1. throw your line out before you jump in the water, then you know if there are any knots to untangle.
2. have your driver do an idle (not plowing) back to pick you up, it keeps the water smooth and saves on gas.
3. if you want to learn a trick bring the rope back in all the way. (it really helps with fundamentals and makes it easy, so when you put the line back out to normal you will have amazing form)
4. Don't have your stance straight and too narrow. Keep your stance wide enough so if someone were to push you over, you wouldn't fall.
5. pick your speed, you know what you like.
6. Don't doubt yourself, have confindence in your riding. It is amazing how much my riding changed in 3 days when there are no doubts.
7. Have fun!!!! ( I move this to #1)