Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
lamest trend = wakeskaters trying to help wakeskating grow by talking smack about wakeboarding in a wakeboarding forum.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-03-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
Right after i see the first 1080 landed on a wakeskate i will admit its a better sport, until then they each have a spot on my boat.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
Fat guys, with their guts hanging out, won't even try to go wake to wake anymore(let alone inverts or spins), and blame injuries while thinking back to the good old days.

Oh, wait, that's me.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
I've already made a commitment to finish out this year wakeboarding. Plus its like a drug you have to ween yourself off it i cant go cold turkey, haha.

Neither sport is better than the other, each to his own.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-03-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
watching someone throw down behind the boat and then you realize that every one of their tricks were heelside! gotta love heelside hero's
Old    stillstandin            02-03-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Hello, my name is Craig, and I am a Heelside hero..:-) At least I can admitt it
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-03-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
heelside hero here to.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
Lamest trend = joe umali

hahaha

Im not talking smack joe, its all in good fun. I love the watersports community.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
mitch, please stop posting until you can redeem yourself from this. thank you.

Upload
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
Joe, you know that's your desktop....
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Craig and Brandon, I dont know if you get Alliance, but I got the "post of the year" talking about very similar issues to you that I had. Basically talking about the issues I had, the holes in my riding and what I learned going back to the basics.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-04-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
"pickle fork wakeboats"

Agreed, and I'm not sorry for saying so
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-04-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
"lamest trend = wakeskaters trying to help wakeskating grow by talking smack about wakeboarding in a wakeboarding forum."

Joe, the biggest problem that I see with tha trend is the age of the wakeskating demographic.
making a random visit to the skating sites gives me a flashback of jr high to some degree.

there are some very cool wakeskaters out there that are down for the cause, but I will agree that the smack talk has become lame.

carry on.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
oh, i hear you kdubz. there are some super cool skaters out there. the problem i addressed above are the ones that are actively ripping wakeboarders in wakeboarding forums. if they think wakeskating is so superior, why keep coming back to wakeboarding forums? if it's simply to go in wakeboarding forums to knock wakeboarding, that's lame.

on that note, i still wanna skate and learn to winch w/ a skate.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-04-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
Joe, trust me...we're on the same page.

I'm suprised you haven't got your son into wakeskating considering how much he likes to skateboard....by the looks of it, at least.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
actually, he wakeskated a lot over the summer. while dad was at work, he skated, wakeboarded or surfed, mon thru fri. it was always one or the other! lucky mother fudger!!!!! haha!
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-04-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
Okay, i couldn't even read all of the posts, but heres my two cents of what I actually skimmed. I wore board pants...once, in a photo shoot unfortunately. But come on, get over it.
I did find it funny when Tackleberry said in his #3 explanation that "caring what everyone else thinks" is lame, since he is on a website thread page that is nothing but opinions that we all like to share.
Speaking of opinions...my humble opinion is whenever your wetsuit goes over your knees, like in a full suit, no shorts. If your wetsuit has that area hanging out the bottom of your shorts, it just looks funny.
Most, and I carefully say most, most of my friends will not wear shorts with fulls. Respected friends of mine, Ruck, Shane, Gerry, Andrew, Rusty etc...don't mind showing off some thigh.
But, like I said, just an opinion. when it comes down to it, i really don't care. so why do i take the time to share...i don't know?
And as far as "Mitch" the wakeskater goes, you can't say he looks gay because of his full suit and no short. He looks gay because of his back arm. And I use the term "gay" in the Michael Scott explanation sense of the word. sorry mitch, you do look like you have some pretty good skate skills.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-04-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
nice.
Old     (jon_m)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-04-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
it's the blind backside imaginary handshake.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
Joe, me and Mitch were refering to a thread we had going in the wakeskate discussion board in which I was talking about possibly making the switch to only skating. He was simply joking with me, no knocks were intended towards wakeboarders. The rest my responses were largely sarcastic. Nothing but love for anyone behind a boat.

And I call the up's on that shuv Redeemtion, haha.

(Message edited by dlwsrider on February 04, 2008)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-04-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding is for people who wear shorts over their full suits.

Upload Upload
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-04-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
You're already dressed.......Wait if your shorts are on the outside does that mean you guys are free ballin under there? Ewwwww..
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-04-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
Here is just my two cents....

I think changing wakeboard shapes every 2 or 3 years is pretty lame, and new boards coming out that everyone claims has "way more pop." Don't get me wrong, I am all for innovation, but I've ridden a lot of shapes and most of them ride very similar. I am glad that innovation has been going in the direction of lighter boards and flex patterns instead. Serious, ride some classic shapes like the Trip, Byerly finless, Premier, Belmont, Double Up Nelson, and other boards. Those boards ride just as well as any board today. Take a look at snowboarding, when was the last time shapes drastically changed? Other then magna-traction and banana shapes haven't changed at all for a while. We don't need new shapes we need better quality, especially with bindings I am sick of breaking two pairs of bindings a year.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
caleb, i stated what i was referring to.

scott, those that's gone as far as they could go in wakeboarding take up wakeskating or wakesurfing.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-04-2008, 9:56 PM Reply   
Keep talking Mr I Wish I Could Learn To Winch With A Skate!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2008, 9:59 PM Reply   
i am. at no time did i say i was giving up wakeboarding and taking up skating...and start talkin' down on wakeboarding.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
Another growing trend that is starting to annoy me..... using the phrase "school me on...." when asking for advice on wakeboarding message boards.
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-05-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Energy drinks and people talking about the same things over and over on this board.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-05-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
Aqua dumps...went out of style in 02 believe
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-05-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
Nick, that touches on something that I find hilarious which is the general attitude that the board plays such a significant role in your abilities to ride.

I hear sooooo many people and the underlying attitude is that when they find a board that will suit them, they will magically become a pro rider, haha. They buy multiple boards a season "searching" for that perfect board that will unlock all their potential. I will stick with my double up and focus on water time personally.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-05-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Double up?? Dude, if you upgraded your board you would get so much more hang time. Check out the explosion of the Transcend or Natural Dude! You will get at least two more feet of air if you get one of those boards.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-05-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
I hear a lot about the natural on here... obrien guys are intense
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-05-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
Wish I could take back everything I said in my previous comment. I don't care if you wear shorts, overalls or a tutu over your full. Ride with what you feel like. I wore a silver suit with rockets, an afro with a flowered shirt, an apron as a cape and I am on here telling you to make sure you look cool when you ride. Sheesh! Mitch, keep the back arm however you want, that is your style.
When I first got into riding professionally, I noticed how opinionated everyone was, and I didn't like it. Opinions are fine, just negative ones are a bummer and I told myself I wouldn't get involved in the negativity. So here I am apologizing for stating something that is really unimportant.
Rock it however you feel best and have the most fun doing.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
Shaun you are by far the coolest laid back person I have ever seen in my life, and I don't just mean when your on a board or at a boarding event, whereever you are and whatever you are doing, you are always making the best of it all and I admire that about you the most. If you really want to take your opinion back just delete the post, no one will mind.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
Shorts outside the suite is lame, and I really want to know of those that do it, how many wear a pair of shorts under to. That is just wierd.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-05-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
shaun dont worry about the "Gay" comment, Michael Scott is the shiat, anything he says goes! He might be smarter than Chuck Norris.
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'd bet Chuck Norris and Randall Harris wouldn't wear shorts over wetsuits.
Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       02-05-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
Wow, lamest thread ever on an already lame site. Even Murray is backpedaling. Wakemitch you rock, period. Do not listen to vals and/or strappers EVER!
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-05-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
http://videos.wakeboardingmag.com/files/photos/d1c38a09acc3484L.jpg

Seth check this link to see Randall rockin the shorts over the full suit.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-05-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
Oh man, Murray just gave me an idea for my summer film project... This is going to be awesome...
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-05-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Eubanks, please tell me your not serious with that?....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-05-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Randall rockin the shorts over the suit....YES!!

Really, it's a west coast = shorts vs. east coast = no shorts thing, with a few confused people on each side....Shaun Murray included! Once he moved to Florida, he had to give up the shorts over the suit .

Just playin Shaun. Hope you make the CIE Spring Ride. I know we've got your number!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-05-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
DC...if this site is so lame, then what the hell are you doing here?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-05-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
I would say Eubanks was not serious with that Matt, he always has great advice on here and that comment I would say was a JOKE.
I know I am guilty of telling riders to demo the Transcend a lot on here, because I think its a great board. I do not tell riders that you will get two more feet of air on the board though, because we all no pop is more about the rider and less about a board.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-05-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
I'm east coast, and I'm alllll for the shuits (shorts+wetsuit=Shuits. be retarded, but just nod and smile at me... It'll make my small mind very happy). As a matter of fact, personally, I think the shorts over the long wetsuit actually looks kind of badass... But that's just me and I'm CRAZY...

Upload

Oh that's cool, i said "shh!" and then said "It may" and it bleeped it out...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-05-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Matt - Yes, I was kidding. I actually own a Transcend. I should have put one of these in my post!

Thanks innov8. I was just messing around!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-05-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
Hahahaha. this is so funny. I didnt really get a chance to read this stuff after work yesterday and i come back to this. haha.

Shaun, i know I have a problem with my back arm. I hate when it gets cut of in pictures. Ive been really trying to control it, especially in skateboarding. Its just how ive always ridden though. Not everyone can have byerly's hook, haha.

People are going to do what they want to do. Don't let people tell you what you should or shouldnt do when you wakeboard/skate. Do whats comfortable, do what you want, have fun.

Ride for yourself.

Vote Ron Paul
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-05-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
i never got why wearing shorts over your full dry/wet suit is gay. Maybe its just me but I've always thought revealing skin tight appearal around the thigh and ass was always a little bit strange. hahahaha.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
3- spoon watches (sorry shaun)
2- jetpilot pants (shaun hey I still have my pair and their good for hidding your full legged wetsuite)
1- ICON wakeboards (u were better off straping bindings to a ski- it would have been wider probably)

These I think were the most notible fades i've seen.

bones...almost forgot about them..classic!

And for best video clip...Shapiro stating that sport will never head in the direction where guys would not be strapped to a board....High Wake Drifters 96 or 97?

(Message edited by aubuchon03 on February 05, 2008)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
spoon watches are sick!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
Women should always, always, always forego the shorts when wearing wetsuits.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-06-2008, 3:14 PM Reply   
Some women at least.