WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Tige release? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799908)

tn_rider 09-10-2013 2:19 PM

Tige release?
 
Just saw where on October 2nd tige is releasing a new boat. Can't wait to see it! Video on Instagram shows a huge double flip.

timmyb 09-10-2013 2:54 PM

You see a quick shot of the camo on the boat. Looks like it's pretty deep!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0YTHHay8G3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DatTexasBoy 09-10-2013 3:06 PM

Stoked on the boat, but a guy doing a double flip means nothing. They are doing this behind all boats!!!

tampawake 09-10-2013 3:14 PM

But did you see his amplitude the dude is flying. Is it a double up or off the wake who knows. Tige could have the biggest baddest crazy huge wake and it will get dogged out so really does no matter. I own an MC but just know how WW works.

Ttime41 09-10-2013 3:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampawake (Post 1844111)
But did you see his amplitude the dude is flying. Is it a double up or off the wake who knows. Tige could have the biggest baddest crazy huge wake and it will get dogged out so really does no matter. I own an MC but just know how WW works.

It's off a double up. You can see the rollers on the other side when he's in the air

wakebordr11 09-10-2013 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampawake (Post 1844111)
But did you see his amplitude the dude is flying. Is it a double up or off the wake who knows. Tige could have the biggest baddest crazy huge wake and it will get dogged out so really does no matter. I own an MC but just know how WW works.

You're gonna get dogged out because you couldn't recognize that the double was off the double up lol!

Impressive sized double up but a double up won't sell me on a boat. As has been said, doubles are being done wake to wake all the time - and Daniel Watkins has been tossing doubles off the dup since like 2002...:)

pc_sledge 09-10-2013 3:49 PM

Have not seen Danny in awhile...dude is awsome, stoked to see that he is still gettin after it.

wakebordr11 09-10-2013 3:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Screen shot. I did not see this when I saw the clip on Tiges FB release earlier... Does look DEEP. Hard to tell if its a pickle or not

Houstonshark 09-10-2013 4:30 PM

Here's the screenshot. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/11/7ezy8u8e.jpg

cwb4me 09-10-2013 7:08 PM

Wow! Can't wait for the next teaser.

bass10after 09-10-2013 8:35 PM

the wake as he rides away and isn't doubled up doesn't look like anything monstrous, however that double flip definitely was. Either way i just like seeing new boats and glad there is new models coming out. Some may disappoint, some may blow everything else out of the water, but at least we get some shiny and new to look at.

machloosy 09-11-2013 9:40 AM

Pretty clear double up... Still cool to see a new release!

behindtheboat 09-11-2013 9:58 AM

He's been doing those since the movie Shafted.....

tampawake 09-11-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass10after (Post 1844174)
the wake as he rides away and isn't doubled up doesn't look like anything monstrous, however that double flip definitely was. Either way i just like seeing new boats and glad there is new models coming out. Some may disappoint, some may blow everything else out of the water, but at least we get some shiny and new to look at.

That was what was getting me on trying to figure out if it was a double or not. The wake he lands on just did not look like a double wake. Either way was a cool video time will tell.

wakebordr11 09-11-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampawake (Post 1844285)
That was what was getting me on trying to figure out if it was a double or not. The wake he lands on just did not look like a double wake. Either way was a cool video time will tell.

But you agree that he did hit a double up, yes?:confused:

juniorhawk 09-11-2013 12:37 PM

Yes that was clearly a double up.

loudelectronics 09-11-2013 12:51 PM

There will be tons of naysayers. For some reason people are so scared of Tige and everyone that slams them typically has never drove one or spent time in one. The factory support is second to none. It is a true family business that actually cares about there customers.

This new boat is going to turn heads as far as the wake goes. Tige wakes have tremendous pop and give riders lots of hang time. What they did to change the hull this year just builds on the convex V does and makes it work even better. This boat is legit...

tampawake 09-11-2013 1:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1844309)
But you agree that he did hit a double up, yes?:confused:

Never said it was not. What made me question it was the look of the wake as he landed. Also said it did not matter. Not sure why me thinking either way makes a difference. So yes its a double up. :banghead:

wakebordr11 09-11-2013 1:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampawake (Post 1844111)
Is it a double up or off the wake who knows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampawake (Post 1844111)
The wake he lands on just did not look like a double wake. Either way was a cool video time will tell


And for the record. My family owns Tige and I really enjoy their brand

kme3113 09-11-2013 1:48 PM

I had a two friends back in the day that owned the 2001 21v model. The towers shook like crazy and one had to be replaced. The taps system did nothing but make the water foam over when you tried to make the wake bigger. At the time ballast bags where not an option through Tige, you had to use your own. I remember the interior being nice but compared to the big 3 at the time there was no comparison. I had sworn off Tige after that and was suprised they lasted long enough to redeem themselves with the new lineup. I like the shapes and style of the new ones but still would have trouble buying one from my past experience. Hopefully they continue to manufacture exciting new products, competition tends to create new innovation.

wakebordr11 09-11-2013 1:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kme3113 (Post 1844334)
I had a two friends back in the day that owned the 2001 21v model. The towers shook like crazy and one had to be replaced. The taps system did nothing but make the water foam over when you tried to make the wake bigger. At the time ballast bags where not an option through Tige, you had to use your own. I remember the interior being nice but compared to the big 3 at the time there was no comparison. I had sworn off Tige after that and was suprised they lasted long enough to redeem themselves with the new lineup. I like the shapes and style of the new ones but still would have trouble buying one from my past experience. Hopefully they continue to manufacture exciting new products, competition tends to create new innovation.

2001 is a far cry from where we are now...

That's almost like saying "I swore off Nautiques when they tried to make the TWC hull be the premier wake hull and advertised it as such and it flopped, so now I would have a hard time buying a G23 as the latest and greatest wake hull"

cwb4me 09-11-2013 4:24 PM

All of the top 10 wake boat manufactures are a far cry from what they produced in 2001. That's why they are still in business,they remained competitive over that time frame. Competition makes better boats for everyone,no matter which manufacturer you like.

bass10after 09-12-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1844379)
All of the top 10 wake boat manufactures are a far cry from what they produced in 2001. That's why they are still in business,they remained competitive over that time frame. Competition makes better boats for everyone,no matter which manufacturer you like.

i agree, however after previously being in a centurion elite bowrider and literally watching it rattle itself apart i will probably never own a centurion because of it. I know that they are leaps and bounds beyond what we had, but the idea in my head that the boat was the biggest pos on the water at the time is enough to make me stay away forever. The mastercrafts and malibu's in my family from the same year were miles beyond that boat( and cost more too). It had some nice features but overall was a terrible boat. I really like the sv244 and 233 and wish we never owned the elite as i'd be able to give them a chance.. If you've ever owned or been in a crappy boat, even if its one crappy model by a manufacturer you like, it will have an effect on some people. I'm not big on brand, i like all boats but after my experience i probably would have to cross them off the list of boats i'd own. Some people are that way. I happen to be one of them.

loudelectronics 09-13-2013 8:12 AM

2003 was the big turnaround for Tige. I have no experience with them before hand besides the 22i(which I liked). We bought a 2004 24V and till this day it is still a head turner. The boat is rock solid. Lots of room, with the 6.0 liter has enough power for the 4400 lbs ballast and just sips the gas. To top it off the wakeboard and surf wake is phenominal. I waited for years to buy a new boat cause I loved this one so much. Almost jumped into the RZ series but still wanted a traditional bow. Once the Z3 came out, I knew it was time to get a new boat. Once again the wake has not been a dissapointment. The wakeboard wake is equal to the 24V with just the stock 2300lb ballast. Teh surf wake takes a bit more weight but that is because the vx adds some more running surface. Once the surf wake was dialed it was awesome as well. I now have 740 hrs on the 24V and 150 on the 13 z3. They are definitely worth a look as they surprise everyone once they get inside and use them. The board wake has really good pop as it is so hard. You dont push through the wake like you do on some others. Plus you can ride 21 mph at 75 feet easily.

Now with this new boat, the tables have turned again. THere will be a lot of jaws dropped when they get to ride it.

MattieK27 09-13-2013 8:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudelectronics (Post 1844723)

Now with this new boat, the tables have turned again. THere will be a lot of jaws dropped when they get to ride it.

Does everyone on Wakeworld

A. Have access to information on boats months before they are released

B. Get paid to hype up there brand of choice

???

I'm just curious, it seems like every new boat thread has a handful of people that have seen/rode/have insider info on said boat well before its release, and even more people will hype the release likes it's the second coming of the fiberglass boat.

I like the enthusiasm, but come on...

wakebordr11 09-13-2013 9:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1844726)
Does everyone on Wakeworld

A. Have access to information on boats months before they are released

B. Get paid to hype up there brand of choice

???

I'm just curious, it seems like every new boat thread has a handful of people that have seen/rode/have insider info on said boat well before its release, and even more people will hype the release likes it's the second coming of the fiberglass boat.

I like the enthusiasm, but come on...

Thanks for the threadjack mattieK, you add so much with posts like this. It's a tige new release, people are stoked on it, whatever man, its all good.

I just am curious about a 'new hull' or 'hull mods that interact better with convex vx', because people have written both. Either way it sounds great, but to hype small mods as "now we are competing with the G23... sorry but I don't think so"

Disclaimer, I do really enjoy Tige as a brand, but rumor mill is swirlin'

MattieK27 09-13-2013 9:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1844737)
Thanks for the threadjack mattieK, you add so much with posts like this. It's a tige new release, people are stoked on it, whatever man, its all good.

I just am curious about a 'new hull' or 'hull mods that interact better with convex vx', because people have written both. Either way it sounds great, but to hype small mods as "now we are competing with the G23... sorry but I don't think so"

Disclaimer, I do really enjoy Tige as a brand, but rumor mill is swirlin'

Sorry, I forgot to add Ive seen and rode it, and its amazing. No pics or specifics to share, just trying to share the stoke...

Do you feel that was a better addition?

boardman74 09-13-2013 9:58 AM

^^^This from one of the leading Forum Master Craft Pimps!!

Mattie, if the boat was a MC you would be saying it was the second coming. But since its Tige or any other brand you bash.....nice!!

You are the definition of exactly what you described above!!

wakebordr11 09-13-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1844787)
I challenge you to find ONE fanboy comment of mine regarding Mastercraft; truth be told I would rather have a Nautique. But hey, since I own a Mastercraft I must be blindly biased, right?

Go ahead, put your money where your mouth is.

So has anyone else seen this thing? My dealer showed me pics, and its awesome. I can't share though....

You wouldn't be so bitter if you had listened to us and bought an MB!

Why you so mad bro?:)

MattieK27 09-13-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1844788)
You wouldn't be so bitter if you had listened to us and bought an MB!

Why you so mad bro?:)

Bitter? Mad? Nah, just poking fun at the "rumor mill" as it exists on wakeworld.

And no, an MB purchase would have left me needing to plug the brand online, at least that's what it seems like on here. I paid for my boat, I don't feel the need to do the marketing for free as well. And no offense, if I listened to the masses on here for direction on buying a 50k+ toy, I'd have to kick my own ass...

cwb4me 09-13-2013 6:24 PM

We will all find out what's up soon. October 2nd is the new release date.

Houstonshark 09-16-2013 2:27 PM

New video with Dean Smith released today:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6LpnNekmto?feature=oembed

xstarrider 09-16-2013 3:30 PM

That wake looks meaty. Niiiiiiiice. Also wonder if Deans new board has gone flex........that looks like a flex core.

ridemarktwain 09-16-2013 3:34 PM

I love the edit. I want to leave work and head to the lake.

timmyb 09-16-2013 3:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice wake! You can disregard any pics of the boat, that was an RZ2 that they used to dial in the shape of the hull.:)

timmyb 09-16-2013 3:38 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z6LpnNekmto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cwb4me 09-16-2013 3:41 PM

That's certainly not a double up. Wake is mackin! One tease at a time until Oct 2nd.

tn_rider 09-16-2013 4:20 PM

It's the Apex series

wakebordr11 09-16-2013 5:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1845165)
That's certainly not a double up. Wake is mackin! One tease at a time until Oct 2nd.

Dean does go huge

tn_rider 09-16-2013 5:21 PM

^+1 he's a bit in the flats.

simplej 09-16-2013 8:58 PM

okay that wake looks meaty....

CarFanatic5 09-17-2013 7:23 AM

so seems tige is doing a wakeboard focused boat or something. looks a bit Z3 ish but taller.

kronoss 09-17-2013 7:59 AM

Nautique has G23, now Tige will have the Z23 :)

BlazeSr 09-17-2013 8:28 AM

That would be super sick!

loudelectronics 09-17-2013 9:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1844726)
Does everyone on Wakeworld

A. Have access to information on boats months before they are released

B. Get paid to hype up there brand of choice

???

I'm just curious, it seems like every new boat thread has a handful of people that have seen/rode/have insider info on said boat well before its release, and even more people will hype the release likes it's the second coming of the fiberglass boat.

I like the enthusiasm, but come on...

No I do not get paid by tige. Yes we ride behind lots of them. Yes I have seen the prototype back in May. No I can't say anything about it other than it is legit, and will take tiges stock upwards. It's not hype cause itwill be backed up by the wake it produces. Lots of us tige owners are just tired of being told what a crappy boat we have all thetime when people have no clue what they are missing out on. Yes our surf wakes are better than anything that the bignthree can output. Yes our interiors are just as nice as the bigthree. Our motors are the same. And yes even our wakeboard wakes are just asgood and in most cases better than boats in the same class of the big three.

Not trying to be a jerk, we are just tired of hearing it. All the oem's make beautiful boats and none of themarecrap. People just seem to be really scared of tige for some reason, and I guess any of thebig three should be. Buyers should not, there is notamore versatile boat than a tige. Plus I am not a sheep and don't buy a bunch and mc just because of there names and heritage. I think that is what killed blackberry.

MattieK27 09-17-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudelectronics (Post 1845265)
No I do not get paid by tige. Yes we ride behind lots of them. Yes I have seen the prototype back in May. No I can't say anything about it other than it is legit, and will take tiges stock upwards. It's not hype cause itwill be backed up by the wake it produces. Lots of us tige owners are just tired of being told what a crappy boat we have all thetime when people have no clue what they are missing out on. Yes our surf wakes are better than anything that the bignthree can output. Yes our interiors are just as nice as the bigthree. Our motors are the same. And yes even our wakeboard wakes are just asgood and in most cases better than boats in the same class of the big three.

Not trying to be a jerk, we are just tired of hearing it. All the oem's make beautiful boats and none of themarecrap. People just seem to be really scared of tige for some reason, and I guess any of thebig three should be. Buyers should not, there is notamore versatile boat than a tige. Plus I am not a sheep and don't buy a bunch and mc just because of there names and heritage. I think that is what killed blackberry.

If the wakes are as good or better, if the interiors are just as nice, etc. than why do you care what ANYONE says? And good to know you saw it in May. I saw it in April, did you see the alpha version? Of course, I can't say anything either, despite the anonymity the internet affords me...

Back on topic, the wake looks great on that boat. Glad to see the turn around in the boating industry has afforded all the manufacturers the ability to innovate and release major new products. With this much new and usable technology from every manufacturer, the big winners are the customers; assuming we can still afford the boats... ;)

tn_rider 09-17-2013 11:26 AM

This boat will be on par with the G23 and x-star as far as the wake goes. Ive seen one and this wake is no joke. A bit more lip than the G. Believe me I've NEVER liked tige but this boat has taken my opinion and done a 180 with it.

kronoss 09-17-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudelectronics (Post 1845265)
No I do not get paid by tige. Yes we ride behind lots of them. Yes I have seen the prototype back in May. No I can't say anything about it other than it is legit, and will take tiges stock upwards. It's not hype cause itwill be backed up by the wake it produces. Lots of us tige owners are just tired of being told what a crappy boat we have all thetime when people have no clue what they are missing out on. Yes our surf wakes are better than anything that the bignthree can output. Yes our interiors are just as nice as the bigthree. Our motors are the same. And yes even our wakeboard wakes are just asgood and in most cases better than boats in the same class of the big three.

Not trying to be a jerk, we are just tired of hearing it. All the oem's make beautiful boats and none of themarecrap. People just seem to be really scared of tige for some reason, and I guess any of thebig three should be. Buyers should not, there is notamore versatile boat than a tige. Plus I am not a sheep and don't buy a bunch and mc just because of there names and heritage. I think that is what killed blackberry.

Well said !

bhyatt_ohp 09-17-2013 12:18 PM

Regardless of how great the new boat may or may not be, Tige signing all these pro's within the last few weeks, after users on here state they have ridden this hull dating back to April and May is pretty lame.

So basically Tige has done their own thing with no design help from the big name riders they've signed on recently? They are just signing these guys one month out from the launch date of this hull to create web teasers and put some big names behind their product to stir the hype? :rolleyes:

Cost associated with sponsoring these big names along with cost of this new hull and the fact it well after the release of the G23 and Xstar new productions = interesting to see where this goes for the wake boat bastard child.

The G23 launch was much more polished and refined. Years of R&D from their existing team of riders went into every feature. The release of the G was elegant, planned out, not rushed and professional. But this release by Tige seems piecemeal, rushed and, for lack of a better word, awkward.

tn_rider 09-17-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhyatt_ohp (Post 1845321)
Regardless of how great the new boat may or may not be, Tige signing all these pro's within the last few weeks, after users on here state they have ridden this hull dating back to April and May is pretty lame.

So basically Tige has done their own thing with no design help from the big name riders they've signed on recently? They are just signing these guys one month out from the launch date of this hull to create web teasers and put some big names behind their product to stir the hype? :rolleyes:

Cost associated with sponsoring these big names along with cost of this new hull and the fact it well after the release of the G23 and Xstar new productions = interesting to see where this goes for the wake boat bastard child.

The G23 launch was much more polished and refined. Years of R&D from their existing team of riders went into every feature. The release of the G was elegant, planned out, not rushed and professional. But this release by Tige seems piecemeal, rushed and, for lack of a better word, awkward.

Make another opinion after the 2nd :)

timmyb 09-17-2013 1:05 PM

You act like they didn't even have sponsored riders prior to the new ones.

DatTexasBoy 09-17-2013 1:06 PM

I just hope they keep it somewhat affordable. I toured the factory back in may and they put together a great product. I asked about a new product but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Lol. Hope it does well, because the diehard wakeboarder a I know that have had Tige's have sold them already.

cwb4me 09-17-2013 5:34 PM

When i toured the factory in 2011. They were working on a Top Secret boat back then.It was in a locked room where they wouldn't let you go.I doubt seriously that this new boat is a short term project. No doubt the G23 is a awesome boat with an amazing wake.If Tige is close to that and remains in the same price range it will be a WINNER out of the box. Be the Witness!!!

goride 09-17-2013 6:15 PM

I own a Tige and if I was a diehard extremely talented wakeboarder i'd most likely ride an x-star, LSV or nautique just because they have a flatter hull and the primary focus of those is the wakeboard wake.

Even though wakeboarding is my primary activity behind the boat I still love wakeskating, wakesurfing, entertaining family and friends, and anchoring off to swim. With that said I believe the Tige is the most versatile boat with one of, if not the best wakesurf wake in the industry. Even though I may not have the wakeboard wake of an x-star i dont ride with anyone that is good enough to need a world class wakeboard wake. We can however enjoy a solid wakesurf wake. Every wakeboarder, wakeskater, family member young to old that comes on my boat enjoys wakesurfing and it's really fun and exciting to have a world class wakesurf wake because everyone can enjoy it.

I test drove Supras, Mastercrafts, Malibus and prior to Tige rode nautiques exlusively. I am 100% convinced I made the right decision in purchasing the Tige for the best all around boat for my family and friends.

I'm really excited to see the new Tige and hopefully in a couple years i'll be able to afford one.

loudelectronics 09-18-2013 6:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1845305)
If the wakes are as good or better, if the interiors are just as nice, etc. than why do you care what ANYONE says? And good to know you saw it in May. I saw it in April, did you see the alpha version? Of course, I can't say anything either, despite the anonymity the internet affords me...

Back on topic, the wake looks great on that boat. Glad to see the turn around in the boating industry has afforded all the manufacturers the ability to innovate and release major new products. With this much new and usable technology from every manufacturer, the big winners are the customers; assuming we can still afford the boats... ;)

I really do not care... People that see my boats are always impressed. What I do care about is that people actually do believe what they read on these forums. Sad and Naive. I really just hate BS from people that do not know the facts or experience from using one. That is what really drive me nuts.

MattieK27 09-18-2013 7:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudelectronics (Post 1845473)
I really do not care... People that see my boats are always impressed. What I do care about is that people actually do believe what they read on these forums. Sad and Naive. I really just hate BS from people that do not know the facts or experience from using one. That is what really drive me nuts.

So what you're saying is you really do care...

tampawake 09-18-2013 7:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhyatt_ohp (Post 1845321)
Regardless of how great the new boat may or may not be, Tige signing all these pro's within the last few weeks, after users on here state they have ridden this hull dating back to April and May is pretty lame.

So basically Tige has done their own thing with no design help from the big name riders they've signed on recently? They are just signing these guys one month out from the launch date of this hull to create web teasers and put some big names behind their product to stir the hype? :rolleyes:

Cost associated with sponsoring these big names along with cost of this new hull and the fact it well after the release of the G23 and Xstar new productions = interesting to see where this goes for the wake boat bastard child.

The G23 launch was much more polished and refined. Years of R&D from their existing team of riders went into every feature. The release of the G was elegant, planned out, not rushed and professional. But this release by Tige seems piecemeal, rushed and, for lack of a better word, awkward.

Ever hear of Adam Errington?

pierce_bronkite 09-18-2013 9:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhyatt_ohp (Post 1845321)
Regardless of how great the new boat may or may not be, Tige signing all these pro's within the last few weeks, after users on here state they have ridden this hull dating back to April and May is pretty lame.

So basically Tige has done their own thing with no design help from the big name riders they've signed on recently? They are just signing these guys one month out from the launch date of this hull to create web teasers and put some big names behind their product to stir the hype? :rolleyes:

Cost associated with sponsoring these big names along with cost of this new hull and the fact it well after the release of the G23 and Xstar new productions = interesting to see where this goes for the wake boat bastard child.

The G23 launch was much more polished and refined. Years of R&D from their existing team of riders went into every feature. The release of the G was elegant, planned out, not rushed and professional. But this release by Tige seems piecemeal, rushed and, for lack of a better word, awkward.

What makes you think its rushed and awkward? Could it be because you just heard it hear on WakeWorld first?

Tigé has been working on this boat for over a year, if not more. Also, Tigé has had a long list of seasoned veterans on their team for quite some time. Ever heard of Daniel Watkins, Erick Ruck and Adam Errington?

wakebordr11 09-18-2013 9:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1845478)
So what you're saying is you really do care...

The troll rolls on... Telling ya, you should've bought an MB, or Moomba, easy money decision compared to your purchase.

bass10after 09-18-2013 9:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1845478)
So what you're saying is you really do care...

:D

I don't understand why everyones a$$es get so chapped when guys don't like the same brand of boat. We buy these boats with our money not build them with our hands. They're kinda like b00bies, they're all good some are just better than others. I'm sure we all have varying opinions of those too, many shapes sizes and colors to choose from, different accessories to add on. Find your favorite, make em yours- put the blinders on, empty out the pocket book and don' t look back. Everyone's arguing bout b00bs, come on man!

shawndoggy 09-18-2013 9:39 AM

What I don't understand is the brand loyalty butthurt thing. If you own a 2004 tige and it sucks today, it's still going to suck on October 3. And if your 2004 tige is awesome today, it's still going to be awesome on October 3, even if this new boat sucks. Your boat is what it is and whatever's coming out of the factory today won't change that one way or the other.

MattieK27 09-18-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1845500)
The troll rolls on... Telling ya, you should've bought an MB, or Moomba, easy money decision compared to your purchase.

Thanks for the input, however I refer to my previous statement:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1844789)
.....if I listened to the masses on here for direction on buying a 50k+ toy, I'd have to kick my own ass...

I do appreciate your apparent concern though.

DatTexasBoy 09-18-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bass10after (Post 1845501)
:D

I don't understand why everyones a$$es get so chapped when guys don't like the same brand of boat. We buy these boats with our money not build them with our hands. They're kinda like b00bies, they're all good some are just better than others. I'm sure we all have varying opinions of those too, many shapes sizes and colors to choose from, different accessories to add on. Find your favorite, make em yours- put the blinders on, empty out the pocket book and don' t look back. Everyone's arguing bout b00bs, come on man!

I totally agree. This is the great thing, there are tons of choices to choose from and therefore something for everyone. Only wish is that it would keep cost down with that many choices, but, no such luck. If you lime the boat then buy the thing. Who cares???

wakebordr11 09-18-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1845517)
Thanks for the input, however I refer to my previous statement:



I do appreciate your apparent concern though.

I am concerned you seem insecure with you purchase. Don't worry I don't think less of you for buying an MC X1, its a nice boat.

MattieK27 09-18-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1845540)
I am concerned you seem insecure with you purchase. Don't worry I don't think less of you for buying an MC X1, its a nice boat.

I am unsure what would point you to me being insecure about my X1, but clearly you have taken an interest in my life. While I appreciate the thought, I am hoping stalking my profile is as far as your infatuation will go.

As far as you thinking less of me? That right there is pure gold...

MattieK27 09-18-2013 1:18 PM

Back on topic, for anyone that has actually seen/rode this thing, are we talking a 23 foot+ boat, or something smaller?

Seeing as it is called the Apex Series, I would imagine more than one size will be available at some point.

Again, great to see all these new boats. Unfortunately costs keep going up too...

timmyb 09-18-2013 1:24 PM

The first real boat hasn't even been built yet, it's being built right now! I know this because I was at the factory on Thursday and they were making the mold for the deck from the cnc cut plug and laying out the gelcoat lines in the mold for the hull. They of course have CAD drawings for it but I wasn't allowed to see those so I had to use my imagination on what it will look like.

Houstonshark 09-18-2013 4:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyb (Post 1845558)
The first real boat hasn't even been built yet, it's being built right now! I know this because I was at the factory on Thursday and they were making the mold for the deck from the cnc cut plug and laying out the gelcoat lines in the mold for the hull. They of course have CAD drawings for it but I wasn't allowed to see those so I had to use my imagination on what it will look like.

Can you confirm that it won't be a center console like the Centurion Timmy?

cwb4me 09-18-2013 4:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houstonshark (Post 1845586)
Can you confirm that it won't be a center console like the Centurion Timmy?

We would certainly hope not! LOL:D

timmyb 09-18-2013 5:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houstonshark (Post 1845586)
Can you confirm that it won't be a center console like the Centurion Timmy?

:D I can definitely confirm that! HAHAHA!

boardman74 09-18-2013 7:51 PM

I think it has dual pod windscreens. Resembles the Bat-mo-boat. Thats what my sisters cousins neighbors step-mothers boss told her. They've been riding behind all the prototypes for like 3 years now. Long before anyone even thought up a G23!!

LOL!!

timmyb 09-24-2013 9:14 AM

Another video...wake looks pretty impressive!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4uFq8cvsXuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DatTexasBoy 09-24-2013 10:28 AM

Where can u see this new vid?

bruizza 09-24-2013 11:15 AM

I was told by some tige folks at the annual WWS Tige reunion the boat is 22' 6".

tn_rider 09-24-2013 11:31 AM

Like I said before this boat will not disappoint. Wake is phenomenal.

timmyb 09-24-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy (Post 1846399)
Where can u see this new vid?

Should be right there for you. If not, here's the Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uFq8cvsXuk

DatTexasBoy 09-24-2013 12:22 PM

Can't see much but pretty cool. Ready to see it.

DatTexasBoy 09-24-2013 12:23 PM

We are going to Trinity river same weekend as Tige Reunion so maybe well see it. Oct 12th

cwb4me 09-24-2013 5:33 PM

October 2nd is getting closer every day. 1 week starting tomorrow!!!!

timmyb 09-27-2013 4:07 PM

Getting closer! Can't wait for the reveal. Here's another video just released!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tDFaT8GH03w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:33 PM.