Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old    knox_wake            06-26-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
Thanks to all who came out to the X's Wakefest 2008 this past Saturday in Knoxville, TN. We had a great turnout in riders, spectators and girls getting down to practically nothing to win our X's bikini contest. Like most wakeboard events we said it would start early in the a.m., but we managed to be on what us Knoxville wakeboarders call "wakeboard time." Which is a fancy way of saying we were late getting started, but nonetheless we eventual did.

By noon we had live local bands including Verona, The American Plague and The Third Grade Haters playing loud, our Advance division battling it out behind the 08' MasterCraft CRX, hot pizza being served while Heineken Light was being poured. Our divisions, from Intermediate to Outlaw, rode for over $3,000 cash and prizes included a seven-day trip to Orlando with flight, hotel, a seven-day pass to Orlando Watersports Complex and a three-day boat pass.

The Intermediate and Advanced divisions rode behind the new center console boat provided by MasterCraft, the CRX, which to everyone's surprise had a big wake that left several over-rotating the easiest of tricks. The Expert and Outlaw divisions rode behind the 2008 Pro Tour boat, MasterCraft X-Star/40th Edition, which also proved to live-up to its name with an overwhelmingly large wake.

Pro wakeboarders Keith Lyman and Zane Schwank were on hand all weekend, following the free wakeboard clinics, helping out with judging, driving and putting on, and partaking in a little side exhibition for everyone including some great bare-footing by Zane himself. As the bands played throughout the day more and more boats packed in along the riverfront of Volunteer Landing.

After announcing our Intermediate and Advanced division winners we went straight into the bikini contest, which was judged by Keith, Zane and regional Atlanta Liquid Force rider, Kyle Wells. The winner was the University of Tennessee's very own Margaret Dell who took home $500. When the bikini contest had come to an end the riding continued with the Expert division.

Following, the Expert division had around 10 guys go head-to-head with two hits off the double-up to go as big as they could go. Winner of the event, Kyle Wells, threw down two solid hits and took home $300 for his ride back to ATL.

After the double-up contest was over we had our last and final set, the Outlaw division. With only two entered riders going for the chance to win $500, plus a big trip to O-Dubs on the line, these Knoxville locals didn't want to settle for second place. Both Justin Jenkins and Daniel Walden threw down great runs, but in the end it was Justin who walked away with first, leaving Daniel with second place.

As the day was coming to an end the crowd was thrown plenty of give-a-ways, riders were crowed, and Zane and Kyle took another pass for the ending of a great Southern Style tournament. Big thanks to all the riders, spectators and local area sponsors of this event.

Also thanks to the following:

Judges
Keith Lyman, Zane Schwank, Kyle Wells, Charlie Fethe. Jackson Arms, John Mills, Justin "Judge" Jenkins

Drivers
Zane Schwank, Travis Powell

Announcer
The ever so funny Ryan Jones. Don't quite your day job, but if you do you can always work in radio!

94.3 The X
Brian Case, Shane. Look forward to working along side you guys when we bring the Pro Tour stop to Knoxville.

Tee Shirts/Logos:
Michael Branning & Michelle Bowling Thanks for all that you guys do for the wakeboard sence here in Knoxville and for all the help with KnoxWake.com *www.labelindustries.com

American Boat Center/The Wakshop
For putting on such a great event like always. Ride Local, Buy Local.

MasterCraft Boat
Big thanks to Chris Owens, Mr. Crutchfield and Mr. Dorton...Thanks for the use of the Pro Tour X-Star and for all your support for our local sence here in Knoxville.

All X' Wakefest Sponsors
KnoxWake.com
American Boat Center
The Wakeshop
Mastercraft Of Knoxville
Papa John's
The Board Room
94.3 The X
Heineken Light

Also to anyone else who helped with setup/break down this event, we thank you!

***** We encourage you to stop by one of our events if you're ever in the Knoxville or Chattanooga area. In Knoxville we have events like our weekly rail jam, boat shows, clinics with big name pros like Lyman, Watson, Schwank, Harf, just to name a few. We also have video premiers for all the new wakeboard videos, lake meet and greets, wakeboard contest, NWL, INT, Rockin the Docks, Fire on the Water and other great events. Please visit www.knoxwake.com (Knoxville) or www.chattwake.com (Chattanooga) for more information or to find a pull. We hope to see you soon! *****

-Pics from the event-

KnoxWake pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxwake/sets/72157605754673462/

Keith Lyman clinic pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxwake/sets/72157605791701787/

Allan Mueller ALM Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/almphoto/collections/72157605789036302/

All KnoxWake.com event pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxwake/sets/

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload

Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-26-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
I LOVE THESE SHOTS!
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-26-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
NICE! It makes me homesick seeing Neyland in the background.
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-26-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
That a boy Jenkins! Congrats on the win. Man im bummed i didnt get to make it down this weekend. Im definitely going to try to make it down next time!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-26-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
I think I may be in love with the girl with the tattoos and black bikini, any shots of the front?!?

And that batwing is textbook perfect, I dream to make my batwings look like that but they seem to have a mind of their own
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-26-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding? Huh? That girl in the purple's got some jelly.....
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-26-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
Man! I graduated too early! Spent 4 1/2 years in K-town, and I'm sad I missed this event. Nice pics
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Looks like you guys are doing it RIGHT!! Now give us more pics please!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-26-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
Sick event!

which girl won the contest?
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
I LOVE #4 by the way!
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-26-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
Damn... I miss Tennessee
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-26-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
#4 would be way hotter if she wearing a normal bikini, she looks like she just got off her shift at the strip club
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-27-2008, 4:37 AM Reply   
Great pictures. Looks like it was a great event. Congratulations. Nice work.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-27-2008, 5:15 AM Reply   
Sick pics!! Looks like a great turnout and lots of fun.

Like Will said, gotta love Neyland in the background, I've wanted to ride there since I first saw it when I went a couple years ago.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-27-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
Looks like a great event, I wish we had an event like that in Socal sometime. I'm headed to Chat soon to hang with friends and ride Chickamauga ad party in the sticks in Soddy-Daisy. I wanted to buy that old VLX that Knoxwake had last year, couldnt pull it off.

The roadies look great by the way.

Where can I get one of those KNOXWAKE lids?

(Message edited by slipknot on June 27, 2008)
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-27-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
There are tons more of all the pics you can handle on the links provided:

KnoxWake pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxwake/sets/72157605754673462/

Keith Lyman clinic pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxwake/sets/72157605791701787/

Allan Mueller ALM Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/almphoto/collections/72157605789036302/

All KnoxWake.com event pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knoxwake/sets/
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-27-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
damm, never been to knoxville but i looks like it might be worth the trip!! sweet pics!
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-28-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
slipknot you can go to knoxwake.com and the lids are on their home page, just scroll down.....

Congrats Justin!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooo Hoooo

Some of you folks should make it back to Knoxville.... Those guys have really done a lot to promote wakeboarding in the area. Check out the home page and look at some of the events going down and plan to come.
Old    sealyon.net            06-28-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
Looks like everyone had a blast. Great shots.
Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-28-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
Great Pics........They always tell the story better!!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-28-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Killer pics. Nice mix.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-28-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
I want the middle hat. Nice pics!