I moved out to Pittsburgh from Florida about a year and a half ago. Unfortunatly, I have not found any places to ride in Latrobe. Pittsburgh is less than an hour away, and there are a lot of people that have boats. I can introduce you to some poeple once it warms up. As long as your bring beer or gas money, they will take almost anyone out.
Below is a list of the places that are good to ride (that I have been to so far), and the distances from Latrobe.
- (1 hour east) Indian Lake - Just north of somerset, good manmade lake, the marina owner (Mike) is a really nice guy. He had a little bit of product and was selling malibus.
- (1 hour west) Pittsburgh has 3 rivers and a lot of different places to ride. I usually ride the Mon River near downtown. The golden triangle ski club is up on the allegheny and they have their own island. The local pro shop is http://www.skipsextrememarine.com
They carry Liquid Force, Hyperlite, O'Brien and were talking about picking up Ronix. They travel around the Pittsburgh area, and give people free rides behind Nautiques (usually the 210 or 220). If you check the website, they usually post up where they will be the week before they go.
- (1 hour and a half south) youghiogheny river lake, pa - Really deep and large.
- (2 hours south) Cheat Lake, WV and Deep Creek Lake, MD - This is where I first rode when I moved to PA. You can easly take a board to the local marinas and hitch a ride on someones boat. http://www.highmountainsports.com
is on Deep Creek, and usually through a good tournament every August.
- (2 and a half hours north) Conneaut Lake is a natural lake with a good pro shop http://www.navcompany.com
. Mark teaches lessons up there, and is friendly to everyone.
- (2 hours east) Raystown Lake, PA. As before mentioned, PSU has a wakeboard club. I have not been out there yet.
I hope this helps.