Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-04-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
I'm starting to build my semi automated system and can't decide which one's to go with. I would like the speed of the 1200's but it seems like alot of dinking around with the odd 1 1/8" size. I know the 800's screw right in to Fly High Sacs and it sounds really simple to just do it that way. I think it would also be another $200 in part if I used the 1200's. What are the fill times on a 750 sac? Would it be safe to say if a 1200 would fill it in 6 minutes the 800 would do it in 9 minutes? I may have just answered my own question but would like to hear from someone with experience. Also I havn't really seen a good way to put in a accuated valve right after the scoop. I would like one valve in my system to shut off all water coming in, I plan to come thru the hull with an 1 1/2" scoop.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-04-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
flow rate is determined by your smallest opening. If you have to go down in ID to hook up sacs, you're pretty much wasting that capacity as aerator pump don't like to pump a lot of pressure.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-04-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
why not go with the 1000's? Would assume you are doing aerators. I have heard and read the engine is the same in the 1200 as the 1000 just that bigger opening and bigger "propellar" gives you the extra flow. I will tel you that my 2000 X-Star has the Mayfair aerators and they don't create a tight seal on the new FLY High Sacs. I just got the quick disconnects and added a little hose to add the connects to my pump......NO MORE LEAKS..... when I had the empty pumps screwed in I had a little leak here and there. The threads are just a very very little off. Also never got the bags completely empty, but now with the quick disconnect they empty all the way.

For the valve to you mean you want a solenoid type that is mechanically operated or just one you can get by hand?
(Message edited by xstarrider on March 04, 2008)

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-04-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
Nick sorry just looked up the pump and you are going with the Tsunamis. Disregard the 1000 Statement. Can't say anything about them....Just the Mayfair motors. MY apologies.

Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-04-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
I went with Rule 1100's just so I wouldn't have to fool with the 1 1/8 issue. they will screw into 1" standard pvc fittings
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-04-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
I have a single T-800 filling two 300lb sacs and its not bad if you aren't in a huge hurry. I use a T-800 on each sac to empty and it is plenty fast. I normally fill while getting gear/rope/beer in place and empty while winding down at the end of the day. Works great for me. 3/4" bilge hose, pvc plumbing, and brass parts (not to mention the pumps) are cheaper too.

The stock MLS center sac on my Malibu is filled and emptied with a 700gph. The two 300lb sacs on the T-800 fill in about the same time. When emptying, the separate T-800's are done well before the MLS sac.

So, if the two or three minutes makes a big difference to you and you like searching for oddball plumbing, I recommend the T-1200.
Old     (sxjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
I used rule 1100's. They will screw directly in to fly high sacs. You do have to put silicone or some kind of sealant on the threads. The output is still 1 1/8 but I had no problem finding fittings and hose. Fly high does make an adapter to use the 1200's on their sacs. I think there about $6 each. The important thing is the hose and fitting size. I first tried using the 1000 johnson/mayfair pumps they have a 3/4 hose output it took almost 8 minutes to fill 400lbs. The rule's with the 1 1/8 hose only took 4 minutes. It does cost a bit more to go with larger hose but,if time is important it is well worth it.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have used T1200s and Mayflower 750s and there seems to be a proportionate decrease in fill times with the higher capacity but have not timed it. What you can do is run 1 1/8 piping up to the point where you split or hook up to the sac. You can go to Lowes and buy things to reduce to whatever size you need for just a few dollars. The extra diameter hose is not that much more either. I think it is worth the quicker fill times, especially since I use 1 t1200 pumps to fill 2 550s which takes about 8-10 minutes.

Emptying is always quicker than filling because you have less gravity to fight when you empty so you can get buy with lower flow pumps to discharge. Besides fill times are more urgent to get on the water and I do not care nearly as much how fast it takes to empty.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-05-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
I'm planning on using the scoop to the manifold type so I am hoping the 800's fill quicker. Almost like a 1000 gph and I will be cruising at 20 - 25 mph. I was also worried about 1200's to fill and 800's to drain, will they fill to quick and if you don't shut the pump off could it blow a bag? If you have a 1" filling hose and only a 3/4" for the drain/overflow could that be a problem? I am kind of set with the 800's for now but will wait a little longer before I buy everything.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-06-2008, 6:48 AM Reply   
there is not a problem with overflow bursting a bag. None of the aerator pumps put out enough pressure to cause a problem. When water starts squirting out the overflow, you turn off the fill pump, but if you let it keep going for a while it won't hurt anything.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-06-2008, 6:56 AM Reply   
i used 1100s as well. found them for about 30 buck on ebay.

Mine fill pretty fast on the scoop. nick, your drain time will be slightly longer, but not a big deal. Curious why you couldn't buy larger hose or connections if you want larger hose..

also, i used plastic thru hull fittings to add fill/drain holes to my sacs. worked really well. So, you could use the 3/4 for a vent, then add 1" drain hole if you wanted.