Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       08-03-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Who has gone to Breck over Thanksgiving before? Is it extremely packed or are there usually enough runs open that it isn't that bad? Are you also able to get any deals on lift tickets?
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-03-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
It is too hard to tell. The website says November 11 is their planned open day, but that depends on mother nature. It could be epic,but more than likely it will be man made on a few runs at best with a large holiday crowd. I seriously doubt you will get any deals for a holiday weekend. I avoid riding during the holidays.
Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-04-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
It is pre-peak season, so tickets are cheaper than normal anyway.

November is so early, we usually do not have great snow by then (unless like Shooter says, mother nature is nice to us). So usually man-made runs, families and kids on Thanksgiving break bombarding the mountain.

It's fun nonetheless. You may want to look at trying a quieter mountain like Loveland or A-Basin. Loveland, especially, usually gets the best snow early season.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-04-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
+ 1 for Loveland. I think they opened late October last season (weeks before Breckinridge). I would even go to Vail before Breckinridge for thanksgiving.
Old     (LowPressure)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-10-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
Thanksgiving is a crap shoot anywhere! The biggest problem with Breck , is the Epic pass and close proximity to Denver. They sell a butt load of cheap passes to the masses.

Your best bet would be some place like Grand Targhee or Wolf Creek. Places that get a lot of natural snow and don't have large population centers close by.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-11-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
Colorado Winters are no good... We never get snow.... I would go someplace else if I were you!
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-22-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
Lol @ mtnsun! That's what I told people when I lived there! And whatever you do, don't ever go to Copper Mtn. It's not convenient at all, and its always crowded.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-22-2012, 8:36 PM Reply   
I went two weeks ago and had a blast. Snowed a lot while I was there and quite a bit sense but heard that before I went it was pretty scarce.