Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (NiceShotMan)      Join Date: May 2010       05-18-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
Found this on the ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D2

I really want to put this on my '99 Super Sort Nautique, I've been looking & looking for a 2nd gen FCT but to no avail so I figure this would more than suffice being practically the same thing different, maybe the Air Boom's even better?

Question to you is what's this worth, it's local to me, I've spoken to the seller and seen this in person, I offered him $700 to leave with it & he declined suggesting that I bid on it.

Let's hear what you think, only a few hours left!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-18-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
I think it looks bad for a seller to pull the ad to sell to someone else just before the auction ends. I think it is good he kept it on. I bet it gets sniped for more than $700. Bid on it up to what you think it is worth...any comparable tower is going to go for more than $700, IMHO. Who knows, it might not go up that high and you could get it for less.
Old     (NiceShotMan)      Join Date: May 2010       05-18-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by talltigeguy View Post
I think it looks bad for a seller to pull the ad to sell to someone else just before the auction ends. I think it is good he kept it on. I bet it gets sniped for more than $700. Bid on it up to what you think it is worth...any comparable tower is going to go for more than $700, IMHO. Who knows, it might not go up that high and you could get it for less.
Yeah, I hear ya about the integrity thing & him not ending it, I just hope I'm around a computer when it ends...

thx
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-18-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Kinda contradictory, it says free shipping and then down below says shipping shouldn't be that bad or something to this effect. You may want to clarify this prior to bidding so you don't get burned sounds like he plans to charge for shipping but states its free. May make one think twice.

Good Luck whatever you decide.
Old     (NiceShotMan)      Join Date: May 2010       05-18-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Wouldn't need it shipped, I can be at the guys house in five minutes. Somewhere in the ad it mentions shipping, his feedback is 100% so I don't think he's in the business to screw anyone. This guys 'real,' we chatted it up for a while, seemed like a nice feller.

Last edited by NiceShotMan; 05-18-2010 at 1:40 PM.
Old     (NiceShotMan)      Join Date: May 2010       05-18-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
If I get into an internet pissing match bidding on this where do I stop? I don't want to overpay, I understand what a new 3D costs, but...
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-18-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
you need to ask your self. How much money saved is worth buying used. On a big ticket item like that if it were in good shape I would be happy with saving $200.00 on it. I would enter your max bid now and forget about it. Don't get caught in a bidding war. If you win great if not move on to a new one.
Old     (NiceShotMan)      Join Date: May 2010       05-18-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
That's exactly what I did, so we'll see!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-19-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
So what was the final outcome?

Edit after clicking on the auction again I see it sold for $581. Hopefully you were the winning bidder.

Last edited by bruizza; 05-19-2010 at 8:04 AM. Reason: checked the OP
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-19-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
I bet the seller wishes he had taken the $700 offer!!!!