Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old    Austin (shaggystud06)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-28-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
So I am getting a wakeboard for my sister. She is 14 about 5'3", skinny, like 100-105 pounds. I only see her getting taller, not much bigger. Any suggestions? She can board pretty well, not to strong on her toe size edge but can weave in and out and wants to learn to jump and do basic surface tricks. Any suggestions on sizes or even a setup?
Old    Ben Ax (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-28-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
at 105 lbs my guess would be to go with between 126 and 133. Height really doenst factor into the board equation..its how much weight that board needs to displace over the water. I'm kinda bias towards my Premier, a real mellow shape, doesnt break ya off to hard, it's got ALOT of controlled pop and is very smooth. They have it in a 131 and i think that'd really be a good board for her. My opinion anyway. hope it helped!
Old    Cris (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-29-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
I suggest a 134. If she will be getting taller, she will need a wider stance... and will probably feel more comfortable in a 134. I am 95 lbs and I ride a 132, but I can easily ride in a 134.

As for setups, here's one by Liquid Force that's great for learning but will keep up with you when you go to more advanced tricks (it's the same shape ben greenwood was riding before he got his own board)
http://www.miamiskinautiques.com/2008-Liquid-Force-diva-with-Prima-boots-p/08lfdiva-fslash-prima.htm

And also, from Ronix, there's this setup that has an asymetrical board that helps you improve your TS edge.
http://www.miamiskinautiques.com/2008-Ronix-Krush-with-Halo-Boots-p/08rnxkrush-fslash-halo.htm

Both boards are very light and would be great for her.
IMO the premier is a great board, but for my taste it is too slow and lands hard.
Old    Michael O (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       11-29-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
use the board wizard!

http://www.wakeworld.com/Wizard/Boards.asp
Old    Jeff Baker (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-29-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Get her an 08 CWB Sapphire 134 with some hinge tech bindings like the 08 CWB Ember OT or if she likes closed toe then they have the 08 CWB Tiffany CT with the hinge tech.
Great board and great bindings the hinge tech makes the bindings a breeze to put on or take off.
Old    Michael O (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       11-29-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
CWB ROCKS!