WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Dodge Ram Cummins Vs Land Rover Defender (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800179)

Kane 10-09-2013 12:33 AM

Dodge Ram Cummins Vs Land Rover Defender
 
Interesting video. Surprising for sure!
http://youtu.be/hDhI-K0aAk8

alcarlaw1 10-09-2013 1:12 AM

yeah, saw that a few days ago - always watch out for the little ones in a fight! That will be 2.5 diesel engine, what is in the Ram?

alcarlaw1 10-09-2013 1:25 AM

here's another..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEkZP...O_7tfxBuk1xF_A

rdlangston13 10-09-2013 2:00 AM

Now the question is is the LR in 4wd? I know they are known for their off-roading ability so do they come with front and rear limited slips or lockers? You can clearly see the dodge in both videos is in 2WD and does NOT have a limited slip or locker due to only one tire spinning. Tug of wars are purely a display of traction and that is about it. Plus once you start spinning your tires you've pretty much lost.


Sent from my iPhone

xstarrider 10-09-2013 4:08 AM

The D90 was my favorite car To date that I have owned. I should have never sold it. Man I miss that bad boy. I guess off roading it balls to the wall 2 yrs straight takes its toll.

alcarlaw1 10-09-2013 4:55 AM

The landy is permanent 4WD, the yank tank looks to be on 2WD though. Funny reading all the comments on the youtube site, lots of angry people out there!!

FastR3DN3K 10-09-2013 8:52 AM

So what? Not that impressed considering the LR had 4wd in and obviously had front lockers. The tugs honestly looked staged, unless the Dodge drivers are just completely stupid retarded truck owners who don't have a clue how to engage their 4x4.

srock 10-09-2013 8:59 AM

The next video is of the Landrover at its favorite hangout, the repair shop. With those street queen wheels and smokestacks the Dodge deserved to be embarrassed. Now lock it down and throw in some weight.

fouroheight68 10-09-2013 9:03 AM

I agree, its a display of traction, not power. The Ram was clearly smoking one tire while the D90 has lockers front and rear. Those D90's are bad ass though!

machloosy 10-09-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdlangston13 (Post 1848506)
Now the question is is the LR in 4wd? I know they are known for their off-roading ability so do they come with front and rear limited slips or lockers? You can clearly see the dodge in both videos is in 2WD and does NOT have a limited slip or locker due to only one tire spinning. Tug of wars are purely a display of traction and that is about it. Plus once you start spinning your tires you've pretty much lost.


Sent from my iPhone

Both Rams come factory with LSD rears and it's evident in the video by the smoke from both on the black ram, and the dual black patches from the dually. Regardless...

It's about traction, and the black Ram would kill the defender if it was even in 4w hi. The Dually showed how much weight impacts traction. But the pavement is really the trucks elements, where as the low range and lockers would show their effectiveness in the dirt more. But hey, two completely different vehicles playing tug-o-war. What do you expect haha :rolleyes:

alcarlaw1 10-11-2013 12:29 AM

The Landy won, so it it better. The end! :)

Iceberg 10-11-2013 6:45 AM

Quote:

So what? Not that impressed considering the LR had 4wd in and obviously had front lockers. The tugs honestly looked staged, unless the Dodge drivers are just completely stupid retarded truck owners who don't have a clue how to engage their 4x4.
The same owner (farm) uses them all. They have another video showing the Dodge pulling a silage or grain hopper. It is all about weight and traction. Even the tube poster acknowledges that. Put some weight in the truck and the LR can be towed in any direction.

tonyv420 10-11-2013 9:25 AM

wouldn't the low center of gavity help the LR? I still would rather have the Mopar!

FastR3DN3K 10-11-2013 10:50 AM

How bout this then?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLkbyHNZEE

Or better yet, I'll start respecting the LR when he can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DamWEIH1XMw

polarbill 10-11-2013 7:58 PM

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...43290226_n.jpg

markj 10-11-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K (Post 1848899)
How bout this then?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLkbyHNZEE

Or better yet, I'll start respecting the LR when he can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DamWEIH1XMw

I've seen that video before and if I was that Chevy owner, I would have beat the $hit out of that Dodge driver. That was messed up. It's one thing to win a tug-o-war but that was over the top...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:25 AM.