Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-15-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
I have some lights I want to mount to my tower, but I don't have any clamps for them to mount to the tower. Besides ordering some clamps for the lights, has anyone made and decent clamps that don't look too bad for their towers to mount various accessories?
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-15-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
What size is your tower? Can you post a picture of the mounting of your lights?
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-15-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
its just a monster tower

i have 3 oval fog lights i am going to mount on a piece of aluminum (2 facing back and 2 facing forward)
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-15-2008, 11:41 PM Reply   
Lots of companies just sell clamps for pretty cheap on ebay.
Old     (analdine)      Join Date: May 2006       04-16-2008, 4:01 AM Reply
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-16-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
depending on what you mean by "dont look to bad", go check out Lowes or Home Depot.

I made my own light bar a couple years back (before i knew about and just used clamps that you can get from the above mentioned hardware store. People always complemented me on the light bar. I might have a pic somewhere...
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-16-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Here is a link to where i had posted the stuff for sale (THIS STUFF IS NOT FOR SALE (IT'S SOLD ALREADY))
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2008, 11:07 AM Reply for clamps.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-16-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
thanks SupraSteve, thats exactly what Im looking to do. The bar looks great.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-21-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
I went to HD tonight but coulnd't find those particular clamps.

What section would I find them in?
Old     (formulad97)      Join Date: May 2007       04-21-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
those look like they would be in electrical, I think they are for conduit
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-21-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
correct. I know them as a "mini strap". And to be honest, I would use the DIY clamp. I hate with a passion using them things for certian applications when running my conduit. Belive me, it wont hold tight for long and then it will loosen up and you'll be kicken yourself.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:59 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us