WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video and Photography (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87667)
-   -   Replacing stock Sub in MB (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801092)

selshahsamand 02-07-2014 9:01 AM

Replacing stock Sub in MB
 
Hey guys picking up a new to me 2011 MB tomcat f21. Has upgraded tower speakers and interior speakers along with upgraded amps. Only thing thats stock still is the sub. Its a 10 mounted directly behind the driver seat. Its being run on a arc audio 600 watt rms amp. I would like to upgrade that to something thats going to give out more bass. Can I cut it open and drop in a JL 12w7 or do i stick with the 10 and go with a 10w7 JL. Thanks for your help in advance!

shawndoggy 02-07-2014 9:13 AM

First step would be to seal up the very poorly sealed box that the current sub is in.

selshahsamand 02-07-2014 9:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawndoggy (Post 1864066)
First step would be to seal up the very poorly sealed box that the current sub is in.

Ok will do. But what sub would be a good upgrade and would cutting open the box to fit a 12 a good idea? Thanks

WakeDirt 02-09-2014 6:23 PM

I wouldn't add a 12 personally, I am in a similar situation and will be doing as SD said above. First: put it on a better amp & seal it. If that isn't "enough" I will be adding 2 more tens under the driver's helm

ToddWake 02-09-2014 6:48 PM

Replacing stock Sub in MB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeDirt (Post 1864343)
I wouldn't add a 12 personally, I am in a similar situation and will be doing as SD said above. First: put it on a better amp & seal it. If that isn't "enough" I will be adding 2 more tens under the driver's helm


Let me get this straight.

You were in a 4g negative dive with a MIG 28? At what range?

ToddWake 02-10-2014 4:31 PM

"If you were directly above them, how did you see them?"

ToddWake 02-10-2014 4:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddWake (Post 1864464)
"If you were directly above them, how did you see them?"


I was inverted.

ToddWake 02-11-2014 6:59 AM

Negative ghost rider the pattern is full.

WakeDirt 02-11-2014 11:31 AM

Cocaine is a hell of a drug....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:31 AM.