WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MB F21 Wake Comparison (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799870)

jwweathers 09-08-2013 3:06 PM

MB F21 Wake Comparison
 
I know this can be a touchy subject for some folks, but I am curious about how the F21 wake size and shape compares to that of the SAN 210 or 230, assuming an approximately equal amount of well-placed ballast. No need to dog one brand or the other, I'm just interested in hearing opinions from those who have wakeboarded behind both (not interested in comparing surf waves).

Thanks,

Jeff

slipknot 09-09-2013 8:57 AM

jw,

Your topic has been beat to death here, you will probably need to use the search function of these boards and do your own research that way. Good luck with your purchase.

ryanw209 09-09-2013 3:27 PM

The group of riders I usually ride with have a 2012 MB 21 TWB, a 2013 21 TC and a 2008 210. Both are good wakes but the 210 can be touchy side to side sometimes, as in the wake is noticeably a different shape from port to starboard and also not as much of a kick off the top. That's about my only complaint on the 210's. the MB's however are fantastic IMO. Great transitions with a great kick at the top and personally my favorite wake second to a G23. The 1800lbs of stock quick fill ballast sure beats floating for 10 minutes as pumps fill up sacs. I cannot comment on the 230 since I have no experience behind them.

surffresh 09-09-2013 3:55 PM

go ride behind one, sure someone on here can hook you up with a pull, seeing is believing

jwweathers 09-09-2013 5:02 PM

Thanks for the info Ryan. I own an F21 and love it. I know that the SAN wakes have been the standard for a while, but I have yet to ride behind one (hence, my thread). I was just curious about how the F21 wake measures up. Thanks again.

Jeff

Jmorlan 09-09-2013 5:04 PM

Everyone knows the most expensive boat throws the best wake..

jamesruberti 09-09-2013 5:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorlan (Post 1843930)
Everyone knows the most expensive boat throws the best wake..

The G23 is not the most expensive wakeboard boat

jwweathers 09-09-2013 5:15 PM

I rode behind a 45' sailboat. Wake sucked....

Jmorlan 09-09-2013 5:18 PM

You guys are real literal over here. Don't take the sarcasm well

jwweathers 09-09-2013 5:35 PM

Tried a barge after that, wake was even worse.

So much for your theory.

rmotoxxx711 09-09-2013 5:46 PM

MB B52 is the best wake compared to the 210, 230 and tomcat boats. Oh and it drives like a dream and is well put together. 1800lbs plus 400 in the front and a 600 in the middle is what my buddy offered and it was unreal, and the boat is half the price of "other boats"

Oh and best part is for you wanting an unbiased opinion I have a 210 loaded to the gills

Nordicron 09-10-2013 5:43 AM

MB F21 Wake Comparison
 
Moto: any pics of that wake? Also how fast did you have to go to keep it from rolling over on it self? How did the boat get up with 2800lbs in it? Also what's the Hull difference between a b52 an a tomcat? Are they that much different?

Also just to clarify your SAN experience Is with the old style hull. Correct? Have you loaded and riden a newer 2008+ SAN loaded?

surffresh 09-10-2013 5:50 AM

the running surface on a F21 and a B52 21 are within 5% same ( from Mike Brendel himself ) and I've seen / ridden both and really can't tell a diff

runin90lx 09-10-2013 6:50 AM

i have a 2013 B52 23ft. i have to go about 19 mph to get the wake to clean up for my son(8 yrs old). i need to get some pics of the wake with him riding it

ryanw209 09-10-2013 7:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicron (Post 1843998)
Moto: any pics of that wake? Also how fast did you have to go to keep it from rolling over on it self? How did the boat get up with 2800lbs in it? Also what's the Hull difference between a b52 an a tomcat? Are they that much different?

Also just to clarify your SAN experience Is with the old style hull. Correct? Have you loaded and riden a newer 2008+ SAN loaded?

If you were asking me Ron the 2008 is the newer SAN I believe(besides the 2014 they just came out with)

The B52 and Tomcat are the exact same from the driver back... Only difference is the nose so they have the same wake.

Nordicron 09-10-2013 7:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanw209 (Post 1844007)
If you were asking me Ron the 2008 is the newer SAN I believe(besides the 2014 they just came out with)

The B52 and Tomcat are the exact same from the driver back... Only difference is the nose so they have the same wake.

No my question was for moto. He said it was the best between the sans and a tomcat. So I was wondering what the diff was. He also said he had alot of experience with his own loaded SAN but his SAN is a older hulled model like 2002?

Anyway I'm also intrigued with the new F22 but the next boat I buy needs to have a friendly sub 19mph wake for my kids and a super huge sub 23mph wake for me! And I could care less about surfing!

wksk8r 10-04-2013 8:03 AM

Any verdict? I will be in the market soon as well. I have been behind both the pre '14 SAN, '10 TC F21, and '12 TWB. I currently have an older 210 and I will miss the wake, but I need more interior room with a growing family and a riding teen. My self, leaning toward a F21 although I have not been behind a 230 SAN ever. I think Nautique has gotten out of reach for my unless I find a clean used one.

Nordicron 10-04-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wksk8r (Post 1847879)
Any verdict? I will be in the market soon as well. I have been behind both the pre '14 SAN, '10 TC F21, and '12 TWB. I currently have an older 210 and I will miss the wake, but I need more interior room with a growing family and a riding teen. My self, leaning toward a F21 although I have not been behind a 230 SAN ever. I think Nautique has gotten out of reach for my unless I find a clean used one.

well whats your opinion on the wakes of the TC and TWB? How were they loaded? Thanks the new TC 22 has my interest but I do really want a walkthru though! That and I'm not pleased they parted ways with PCM for indmar.

downfortheride 10-05-2013 8:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I ride both boats a LOT and really like the wake on both boats. Grew up one of the biggest 210 fans since the wake is bar non one of the best. I was in the market for a 210 when I met a guy with a Tomcat. Riding the Tomcat and 210 for a couple of months I was sold for the money, space, look, and wake the Tomcat is worth it. Here's a pic of my Tomcat with stock ballast, 450 in the nose, and I think 5 or 6 adults...
Attachment 32239

But lets not forget the look of the 210...
Attachment 32240

wakebordr11 10-05-2013 8:17 AM

How is the width? I remember the 210 wake as being a bit narrow depending on ballast and speed. Is the MB a bit wider so you don't have to worry so much about approach speed - meaning I like to go wake to wake so on a narrow wake it takes a lot of concentration to go straight up and straight down, whereas a boat with a bigger ramp to land on and a wider wake you can edge a little differently at...

downfortheride 10-05-2013 9:03 AM

Delta ~ The Tomcat will be a bit wider but I ride the same speed and rope behind both boats without a problem. Can't go wrong with both boats but I really like the 1800 lbs in the floor of my Tomcat and plenty of storage for a lot of crap we don't need, LOL. You want straight wake go with the 210! Tomcat will give you a lot more space in the boat with a fantastic wake. Like I said I was shopping for a 210 and ordered a Tomcat...

downfortheride 10-05-2013 9:10 AM

F22
http://www.mbboatowners.com/index.ph...14-f22-tomcat/

buffalow 10-07-2013 6:37 AM

Here is my 2013 23' TWB yesterday - 3 people in boat.

buffalow 10-07-2013 6:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
2013 23' TWB Yesterday - 3 People in boat - 80' @ 25 mph

loudelectronics 10-07-2013 6:54 AM

DFTR. That is a nice wake.

We have a 24' Tomcat at the lake that we run into all the time. The wakeboard wake is really nice on it. Not sure about the smaller versions, but the 24' is legit. I have been impressed with it so far.

ryanw209 10-07-2013 7:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My buddy just got a new 21 TC and we were testing out the wake this week. This day we had a little too much weight in the back so the kick was pretty rough but we were getting boosted. The next day we took a little weight out overall and moved some from the back to the front. 75' line

wakebordr11 10-07-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanw209 (Post 1848171)
My buddy just got a new 21 TC and we were testing out the wake this week. This day we had a little too much weight in the back so the kick was pretty rough but we were getting boosted. The next day we took a little weight out overall and moved some from the back to the front. 75' line

That looks like a wake that I want to be friends with

downfortheride 10-07-2013 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

DFTR. That is a nice wake.
Thanks! My wake sure has a good kick to it and throws ya for sure.

Ryan ~ That's what I'm talking about! Now that's a F21 Wake...

Here's a pic that will show you the overall shape of mine and close to the 210. I would say the 210 is a LOT more solid with a abrupt kick and mine a little more mellow but be ready to fly...

Attachment 32259

501s 10-07-2013 12:02 PM

25, that's pretty fast! Wake looks good.

HighWater 10-08-2013 6:33 AM

80' and 25mph? Im guessing your bag of tricks is worthy of a ProTour stop next year? Or your measuring stick and GPS is way off!

buffalow 10-08-2013 9:07 AM

Keep in mind I weigh over 300LBS. The extra speed is needed to keep me higher on the water. If I go to slow it creates too much drag for me. I have checked the GPS on the boat with several iphone GPS speed trackers and they have been dead nuts. Most of the other guys ride 75'-80' and 24 mph.

bcrider 10-08-2013 9:13 AM

I can see Corey needing to ride at 25mph. I weigh about 225lbs and usually ride around 23-24 mph. As Corey said, Any slower I slow right down as soon as I cut in to the wake. I can also slow my boat down by a couple mph just cutting out. as well. I'm sure its the same for him. Not everyone that rides weighs a buck fifty soaking wet and riding at 21mph.

501s 10-08-2013 12:23 PM

You weigh over 300 lbs and are spinning 3's riding at 80feet and 25MPH? Serious props man. That's awesome.

Greeko 10-08-2013 1:27 PM

Holy Crap Jason...You weight 300 and still get airborne...heck...thats rad man!! Gotta love those mb's

will5150 10-09-2013 10:04 AM

Man I wish we had a dealer in Minnesota. That wake looks so good!

alans 10-09-2013 12:07 PM

Jason was sponsored by my local boardshop (Glass & Powder) back in the late 90's and early 2000's. I think I remember doing quite a few warranty claims for snapped boards. Go big or go home. ;)

Reez 10-09-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffalow (Post 1848383)
Keep in mind I weigh over 300LBS. The extra speed is needed to keep me higher on the water. If I go to slow it creates too much drag for me. I have checked the GPS on the boat with several iphone GPS speed trackers and they have been dead nuts. Most of the other guys ride 75'-80' and 24 mph.

Jason I got a buddy who is like 6'5 and 260 who is starting to jump and what not. We usually pull him around 22 with a shorter line. Would it help his progress is we sped up? Now that I think of it speed into the wake is his major problem IMO

pierce_bronkite 10-09-2013 12:30 PM

All of these wake pictures are insanely good looking.

brycejb328 10-10-2013 6:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will5150 (Post 1848576)
Man I wish we had a dealer in Minnesota. That wake looks so good!

Not enough lakes in MN. I really wanted an MB at one point too. I really liked the wake

will5150 10-10-2013 8:09 AM

Bryce, maybe you and I should open a dealership. I wonder frankly, if the issue is capacity- can MB make enough boats to distribute beyond their current reach. Also, how do these boats do in big water??

buffalow 10-10-2013 8:24 AM

Hey guys, yhea I am an old skooler - back to '93. Used to have over 10 inverts and a collection of spins back in the day, but injuries/family/etc.. have depleting by bag of tricks. I am still very passionate about riding and still coaching the next generation of rippers. I have certainly broke hundreds of boards over that time, so being big is not so good on equipment.

Bob - Have your buddy start on a big board - I suggest 145 HL Marek or 146 LF Trip. The shorter line is fine, but the speed is critical. Keep in mind there are no boards designed for guys our size. Think of many of the pros that are 5'7-150 lbs that are on 142's - How can a 145 fit our body type. We would need like a 157-165. So he will need a bit more speed to make the water "harder" to not slow him down by sinking too much. I have rode damn near ever "big" board over the last 20 years and can tell you there are literally 2-3 boards that will work for guys are size. If he is on something smaller, the sinking feeling will be much worse. So maybe try him at 75' at 23mph. If you are out on the west coast hit me up, I'll take you guys out.

Reez 10-10-2013 12:33 PM

He's been riding a cwb vibe 147 which is a monster . I appreciate the info!

buffalow 10-10-2013 3:06 PM

I am not at all knocking the vibe, but I found it to be too slow for my weight. It had a huge delay when I started my turn towards the wake. I believe it is maybe over-rockered for the heavier guys. I have a good buddy that is like 240 and rides CWB and he kills it. I just never had luck on them.

geistwatersportscom 10-30-2013 1:47 PM

I have been lucky to be able to ride a ton of boats and weighted perfect for wakeboarding. If it were me and "Wakeboarding only" I would lean towards the MB over the 210. (If you surfed and wakeboarded I would go Nautique, but not applicable for your request) The MB is rated for 16 people and the back lockers are shorter so it has the same feel as a 23 foot boat. The 210 can get cramped fast with more than 5 guys. When I rode DFTR's wake I was 11 months out of ACL Surgery and I really liked the landing zones and the wake stayed cleaned. (rode 70 to 75ft 23.5mph) Rode the stock ballast with that 450lbs sac in the front and 2 to 4 people and it was money at 70-75ft. The 230 is the best overall boat in my opionion. I have an awesome Nautique Dealer nearby me, no MB action in Indianapolis. I just won't own a boat brand where the dealership isn't nearby. If you are still undecided DFTR spends almost all his time on those 2 boats.
Hope this helps

-Rob

CHern5972 10-31-2013 4:35 AM

Id opt for the MB... Surf and Wake... Best of both worlds.

wakedaveup 10-31-2013 1:40 PM

If you are going to compare the MB to the Nautique 210 you can't compare a pre 2007 210 to a newer style MB. The 210 is completely different, lippy wake, narrow, and not so user friendly landings. In 2007 when they widened the hull on the 210 they were able to get more ramp out of the wake and in my opinion would be a better comparison to a newer MB. I had an 06 MB B52 (different hull than current I believe) and now have a 99 SAN 210. They are COMPLETELY different boats and wakes. I loved the MB, great price point boat and a lot of boat for the money. Never had a mechanical issue with the engine, not a single one (although Nautique uses PCM as well). My biggest complaint with the MB was how difficult it was to keep a clean consistent wake. The 2007 to current Nautique 210 seems to clean up a little easier in my experiences and I prefer the transitions a bit more over the MB. Of course I am comparing this to my 06 B52 so keep that in mind.

ak4life 11-05-2013 3:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeko (Post 1848425)
Holy Crap Jason...You weight 300 and still get airborne...heck...thats rad man!! Gotta love those mb's

Late to the thread, but JB has a section in the original Delta Sessions. Been defying laws of physics since before it was cool! :-)

jeff_mn 11-08-2013 7:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will5150 (Post 1848706)
Bryce, maybe you and I should open a dealership. I wonder frankly, if the issue is capacity- can MB make enough boats to distribute beyond their current reach. Also, how do these boats do in big water??

I would gladly be your guys first customer.

slipknot 11-08-2013 7:52 AM

if you need more room go with the MB. It is hard to compare these two boats. 2006 and older wake is insane on a 210, but not really a surf boat IMHO. But a 2011 210 might go for around 60K, you can get in the B52 for less than 40K. Big difference. New F21s are mid 50s and new 210s are low to mid 80s. I love 2006 and prior 210s. But my wake and surf wave are incredible, and I have a ton of room in my boat. Would you like a deal on a B52? If I were rich I would have a new 210 or 230. I opted for the best bang for the buck boat. MB Sports.:D

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...t-MB-102122465

ask for Ian

tampawake 11-08-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipknot (Post 1852301)
if you need more room go with the MB. It is hard to compare these two boats. 2006 and older wake is insane on a 210, but not really a surf boat IMHO. But a 2011 210 might go for around 60K, you can get in the B52 for less than 40K. Big difference. New F21s are mid 50s and new 210s are low to mid 80s. I love 2006 and prior 210s. But my wake and surf wave are incredible, and I have a ton of room in my boat. Would you like a deal on a B52? If I were rich I would have a new 210 or 230. I opted for the best bang for the buck boat. MB Sports.:D

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...t-MB-102122465

ask for Ian

Wow holy crap thats a good deal. Wish I loved the colors and swooshes.

shawndoggy 11-08-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampawake (Post 1852320)
Wow holy crap thats a good deal. Wish I loved the colors and swooshes.

even if you price in a wrap it's a pretty good deal.

surffresh 11-08-2013 12:17 PM

I sold Rathy's old 2011 F21 Tomcat (130hrs) clean with basically the same scheme this past summer for 44 and had 2 in line if it fell through, it did have the 6.0 409 and it was early summer, so it's close and I would not expect this one to last long


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 AM.