Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2010, 11:28 PM Reply   
http://wake9.com/community/content.p...ts-and-Buddies

So its time for the Polar Bear event again. We only have room for up to 25 people, MAX. We are going to have a great time. CMS is helping us with this one, and check out the list of boards:
  • Flyboy Wakesurfing
    • JWSM (Surf4'5")
  • Inland Surfer
    • Moss (Skim 4'2")
    • Infectious (Skim 4'5")
    • Black Pearl Yellow (Skim 4'8")
    • Sweet Spot Woody (Surf 4'8")
    • Swallow (Surf 5'3")
    • Blue lake (Surf 5'4")
    • Red Woody (Surf 5'6")
  • The Walker Project
    • JWSM 4'5"
    • JWSM 4'0"
    • 2010 Grom
    • 2011 Grom Prototype
    • F-18 (Surf 4.6' and 4.8')
    • Bazooka (Surf 5.1')
    • Cruiser (Surf 6'6")
  • Calibrated Wakesurfing
    • Piscus Pro (Skim 51")
    • Piscus tri fin (Skim 51" and 57")
  • Shredstixx
    • Ja Mako (Surf 4'11")
    • Comp One (Surf 4'8")
  • Grind Water
    • Ginsu (Surf 5')
    • Slaysh (Surf 4'8")
  • Hyperlite
    • Land Lock (Surf 5'11")
  • CWB
    • Ride (Compression Molded 60")
    • Razr (Surf 57" I think)

All of those boards available to demo in one place. If you want to see your board demoed, feel free to contact me. And as far as boats:
  • Guaranteed
    • The Wake9 2010 Tige RZ2
    • Ski Supreme V226
  • Hopefully
    • 2010 Centurion Enzo SV230
    • 2011 Tige RZR
  • We are trying, don't count on it
    • Sanger V237
    • Malibu Wakesetter 247 LSV

I need help on the sanger and malibu. So if anyone wants to help me make this happen it would be GREAT.

As usual, the people that show up will be filling out forms and we will post lots of pics and video and feedback from the riders. This year there is a cost. Last year, Amy and I just payed for it all, to see if it would fly. This year we are hoping to break about even. We will be out all day on 10/16 and then dinner at our favorite pizza parlor in downtown Chico, called Woodstocks. Don't miss it.

A note on the boats and wakes. We cannot demo any personal boats, they must be from dealers, and the dealer must provide the driver. We want each boat to be weighted properly, and we will work to get that done. We will be demoing with stock boats, with extra water ballast only, and the ballast and people in the boat must not exceed the stated manufactures weight. We are not looking for which boat makes the most monster of a wake. We are looking to demo the boats so that the riders get a feel for what they will get when they buy. We are going to push that all ballast be hidden, but not required. Each boat weight setup will be thoroughly photographed and documented. We may need help, and will seek it for the enzo to make sure the goofy wake is setup properly, as long as it meets the above requirements.

Hope that makes sense, we want people to demo stock boats with daily setups, and lead free.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-17-2010, 12:28 AM Reply   
sounds like fun man. cant wait to see some pictures!!!! you guys always have some good stuff on wake9.com to check out.

I hate to do it, but i have to, that comment about the enzo seems like a poke, whether it be intentional or not, people pick up on it.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2010, 12:57 AM Reply   
Well, help me out Joey, I meant no poke, honestly. If you mean we may need help, all I mean by that is I don't want anyone to say our pictures and video are bad because we didn't weight it properly. So I am willing to get help from someone in the centurion community to make sure it is weighted well, so that way the Enzo is represented as well as any other boat. So when I said that, I meant that I want to put out every effort to make sure it is represented well. Does that make sense? I didn't mean it can't be done, or its hard, just that I haven't done it.

Anyway, if the centurion community wants to send someone that they feel will weight it right, I am all for that. Also, if there is another dealer, or Centurion Corp that wants to instead send a 2011, and make sure there is one presented, I am all for that also. Grant from CMS thinks he may sell it before the date, so that is why that boat is a maybe. Would be happy to make a centurion a for sure, just would need help. Just remember, it has to be a dealer, with a driver from the dealer, not a personal boat due to insurance and liability reasons. Also, I can't have a wake9 sanctioned event, where we are demoing boats that are weighted above the manufacturers suggested weight limit with water ballast and people. I hope you all can understand that.
Old    surfdad            09-17-2010, 5:43 AM Reply   
We'll be there, looking forward to seeing the extended Garcia clan!
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-17-2010, 6:36 AM Reply   
I should send a stretchboard up there for people to try ..
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
That would be great James. If you contact mitch at CMS, they are taking care of the boards, then I will add it to our list.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-17-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
where is this located at for us who don't know... state? lake?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
What city would one fly into to get to this event?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-17-2010, 8:00 AM Reply   
Probably Sacramento
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Follow the first link, at the top of the post for up to date info. Sacramento Airport. I will also be providing hotel info this weekend.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-17-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
Sounds like fun and a great list of boards for everyone to try before you buy. Nice boat line up too, wished there were more boats to ride in or surf behind.

I have to agree with Joey C. with the comment as a poke. When I first read it I was good until that comment and was like WTF? This all over again? I would suggest editing that whole part out "We may need help, and will seek it for the enzo to make sure the goofy wake is setup properly, as long as it meets the above requirements." so not to wake up the sleeping beast.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
Well, I would edit it if I could. I hope you understand, I meant no poke. I was trying to communicate that I want to be sure it is represented as well as the others, and I personally have not weighted an enzo before. You have to understand my sensitivity, that I don't want to put on the event, and have it marred by people saying we purposely didn't weight it right or something. That is what I meant that we would need help. Apparently, it didn't read that way, and for that, I apologize. There was no poke or bash intended. I take these kinds of demos very seriously and want everyone there to get a good ride on whatever boat they choose to demo.

I want every rider to ride behind all boats, that will be my goal, unless we get too many boats. On the boards, I am going to have each rider pick 6 or so boards, in order of preference, and we will organize it ahead of time.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-17-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
"We may need help, and will seek it for the enzo to make sure the goofy wake is setup properly, as long as it meets the above requirements."

Nothing wrong with this, now guys are just being to sensitive For as much heat Ragboy has taken from the Centurion community (me included), I thought this was a nice jester and I dont blame him. Personally, I would like it run 1,500lbs Enzo sac, auto trim tab all the way down and 500-750lbs people on the seats. BTW, if the Enzo 230 does not have an auto trim tab there is no point in running the boat on the dark side. The wake will be terrible if you can not run with the trim tab down (just like the 226)

Sounds like great event. I look forward to the feed back. I really hope someone shows up with Bu247. It would be nice to see little video on it.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
@jkw, thanks, I appreciate it. It truly was not meant to be a poke. Why would I even try to include the enzo, if that was my intention? If you guys want to help, or ring someone up at centurion to provide a 2010-2011 with an adjustable trim, I will be very open to that. All the boats will be running on both sides, it probably won't look good if we say, we decided not to try on the other side. I will find out if that boat has an adjustable plate, I honestly don't know.

The Sanger and the Bu are wishful thinking, I included them and I have contacted Sanger and Malibu. I am hoping by including, I might have a better chance. I want this to be an annual event, where people can demo a lot. And over time we are working to be able to include more riders.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
Does anyone have a good contact at Sanger? If you do, please PM me, or use this:

http://wake9.com/blogs/ragboy/contact/

I have contacted Malibu through a dealer, and through Facebook. But if anyone has a strong contact there also, I would love to know. Thanks.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-17-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
you can definitely count on frank and christopher in the participation of this event
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-17-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
and remember to order me Non Hot Wings!!!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-17-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Ragboy maybe you should refrain from even using the word Enzo or Centurion. LOL.....J/K
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
@frank, make sure you sign up on the site! Looking forward to it Frank, as always.

@anthonyv911 I hear you, but in the end, my motives and heart from the sport will come through. And it includes Centurion.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
*for the sport
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-18-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
ragboy is good for the sport
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
I'm stoked for this. I can't wait to ride with everyone.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-21-2010, 3:00 AM Reply   
So on Saturday, RJ and I took the 2 hour drive to head down to California Marine Sports in Suison City to see our buddy Mitch (wakemitch) and have some fun. I wanted everyone to get a visual idea of 2 things:

1. How many boards we are going to have to demo
2. The pro shop at CMS is really great, tons of boards to choose from. I have always wanted to see a great wakesurf shop, and I don't know of another like this in NorCal.

Enjoy the video, and if in NorCal, check out CMS, we gotta support these local shops. 2 board shops in Chico went out of business this summer, such a bummer. Anyway, Enjoy.

Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-21-2010, 5:57 AM Reply   
Zip two vests together in daisy chain fashion. IMO.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-21-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
Funny video! Good job.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-21-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
Is that a Walker Cruiser behind you at the end of the video?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-21-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
Yes, a 6'6" version.

@dtw I have a PFD that fits, just screwing around.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-21-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
just screwing around too.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-21-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
Good, you had me concerned. ;-)
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-21-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
So if you have a vest that fits,does that mean you are gonna surf?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-21-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
lol, working on it.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-22-2010, 3:57 PM Reply   
looka cool man. wish i could go!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-24-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
I'm officially in!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-24-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
Me Too!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-25-2010, 1:49 AM Reply   
I got some cool news to post about this in a couple of days, probably monday.
Old     (Tommy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-01-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Hey guys and ladies I have enjoyed following your post? Has anyone tried longboarding on the wake? The reason I ask is two weeks ago I was on the giant standup paddle board and just for grins took the rope on the wakesurf Malibu when it rambled by. This was going to be a joke and I was just going back the the other side of the lake for grins on this huge 11"2" barge. I got up to about 9.5 miles per hour and threw the handle to the boat and started surfing. At first I had some trouble getting in the right position but moved out a bit further than I do on a tradional board and behold I was longboarding with quite a bit of success. Now my chops are way down since I have not surfed much since I moved back from Florida and closed the surf shop there but all of a sudden I started walking the board, tail stalling and just having a blast. Around the lake 4 times with no falls. Now this barge was cumbersome but I think a traditional 9' board might be killer and allow me to come off the wake with some speed and cross step to the nose and either do a cheater 5 for a few seconds or possible hang 10. I need to get out again but have a set of new stitches to heal from first from another deal. I thought I would ask you guys that have so much experiance if anyone has done this and if you guys think it could be another division of wakesurfing. We have both divisions in tradional surfing and the longboard thing will let guys over 260 lbs have another outlet. It is very hard teaching a 260lb plus guy on a 4'2" or even a wakeboard if they are not good watermen or women. Please advise me. Thanks for letting me be part of your discussions. This forum rocks!

Tommy Phillips
Tommy's Slalom Shop
www.gettommys.com
www.thiniceband.com
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2010, 1:55 AM Reply   
OK, so we have about 6 spots left, but we are extending the event for a second day for those that want to stay for a "free ride" demo time on Sunday. Check here for more details...

http://wake9.com/community/content.p...bear-demo-2010

Its gonna be a great time on a houseboat on Lake Oroville, thanks to the great sponsors listed at the above link.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-06-2010, 2:33 AM Reply   
We have added the sign up options for adding the second day. Its going to be a blast on the the houseboat(s). Can't wait!

http://wake9.com/polar-bear
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-11-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
We are basically FILLED up. You can still add on the second day, if you are on the fence, here is some news. First, check out the list of boards available to you:
  • Flyboy Wakesurfing
    • JWSM (Surf4'5")
  • Inland Surfer
    • Moss (Skim 4'2")
    • Infectious (Skim 4'5")
    • Black Pearl Yellow (Skim 4'8")
    • Sweet Spot Woody (Surf 4'8")
    • Swallow (Surf 5'3")
    • Blue lake (Surf 5'4")
    • Red Woody (Surf 5'6")
  • The Walker Project
    • JWSM 4'5"
    • JWSM 4'0"
    • 2010 Grom
    • 2011 Grom Prototype
    • F-18 (Surf 4.6' and 4.8')
    • Bazooka (Surf 5.1')
    • Cruiser (Surf 6'6")
  • Calibrated Wakesurfing
    • Piscus Pro (Skim 51")
    • Piscus tri fin (Skim 51" and 57")
  • Shredstixx
    • Ja Mako (Surf 4'11")
    • Comp One (Surf 4'8")
    • NEW 2011 Kids Board
  • Grind Water
    • Ginsu (Surf 5')
    • Slaysh (Surf 4'8")
  • Hyperlite
    • Land Lock (Surf 5'11")
  • CWB
    • Ride (Compression Molded 60")
    • Razr (Surf 57" I think)
  • Stretch
    • Stretch board provided by DJJamez, not sure of specs.
  • Soulcraft Boards
    • 4' 6" Nugget- (skim style)
    • 4' 6" Jetty- (surf style)
    • 4' 8" Jetty- (surf style) Has a really pulled in tail.
    • 4' 8" Terramar- (surf style) Has a rounder nose with a pulled in tail (EPS EPOXY)
    • 5' 0" Jetty- (surf style) (EPS EPOXY)
    • 5' 2" Jetty- (surf style) Big round tail

OK, now the list of boats:
  • Guaranteed
    • The Wake9 2010 Tige RZ2
    • 2011 Ski Supreme V226
    • 2011 Centurion Enzo 230+ (Thanks Centurion!)
    • 2007 Tige 24Ve to help keep board demos moving, or as a backup

Serious, check that out, all those boards, and 3 world class wakesurf boats in one place, its going to be fun. Last year, it was also just a great time to hang out. Some sponsors stepped up to really make this a great time to hang out.

Thanks to:
Tige Boats
Supreme Boats
Centurion Boats
Shredstixx/Slayshtank
Liquid Trends Audio/Exile
Flyboy Wakesurfing

The sponsor money is providing THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfeT7K-CAe8

So go here to add on that extra day:

http://wake9.com/polar-bear
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-14-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Jacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!