
HOLY LOUD!
Old    Murphy Smith (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-27-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
Are you freaking kidding me. This thread topic has been beaten into the ground and the last time it ended with the onwer of NVS loosing his marbles on the forum.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the search feature.
Old    John Bauer (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-27-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
I've used the search function 4 times in the last 6 months. It's never worked right.

I just tried and still.... Nothing. Search function here sucks....

How did Tim react in that thread?

I just finished a boat with 6 XS-650 in-boat speakers powered by a Syn4, A 3-some powered by a Syn6, and it's by far the loudest system so far. There is so much midbass it almost sounds like there's a sub in there.

I haven't heard any NVS speakers yet, so I can't compare at all. In my 17 years of car audio, this is probably the loudest I've heard.
Old    Hugh Jas (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-27-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
....let's not re-hash this.

Please.
Old    AMO (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-27-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Murphy.........you are funny man I read your comment above and just found it very funny, because so much of whats put on this site turns into dudes fighting in cyberspace........and seriously, to think about that and picture it.........IS FREAKIN HILARIOUS!

Picture....some dude in his underwear at 10pm sitting on the computer drinking a beer, playing computer games and posting on WW gets pissed off at some dude sitting in HIS pair of underwear yelling at his computer screen at this other dude who posted what he thought was a lame comment. It's pure theater!

Dave, if you read this, you're not charging enough for ad space. I could just read everyone's comments.............at ten at night.........sitting at my computer.................in my underwear!!
Old    Tim White (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-27-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
jeremy,

Not really sure what your question is or what answer you are expecting?

I just used the search function and it worked fine. There are tons of pages covering this topic.

And as you can see from the posts. There are many Wet Sounds fans and customers on this site as their are also many NVS fans and customers on this site.

And everyone has their opinion on what they like. It will be hard to find opinions because most have not done apples to apples side by side tests.

Your system for instance on your old boat. Had a single pair of PRO 60's which is a 6.5 inch driver from Wet Sounds. You now have a system with 4 speakers using 10 inch drivers from NVS on your new boat. So even though you have heard both brands. You are not an apples to apples. If you had 4 PRO 80's on your old boat as compared to what you have now. It would be more in line as a comparison.

It gets into a Chevy vs. Ford type deal with the Dodge guys jumping in!

In the end, everyone posts about what they own and like.

Here are pages of posts when I used the search function for those that cannot get it to work. There is a ton more for your reading enjoyment.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/645714.html
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/538054.html
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/313693.html
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/566859.html
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/435500.html
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/369258.html

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-27-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
^^^Tucks message into Save folder to use as "WakeWorld Discussion Board Customer Service 101" example for all other company reps on the discussion board! Nice job, Tim!
Old    Tim C (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-27-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
My .02 --- You can't find a more decent guy to buy from than Tim at Wetsounds. His presence here has educated many (including myself!)

Side note (tim I pm'd you my address to send those free speakers too...hahaha! j/k)
Old    jeremy hebert (jhebert)      Join Date: May 2007       02-27-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
ok guys, thanks for the comments....i had planned on explaining why i asked the question but ill just leave it.....but i will say the nvs will prolly be for sale
Old    Scott Legge (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-27-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
Dude the speakers aren't the problem... It's pretty ballsy coming here knowing a lot of people are fans of both and bashing them like that in the forum. Call the vendor and work it out with them if there truly is an issue. Duane (NVS) from what I've seen here is a VERY reasonable dude. Same goes with Tim from Wetsounds. Maybe post a thread with "NVS addictions not performing as expected" instead of another "VS" thread. Trust bro I understand your frustrations. There's soooo much info here about so many topics its not even funny engines, general marine, towing, diesels, photography/videography, legal, computers, hell man even fitness! If you word things properly and have patience (USE THE SEARCH!!!) You aren't the first person in existence with your problem I promise! What amps are you using how are the settings, wiring, head unit, electrical? What are the issues?

If they simply aren't loud enough I'd bet a considerable sum it's the AMP(s) powering the gear. Those speakers per the NVS website need 250-375 RMS watts per speaker 4 ohms. Thats a ton of power imo and will cost a ton on amps to power them as well as batteries to back em up.
Old    jeremy hebert (jhebert)      Join Date: May 2007       02-27-2009, 8:15 PM Reply   
Ok ballsy.....i dont think so...i didnt intend to start a heated debate...i was really looking for some educated opinions on what each speaker would provide...they are both built differently a wal-mart checker would notice that...i wanted to know why you would chose ws or why you would chose nvs, thats it, i never stated i had a problem you guys are assuming im going to come out and say i hate nvs, or i have a problem with them, thats not the case, im in the tuning phase of my install of the nvs, and just wanted some opinions, and fyi for you scott, i have talked to duane and have bought the correct zapco amps from him that he recomended....anyway im done, you guys can just move along
Old    Rod (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-27-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
IMO, nothing wrong with x vs.y He was just looking for opinions on one product vs. another.
Old    jeremy hebert (jhebert)      Join Date: May 2007       02-27-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
exactly rod....educated opinions, i know there are people on this board who know way more about these products than i do, and i just wanted some info....i NEVER said i had a problem or disliked a product
Old    Rich (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
The best opinion youll get is to listen to them both and make your own decision. I have wetsounds and am extremely happy with them but in all honesty Im sure I would be just as happy with NVS. The main reason I got wetsounds was due to all the questions Tim answered for me via direct email. Customer service means a lot to me especially with an expensive purchase.
Old    Tallredrider (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-28-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
Actually the Wal Mart checker is not going to notice a difference. They both look like great big speakers to them.

?Is that a subwoofer?

To us, we notice because we have some experience and have done some homework.

I agree completely about getting jeremy to be more specific. If they are not performing well, that is a problem. I used to own 1 pair of addictions and felt they measured up very well with the competition. Can't imagine being unhappy with 2 pair. Duane was terrific at answering some questions I have had, and they were stupid ones. Hope you get it worked out without having to drop a lot of dough.
Old    dhcomp (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-28-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
you have owned both, form your own opinions. Who cares what everyone else thinks!
Old    Scott Legge (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-28-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
since we're past all that. I am curious too. I am thinking about selling the pro 60's I have and getting a couple entity's. I know its not apples to apples but I want to upgrade anyhow.
Old    Duane (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-28-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
Jeremy, don't worry about some of the comments. Basically everyone means well. Since I don't have your phone number, I have sent you some information via email. Please review and give me a call 408-569-6040
Duane
Old    Gerald B. (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-28-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
from what ive heard both of them are pretty low quality and you cant hear them at all when riding
Old    HeHateMe (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
I USE BOTH!!! NVS ON THE TOWER! WETSOUNDS IN THE DASH!
Old    jeremy hebert (jhebert)      Join Date: May 2007       03-08-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
Allright, well ive pretty much got them tuned to my liking, and im very happy with them, duane is the man, could not ask for better service....
Upload
Old    rodney (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-08-2009, 8:15 PM Reply   
looks good. i like
Old    Scott Legge (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-08-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
sick man love the look bet its LOUD too
Old    B (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-08-2009, 10:35 PM Reply   
Damn I bet that is loud. What pushes them?
Old    Rayprisz (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-08-2009, 10:37 PM Reply   
that looks great man- nice fit.
Old    all eyez on me (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-08-2009, 10:48 PM Reply   
nice man. summer cant come fast enough
Old    Sparky Jay (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-10-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
Have heard both and prefer Wetsounds myself. Both companies are solid in customer service. Listen to both if possible and make a choice from there...
Old    rG (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-10-2009, 7:49 PM Reply   
i have 2 jl tower speakers that came stock on our 2008 x2, they suck. Where can I listen to these (wetsounds or nvs)in MN?
I wish I could demo...
Old    jeremy hebert (jhebert)      Join Date: May 2007       03-10-2009, 8:30 PM Reply   
well i must say there is quite a bit of difference in sound between the two, but you cant go wrong with NVS or wetsounds, I wanted NVS because it seems like everyone and there brother has wetsounds, after owning both brands, i would have to say that the NVS provide a much smoother and clear sound from the speaker to about 20 feet behind the boat, but can still be heard just fine at 80 ft, from what ive heard from most WS, they sound a little harsh until you get about 20 feet away from them, and im talking about when the speakers are playing in the 60-80 % range
Old    Nick Warhol (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-10-2009, 11:34 PM Reply   
rG...call Forest Lake Motor Sports and ask for Blake. I am pretty sure he has a 24 SSV with the Wet Sounds 3-Some on the tower, unless it sold at the boat show. Otherwise, Midwest Mastercraft has a pair of Pro 80's setup I believe. NVS is non existent here in Minnesnowda...good luck.
Old    Tim White (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-11-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
rG,

You can e mail me at twhite@wetsounds.com and let me know what city you are in and we can see who is close.

Tim
Wet Sounds