Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-09-2012, 11:18 AM Reply   


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lake-H...e/388625025936
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-09-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Better than the old IMO but still doesn't really stir anything in me.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-09-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Not my favorite.....
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-09-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
Ugly as hell...this coming a Malibu fan.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-09-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
That graphic is terrible. Keep the wakesetter, Malibu and 24. Ditch the stupid parallel lines.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-09-2012, 2:13 PM Reply   
I like it but think having a black hull would really set this one off!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-09-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
Looks like a A22 knock off... Dislike...
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-09-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truekaotik View Post
Looks like a A22 knock off... Dislike...
my understanding is that Malibu owns Axis, pretty likely that they will have some similar features. My bet is that the 'Bu pickle fork hulls are a slightly tweaked/improved version of the A20 and A22. Anyone have any solid information on this?
Old     (jimmyd)      Join Date: Apr 2012       12-09-2012, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
my understanding is that Malibu owns Axis, pretty likely that they will have some similar features. My bet is that the 'Bu pickle fork hulls are a slightly tweaked/improved version of the A20 and A22. Anyone have any solid information on this?
I think only features that are similar are similar vendors like indmar, boat mate, etc. However, the products from the vendors maybe different. I'm pretty sure this is the case with every boat made in Tennessee or even in the US.

The wedge is a feature on the malibu and axis.

As far as hull design goes, they are different. The MXZ is 2" wider. You could say that it is a tweaked version of the A22, VLX, LSV, or any other boat in Malibu's line,

Climb around both boats and you'll see the differences. Example, Malibu's tower speaker cans are built in house. Axis' aren't. Both are great buys and hold their values just as good if not better than any boat out there.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-09-2012, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
I think only features that are similar are similar vendors like indmar, boat mate, etc. However, the products from the vendors maybe different. I'm pretty sure this is the case with every boat made in Tennessee or even in the US.

The wedge is a feature on the malibu and axis.

As far as hull design goes, they are different. The MXZ is 2" wider. You could say that it is a tweaked version of the A22, VLX, LSV, or any other boat in Malibu's line,

Climb around both boats and you'll see the differences. Example, Malibu's tower speaker cans are built in house. Axis' aren't. Both are great buys and hold their values just as good if not better than any boat out there.
Just to clarify, I am speaking strictly in terms of the wetted HULL design itself. Nothing in terms of aesthetics, interior/component quality, or brand of engines. The angles and curvature of the cap, the insets on the sides of the hull (above the water line), and other non wetted features that have little to nothing to do with the wake in terms of fluid interaction, can be changed to make the boat look very different.

I would bet that the part of the hull that matters (on both of the new malibu pickleforks) is very similar to that of the A20 and A22, respectively.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-09-2012, 5:39 PM Reply   
Also, that is a big boat for a solid white hull in my opinion. Would be better with the setup I mentioned earlier on a white trailer and white tower.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       12-09-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
Yuck......
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-10-2012, 3:15 AM Reply   
Should've stuck with the previous version
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-10-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
I think those boats would look best with no graphics. Just the metal MXZ bar and the Malibu in the back. For 100K, I want class--not fashion. But that is just my personal opinion.

Either way. Those boats are bad to the bone.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-10-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
No a fan of the new graphic - cheapen's the look
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-10-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
If I had to guess - I'd say that this is one of those boats that would look SICK on the water.. Even this exact boat.. The angle of the pic is weird and some boats dont look as sexy trailored..

Put this on one of those lakes we are all jealous of (Shasta) and I bet it looks like sex.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-10-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
On a side note that first boat and trailer is balanced amazingly! Its not even using the jack! haha
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-10-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by King12 View Post
On a side note that first boat and trailer is balanced amazingly! Its not even using the jack! haha
Its hooked up to a fork lift which is why the tongue jack is off the ground.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-10-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:37 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us