Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       08-12-2008, 3:39 AM Reply   
Some friends of I are headed to the Delta (staying at Tower Park near Lodi) this coming up weekend for a week long trip and I was hoping to get some input on some cool spots to hit up. By cool spots I mean maybe some fun bars (I've heard a ton about Lost Isle, how far from TP is it and is it even worth the trip?), restaurants, spots to wakeboard/surf, or just anywhere else worth checking out that isn't too far from camp. Lemme know, thanks...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-12-2008, 3:56 AM Reply   
1. buy a map

2. ride the south mukolmne or head west on up to the north mukolmne

3. tower park has a bar (i think it's still there)

4. lost isle isn't worth it unless you like hangin' w/ obnoxious drunk people
Old    walt            08-12-2008, 5:43 AM Reply   

quote:

4. lost isle isn't worth it unless you like hangin' w/ obnoxious drunk people

Or getting stabbed.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Go see the guys at DWC board shop at TP. There is no shortage of good water in that area and they will point you in the right direction.

The bar and restaurant at TP is pretty good, but you'll want some variety if you're there for a week. There are several choices on the Delta Loop. Check out a map and you'll see that you're pretty close at TP. Going the other directions, some of the best food on the Delta is The Breadfruit Tree at Paradise Point (about a 20-30 minute run from TP).

There is a sandbar on the east side of the channel, about a half mile south of the 5 zone at TP. Ask the guys in the board shop to describe it for you so you'll know where it is. It's nothing to worry about if you know about it, but it snags new visitors like crazy. If you're there for a week, you'll see at least 3 boats hemmed up.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-12-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
Yup... thumbs down on lost isle. It isn't what it used to be. Great riding up there by TP. Have fun.

There really aren't too many places on the water that I can think of that are "must see" type places. The best part about the delta is the flat water. Enjoy.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-12-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
Delta loop makes for a nice booze cruize, right near tower. Windmill cove, on the deep water chanel,garlic brothers for a good dinner, and the hamburger stand next to it for lunch. Although as stated lost isle is not what it used to be, sundays are usually a little calmer. Gotta at least get a Mai Tai. Wimpys had a decent menu the last time I was there.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-12-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
second garlic brothers, good food drinks and a great place to chill before your evening set.

lost isle is only good if its an event, like a rail jam or something, otherwise its lame.
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-13-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
The delta is really windy and there is never flat water, I think you should relocate your trip

But seriously, Bob's is the burger joint by garlic brothers, its awesome. Lost Isle two people got stabbed there 2 weeks ago. Just cruise around, the delta is its own enviroment, and please don't power turn. If you want to experience something you only can on the delta ride down to the main channel by downtown stockton and ride next to the huge bardges.