Here's my homemade indo..have had it for a while, as you might be able to tell from the lengthwise break (thank you gorilla glue). I used wood that I had and unfortunately its very soft. Used 6" PVC with three strips of snowskate foam.
We made one at the end of last season that looks about the same except for the art on the board...we used wood glue for the stoppers and beveled out 3 screw holes on each side for extra support. We also did the RV grip tape for the pipe and are using 6 inch...thought of moving to 8 inch but its hard to find unless you buy a whole pipe of it about 20 ft long lol...Works well, just hoping it is doing some good for the upcoming season..