WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   First cuffed Toe Back 9 wake to wake? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799443)

Kane 08-07-2013 12:09 PM

First cuffed Toe Back 9 wake to wake?
 
Amazing! :eek:

https://vimeo.com/71531680

wakedaveup 08-07-2013 12:19 PM

That was crazy!

behindtheboat 08-07-2013 12:32 PM

Very cool

captain_vilfo 08-07-2013 4:45 PM

soooo sick!!! I love wrapped/cuffed tricks

winchinretention 08-08-2013 11:11 AM

Thiiisss is why wakeworld is lame.

ToPHeR35 08-08-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winchinretention (Post 1837978)
Thiiisss is why wakeworld is lame.

What's wrong with it? I think it's pretty cool to see the guys across the pond put out some videos!

Greeko 08-08-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToPHeR35 (Post 1837986)
What's wrong with it? I think it's pretty cool to see the guys across the pond put out some videos!

Yeah man... Sharing each others stokedness for a sport that's not only challenging but fun! Why would you get off on saying that... Positive reinforcement...Not doucherie...

andy_nintzel 08-08-2013 12:38 PM

So sick! DAMN! I am blown away, never thought of trying a "cuffed" TS Spin before, got something to try tonight!

What up with SLOPPY! !?!?!?! lame comment.

johnny_defacto 08-08-2013 1:06 PM

that was impressive.... I cant even imagine charging topside cuffed... the spin was perfectly on axis too, sick.

captain_vilfo 08-08-2013 1:22 PM

Cuffed is so hot right now.. Cuffed.

bhyatt_ohp 08-09-2013 7:02 AM

There's a reason the slurpee isn't a staple in the wake scene. Cool trick and that he did this first, but you won't see it stick around.

wakebordr11 08-09-2013 7:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhyatt_ohp (Post 1838100)
There's a reason the slurpee isn't a staple in the wake scene. Cool trick and that he did this first, but you won't see it stick around.

Maybe its because people can't do them. Why didn't the orbital 5 come back around? Can you imagine a HUGE orbital 5 on todays wakes with a poked grab, or an orbital 9? Toeside orbital?

I agree you won't see this trick much, but its innovative and the risk associated with spinning hard totally blind take off... seems like it could go very wrong very fast...

skiboarder 08-09-2013 8:24 AM

I grew up with Troy Navarro. We experimented with this approach a bunch in the 90s. Its actually a lot easier than you think once you get used to it. You get the advantage of squaring up on your approach like you do on heel side and you you are not blind at all--you turn your head and look directly at the wake. I don't really know why I stopped doing it, but I will bust out a slurpee and TS BS once in a blue moon.

andy_nintzel 08-09-2013 2:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1838115)
Maybe its because people can't do them. Why didn't the orbital 5 come back around? Can you imagine a HUGE orbital 5 on todays wakes with a poked grab, or an orbital 9? Toeside orbital?

Good point on the Orbital. still one of my fav trick of all time. I would love to see it come back The Scud (Darin Shapiro for those kids who just got into this sport) was the only one doing them. I would love to see them make a come back, that and his HS fronts to Blind's were incredible.

I never understand the negative views on any type of progression it just dumb to hate on it.

wakebordr11 08-09-2013 2:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_nintzel (Post 1838213)
Good point on the Orbital. still one of my fav trick of all time. I would love to see it come back The Scud (Darin Shapiro for those kids who just got into this sport) was the only one doing them. I would love to see them make a come back, that and his HS fronts to Blind's were incredible.

I never understand the negative views on any type of progression it just dumb to hate on it.

I would like to try a cuffed approach and see what happens. Probably crash but I bet its fun. Imagine a cuffed double mobe...

VinnyA 08-09-2013 7:36 PM

I mean it's literally on my list to land one before I die....and it's a small list. I think this trick is sick.
http://www.wakeboard.com.sg/videos/h...anlavelle.html

*if i did land it i'd try to grab it nose on the way up, then try to grab it tail on the way down (after the "handlepass")
**there's no way I could do this but if someone could grab it nose on the way up and tail on the way down I think that'd be unreal.

hawkeye7708 08-10-2013 8:04 AM

Wow..... that's something else! Didn't see that coming!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:03 AM.