WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   New Pavati Boat Sneak Peak (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799447)

TheWakeGi 08-07-2013 2:41 PM

New Pavati Boat Sneak Peak
 
Do you remember Pavati, the company that stirred up a lot of buzz a couple of years ago with their all-aluminum wake boat? Well, they just released a sneak peak on their Facebook page of their 2014 production model.

The boat's going to be debuting at Surf Expo 2013 in Orlando next month!

wakerider111 08-07-2013 8:27 PM

gota love surf expo time... except that it signals the end of the season is nigh... depending on your location

TheWakeGi 08-14-2013 4:12 PM

Here's a couple more sneak peaks of the 2014 model, it's called the AX-24.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...26852149_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...55799301_o.jpg

It's on their fb page with a few others too: https://www.facebook.com/PavatiWakeboardingBoats

timmyb 08-14-2013 4:30 PM

The construction of that boat is top notch.

jbach 08-15-2013 9:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oh that's cool, i always liked obscure table utensils. they never really get a fair shot

wakecumberland 08-15-2013 9:23 AM

That center fork needs to go, but based on the conversation I had with one of their people about a year ago they can make just about any change above the waterline that you want. Cool to see some outside of the box ideas in the industry.

JetRanger 08-15-2013 10:55 AM

I think the new X Star has some competition for "worst picklefork" now.

BenHolloway 09-05-2013 3:32 PM

where are the finished shots, Expo is today right?

boardman74 09-05-2013 5:52 PM

That bow looks like it could kill someone. That is a sharp bow!

wakerider111 09-05-2013 10:16 PM

someone mentioned the surfexpo site and the booklet that gives some teasers on the 2014 gear thread. for pavati it mentions the 2014 boats being equipped with a new and patented ballast system. hmm
http://www.surfexpo.com/digitalMag/S13m3d/

pierce_bronkite 09-06-2013 9:02 AM

Where are they building those boat out of? Looks like a car dealerships service shop.

goride 09-06-2013 11:07 AM

I like the idea behind the pavati boats. Hopefully I can make it out to the polar bear ride with wake 9 and see one of these

NATE1979 09-06-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce_bronkite (Post 1843450)
Where are they building those boat out of? Looks like a car dealerships service shop.

They have it outside of a paint booth in the pictures.

This will be a huge drawback for these boats. Once you scratch the automotive paint, you either use touchup, or get it repainted.

I like gelcoat. A scratch takes a few minutes to repair with a repair kit.

A little sand/buff and you are good as new.

srock 09-23-2013 11:52 AM

I would love to see them make a traditional bow and smoothing out the lines. I look forward to watching the progression and refinement of their tow boat offerings.

andy_nintzel 09-24-2013 7:10 AM

I would like to ride behind on. I dont really care what a boat looks like at all, what it's lines are, how its bow looks, if its painted or gel coat. The only thing that matters to me is what the wake is like and how it pulls. To be honest I dont even really like hanging out in my X-Star for a day on the lake. I would rather take out a pontoon for chilling, my boat is a working boat, not a party boat, it's only purpose is to drag wakeboarders around.

phathom 09-24-2013 9:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 1839152)
I think the new X Star has some competition for "worst picklefork" now.

It's not a picklefork. Those have 2 prongs. A regular fork has 4 prongs. This is more along the lines of a trident, which btw: would be an awesome name for the boat vs a letter/number combo name.

TheWakeGi 12-19-2013 1:40 PM

Pavati just released their catalog with pics of their 2014 production boat. Check it out... http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/pav...ls-2014-al-24/

wakerider111 12-19-2013 4:17 PM

going green with trash AND recycling bins under the floor... not bad.
surf system looks identical to nautique... seeing as there is/was a lawsuit between nautique and malibu i wonder where this one fits in?

boat colors are kind fitting for Christmas. interesting switch of skulls for the gears on the design. rear seating for putting on the board looks better.

still curious on how deep the bow is. the previous one was pretty shallow seating.

all and all intriguing

ryanw209 12-19-2013 5:04 PM

Garbage can AND a recycle bin! Game changer!! Haha j/k

The boat looks good. Wish I could see one in person and water test it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabledog 12-19-2013 8:27 PM

Good looking boat and features. "Boasting a Wet Sounds Revolution Sound system" in the brochure with Exile's on the towers in the pictures.... That's a Good one.

slipknot 12-20-2013 8:50 AM

Im gonna go out on a limb here, who has driven one and rode behind one, better yet who has bought one? My guess is zero sales but I could be wrong, please correct me.

BenHolloway 12-20-2013 9:01 AM

rode behind the prototype, sick boat with endless configurations. Chuck was taking notes on what everyone liked and didn't like and it looks like the changes made it into this model....

TheWakeGi 12-20-2013 11:00 AM

They've been in R&D for 5 years, the 2014 model is their first production boat so yeah they haven't sold any retail yet. The company that started Pavati has been funding the R&D all this time, so they've been able to get lots of feedback and refine it before they ever went to the market. The unveiling of their production model is supposed to be at the Salt Lake City show in Feb.

wakecumberland 12-20-2013 11:13 AM

I called them a couple years ago and the guy I talked to implied that they had a few already sold and in process of construction.

The boat is growing on me though, I like the texture of the tread plate on the bow. Kinda funky but I dig it!

thedude 12-22-2013 6:58 PM

Looking at the above link, the engine options are awesome. LS3, LS7 and the LSA with a diesel option coming soon. 4,000 lbs of ballast, NSS-like system and a diesel option all at a "relatively" reasonable price? Definitely subscribed.

bstroop 12-22-2013 7:43 PM

Who's gonna be the first to start the next thread complaining about length and wake enhancing device bans?

machloosy 12-23-2013 1:28 PM

Diesel???? If they can figure out the exhaust so the riders aren't dealing with fumes, they're going to have a wicked product. I already like it as is. I think with a diesel it'll face a lot of naysayers, but will push them into the spotlight in a positive way

bill 12-31-2013 6:37 AM

IM like andy If it throws a huge clean wake without filling any extra bags than its worth looking at, bonus for the tech and green upgrades.. however whats the projected retail tag on this B? that's is even more important :)

jhartt3 12-31-2013 7:32 AM

someone over at the crew said around 150k for a well equiped 24' boat and trailer. I talked with them a year a go and since my boat has a 21 length limit it was around 65k out the door for a 21' with a trailer

andy_nintzel 01-02-2014 8:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhartt3 (Post 1857389)
someone over at the crew said around 150k for a well equiped 24' boat and trailer. I talked with them a year a go and since my boat has a 21 length limit it was around 65k out the door for a 21' with a trailer

YIKES! I was hoping that this thing was finally the Honda Accord/Toyota Camery of wakeboats. Don't get me wrong I love my X-Star but the simple fact that you have to pay $90k for a wakeboat with a wake good enough to take your riding to the "next level" is only further alienating people from our sport. I would LOVE a company to come out with a wakeboat that is like 35-55K. Tosses a truly good wake to shred behind that is pro quality and size and has everything I need to shred. I think even cheaper would be better. Something stripped down, no digital dash, no fluffy lights, no power raise and lower tower, no zero off perfect pass (I don't believe in perfect pass I have perfect wrist!) Hell, I dont even want vinyl seats or carpet, Vinyl gets sun baked and cracks after 5 years and 1000hrs, carpet just gets stained and dirty eventually. I want just meat and potatoes. Good wake, internal ballast, and some cup holders. Again I love my X-Star and feel truly lucky to ride behind it, but at the end of the day it only has one job, pulling wakeboarders, they can keep all the fluff.

WOW sorry for going off on a tangent!

jhartt3 01-02-2014 8:59 AM

so you just want aluminum seats and floors? or fiberglass?

boardjnky4 01-02-2014 9:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_nintzel (Post 1857610)
YIKES! I was hoping that this thing was finally the Honda Accord/Toyota Camery of wakeboats. Don't get me wrong I love my X-Star but the simple fact that you have to pay $90k for a wakeboat with a wake good enough to take your riding to the "next level" is only further alienating people from our sport. I would LOVE a company to come out with a wakeboat that is like 35-55K. Tosses a truly good wake to shred behind that is pro quality and size and has everything I need to shred. I think even cheaper would be better. Something stripped down, no digital dash, no fluffy lights, no power raise and lower tower, no zero off perfect pass (I don't believe in perfect pass I have perfect wrist!) Hell, I dont even want vinyl seats or carpet, Vinyl gets sun baked and cracks after 5 years and 1000hrs, carpet just gets stained and dirty eventually. I want just meat and potatoes. Good wake, internal ballast, and some cup holders. Again I love my X-Star and feel truly lucky to ride behind it, but at the end of the day it only has one job, pulling wakeboarders, they can keep all the fluff.

WOW sorry for going off on a tangent!

Axis man! You can get A20,T22 and A22 less than 55k depending on options and time of year.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:20 AM.