WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What trick is this? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799866)

brichter14 09-07-2013 6:56 PM

What trick is this?
My buddy started trying these a few weeks ago and finally landed it today. It's like a hs backflip to revert. Any ideas?


wakeboardern1 09-07-2013 7:04 PM

hs roll to revert. He let go with his lead hand before he even left the wake... I have no idea how he landed that. hahaha.

deltawake 09-07-2013 7:07 PM

Ditto HS roll to revert.

brichter14 09-07-2013 7:12 PM

Wouldn't a hs roll to revert include a backroll? He didn't backroll it was an actual backflip

ryan_shima1 09-07-2013 8:24 PM

It's a HS roll to revert, just a different axis on the rotation.

brichter14 09-07-2013 8:37 PM

I'm pretty sure dowdy does the same trick at 1:44 only grabs and does a double. Half cab roll?

I have a problem calling it a roll to revert because that would be a heel side backroll (which is a front flip) with a frontside 180. He is clearly doing a backflip by letting go with his front hand just like dowdy does on his double at 1:44


tripsw 09-07-2013 8:41 PM

He doesn't edge the 2nd half of his way in towards the wake so that throws the rotation a bit different. R2R though.

VinnyA 09-07-2013 10:12 PM

It's a backroll to revert, the 180 was just early so it looks like a 180 to switch tantrum. A lot of pros do this early 180 style on their backmobes (ex. Erik Ruck, Rusty Malinoski)

Just because he does a backflip doesn't mean it's not a backroll. often times people let go of their back hand doing backrolls and do a front flip motion against their direction of travel and it's still a backroll. If you want to see a pro do this exact trick then watch 2:29 of Steel Lafferty's new video. It's actually the banger for the video. http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/steel/

VinnyA 09-07-2013 11:45 PM

PS "half cab roll" is slang for a switch backroll to revert. Dowdy hits the wake switch when he does that double backroll and then lands normal foot forward.
Anything where you take off switch and land regular can be called "cab" and it technically doesn't exist in wakeboarding because you can't do a fakie ollie on a wakeboard but it comes from skateboarding and people still use it in terminology when talking about tricks.

wakeboardern1 09-08-2013 6:00 AM

He's doing what is essentially the rotation for a switch toeside backroll by letting his lead hand go and doing the 180 off the wake. but he leaves heelside, does a backroll and lands switch. Roll to revert.

brichter14 09-08-2013 6:39 AM

Ight. Thanks guys

jperkinsttu 09-09-2013 7:58 AM

Looks like he started early on his 180 like people do on kickers at the cable. Happens all the time but seems tricky to do off a wake.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 PM.