WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   awesomness of surfgate, vid inside (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800023)

alty 09-19-2013 1:06 PM

awesomness of surfgate, vid inside
 
HI Everyone

just wanted to share my video of me having fun behing malibu's surfgate, tell me what you think of the wave, and dont forget to hit like on youtube (but only if you enjoyed it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7uNWA3NrA8

you can change the settings to HD on youtube

thanks

alty 09-19-2013 1:11 PM

here is one more just of the transition on surfgate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkrr8x8bguU

dreamer 09-19-2013 6:19 PM

Pretty sweet. What boat and ballast setup?

ragboy 09-19-2013 6:20 PM

That's a pretty good looking wave. I am guessing that is a 23LSV?

alty 09-20-2013 7:22 AM

this is a 21 foot vlx, dialed in perfectly. the set up is all 4 hard tanks filled (2 rear, one center and one bow) as well there is 2 x 750 bags filled one in each rear compartment. there is only the driver in the boat. wedge is at 125% and the speed is is 9.8 mph.

ragboy 09-20-2013 7:29 AM

That's great, I haven't seen anything other than a 23LSV with surfgate that looked good like that yet. Seems a bit slow.

tonyv420 09-20-2013 7:54 AM

I like the wave! very nice!!!

alty 09-20-2013 9:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragboy (Post 1845906)
That's great, I haven't seen anything other than a 23LSV with surfgate that looked good like that yet. Seems a bit slow.

i agree it seems a bit slow, so i am of the opinion that its possible the speedometer or perfect pass is off, i havent had the cnhace yet but i plan on using my gps to verify the sppeed

timmyb 09-20-2013 10:08 AM

The camera angle makes it look like it's still listed to the port side after switching. That is a good looking wave!

michaelmcnamara04 09-20-2013 10:57 AM

Surfgate wavers
 
Great Stuff!!
Check out the SIZE of these surfgate waves!

https://vimeo.com/74744779

https://vimeo.com/74778743

alty 09-20-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyb (Post 1845939)
The camera angle makes it look like it's still listed to the port side after switching. That is a good looking wave!

not listed at all, the camera is on the corner of the boat facing in, that is why it may look listed, its just that the camera is only catching one corner,

rob_pitchford 09-23-2013 4:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alty (Post 1845903)
this is a 21 foot vlx, dialed in perfectly. the set up is all 4 hard tanks filled (2 rear, one center and one bow) as well there is 2 x 750 bags filled one in each rear compartment. there is only the driver in the boat. wedge is at 125% and the speed is is 9.8 mph.

Sorry did you say wedge is 125%? Max wedge is 100% and typically with any more than 3 clicks up the wake washes. Did you mean 25%?

alty 09-23-2013 7:43 AM

125 percent is accurate, a lot of people seem to be putting thier wedge at the bottom, i find that the wedge at 100-125 is a lot cleaner, steeper and higher. you can only set the wedge to 100 percent in the pre sets, so once the boat starts moving we click the wedge up one click to 125% and then it will stay there for your entire session.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:41 AM.