I've just started on redoing the system in my lil run about from last year. I wasn't happy at all with the looks of it, so I've gutted and am starting all over again. I will be using all the same equipment and adding a couple pieces to it all. The big changes are getting rid of the MB-8's and replacing those with Pro 80's, adding another DD C2A, replacing all the Alpine's with XS650's, adding a 3rd pair of XS's to the bow area.
The biggest change will be amp mounting and interior color. Since a couple seats had tears and the rear engine cover was torn badly, I decided to tackle recovering it myself along with mounting the amps on the cover.
The engine cover will be the main attraction. 6 of the 7 amps will mounted here. The center piece will be 3/4" plexi glass and edge lit with LED's to show off the amps. The glass will be flush mounted into the foam. There will be a piece of matching vinyl wrapped foam to cover the plexi on normal weekends. It will be raised an lowered with 2-110lb linear actuators. I'll have the amp area totally sealed off from the top side and am planning on using 6-8 fans, mounted on the bottom side to keep the amps cool. I still haven't decided on wether to make trim pieces so all you can see are the amps, or expose the entire area. The dist. blocks will all be hidden under a false floor to the right of the amps.
On to the pics of tear down.