WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Supra Launch SSV 02 Decent boat? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799040)

Meyeronfire 07-10-2013 10:37 PM

Supra Launch SSV 02 Decent boat?
 
Checking out and reading some decent things about the Supra Launch SSV. Anyone have any input on them? I found this one http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/3917418343.html and wanting to know what opinions you have. Wanting to wakesurf and wakeboard. Looking for a nice wake and reliable boat for sure. Thanks in advance-Matt

turbojedi 07-10-2013 10:56 PM

I had one and it was a great boat, I had 768 hours when I traded it in and was still as solid as the day I bought it,,,

Meyeronfire 07-10-2013 11:07 PM

So do you think 26k would be a reasonable deal for this 02 model i found on craigslists with 300 hours.

markj 07-10-2013 11:37 PM

That seems like decent price.

Meyeronfire 07-10-2013 11:42 PM

Hey thanks Brian and Mark. Going to be running this boat in brackish and possibly salt water. Any advice?

CHern5972 07-11-2013 7:20 AM

I had a 2004 22 SSV gravity games edition. It was nice and a solid wake. I loved that boat

99Bison 07-11-2013 7:45 AM

I picked one up end of last season (an 01) and it's been great.

Meyeronfire 07-11-2013 10:56 AM

Good deal thats what I wanted to hear. Right now its looking like its between this very clean and low hour 02 Supra Launch SSV and 07 Sanger V215 that looks a little rough in the detailed pics and also the motor has been rebuilt guy says that 2 cyclinders dropped last season for unknown cause. Doesnt really put my mind at ease

jonblarc7 07-11-2013 11:04 AM

Stay far away from that Sanger. You don't want a boat that you never know what's wrong with it. If they don't care enough to keep it looking good, think about all the matiness that they never did. That supra is a good trouble free boat if there is such a thing in a boat.

Meyeronfire 07-11-2013 4:03 PM

Blair, Thank you for the positive feedback. Its looking like im going to go with the 02 Supra. Checking it out on tuesday and looking it over hard. If it rides solid and everything is functional I'm taking it.

CHern5972 07-11-2013 6:45 PM

Can tell you exactly how to sac that baby out. We miss ours.

Meyeronfire 07-11-2013 8:04 PM

Chris, going to take you up on that will be doing some wakesurfing behind this rig!

theloungelife 07-11-2013 8:30 PM

My very nice friend lets me ride behind his 2005 SSV weekly. The wake is amazing. I am not sure on exactly how much weight he runs, but I know it is gravity games edition. Once I save up some cash, this is the boat I will be looking for. If you want to save a little extra and do your own ballast setup, the 22' Sunsport V is the same hull for less cash.

madcityskier 07-11-2013 9:11 PM

That Supra is a very nice boat. For salt/brakish water be sure to have a flush kit so you can hook it to a hose and rinse after each use. It'll greatly extend the life of your engine.

Meyeronfire 07-11-2013 9:30 PM

I was told the Indmar engine has a closed loop cooling system, which mean no saltwater is actually going through the engine for cooling?

jonblarc7 07-12-2013 7:12 AM

The Indmar on my supra 24v isn't closed loop.

99Bison 07-12-2013 7:27 AM

FYI in regards to the price, that one looks to be in pretty good condition with low hours. They can be found cheaper for sure, but probably not as good condition - so generally a fair price I'd say if the condition is indeed as good as it appears.

Not to change up your search, but alternatively you can typically find slightly newer (~06) moomba's (LSV's) around 28-30k in Texas fairly often.

In regards to the closed loop, mine's not either, but it certainly could have been an option.

wakebordr11 07-12-2013 8:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyeronfire (Post 1833155)
I was told the Indmar engine has a closed loop cooling system, which mean no saltwater is actually going through the engine for cooling?

Correct me if I'm wrong... No salt through the engine but water does get used for cooling the manifolds etc...

CHern5972 07-12-2013 8:49 AM

The closed loop system is an option and it is available on any motor. I have run all my boats in brackish water and have never had any issues with any of them. I am anal about how clean i keep the boat and how i am on the interior. Only thing is, keep it rinsed and washed very good. You will love the boat.




Matt,
I noticed you are in G-Town. Im in Pearland and ride all over. Hit me up if you ever wanna roll out with us.

Meyeronfire 07-12-2013 2:16 PM

Thanks again guys so helpful on here. And Chris, heck yeah man hopefully this Supra will work out great. Any place to ride fresh water around here?

CHern5972 07-12-2013 2:52 PM

Man send me a pm with your number. We ride all over bro. 3 different places.

02ssv 07-15-2013 3:31 PM

Matt, I own this same boat in Black rather than Grey. Let me know if you have any questions about weight set up for wake vs. surf that I can help out with. You will love the boat, solid as a rock.

hawk22 07-15-2013 10:11 PM

Awesome boat. I have an 03 and love it! Sac it out right (easy to do) and you won't find a better wake...okay, that's a biased statement, but it is really nice. Only downside from my point of view is storage. If you want to sac it out right, you lose most of your storage. But we usually go out with 8 people and we seem to make it work just fine.

Sp8race1010 07-16-2013 1:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk22 (Post 1833789)
Awesome boat. I have an 03 and love it! Sac it out right (easy to do) and you won't find a better wake...okay, that's a biased statement, but it is really nice. Only downside from my point of view is storage. If you want to sac it out right, you lose most of your storage. But we usually go out with 8 people and we seem to make it work just fine.

man I have an red and white 02 SSV and love it! still has factory ballast bags as far as I know but I am getting ready to upgrade for huge wake and mega surf riding. any pointers on weight placement and sac sizes?
also upgrading stereo and wrapping over winter. Any of you guys ever wrap or upgraded sound?

99Bison 07-16-2013 9:48 PM

Yea, I'm about ready to sack mine out further, have been looking up old magic setups for it. Along with experimenting. However, updated advice for wake setups between ranging from 17-22 mph would be nice, as well as surf goofy and regular. :)

Meyeronfire 07-16-2013 10:39 PM

You guys are bad a$$! Ok so Friday I will be picking up my boat, I didnt go with the grey and white wasnt to impressed with it when I showed up to check it out, guy kind of let it go, but this is the one I went with think I did pretty good and picked up for 27K tell me what you guys think! http://www.rinkersboatworld.com/pre_...R0&veh=3315650

hawk22 07-17-2013 9:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp8race1010 (Post 1833922)
man I have an red and white 02 SSV and love it! still has factory ballast bags as far as I know but I am getting ready to upgrade for huge wake and mega surf riding. any pointers on weight placement and sac sizes?
also upgrading stereo and wrapping over winter. Any of you guys ever wrap or upgraded sound?

Hey Andy, I just upgraded everything from the stock ballast to the gravity games. Stock I believe was 400 up front and 250s in the rear lockers I think. The GG is 1100 in the front center and 565s in each rear locker. All full, wakeplate in the middle, about 22mph....good to go. Sometimes if just my buddy and I we will throw another 680 right in the middle of the floor.

For surf, we ride center sac about 3/4 full. surf side full (565) and then we throw the addl 680 on surf side but toward the front. So if its goofy side we snug it as close to the captains chair. If Regular, we put it on the seat almost all the way forard to the main storage compartment. wakeplate all the way up. and anywhere between 10.3 and 11.5 depending on which side (I think goofy side rides better at faster speed for some reason). and also into the wind or against the wind will adjust speed too.

Great wakes for both...

Sp8race1010 07-17-2013 9:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk22 (Post 1834272)
Hey Andy, I just upgraded everything from the stock ballast to the gravity games. Stock I believe was 400 up front and 250s in the rear lockers I think. The GG is 1100 in the front center and 565s in each rear locker. All full, wakeplate in the middle, about 22mph....good to go. Sometimes if just my buddy and I we will throw another 680 right in the middle of the floor.

For surf, we ride center sac about 3/4 full. surf side full (565) and then we throw the addl 680 on surf side but toward the front. So if its goofy side we snug it as close to the captains chair. If Regular, we put it on the seat almost all the way forard to the main storage compartment. wakeplate all the way up. and anywhere between 10.3 and 11.5 depending on which side (I think goofy side rides better at faster speed for some reason). and also into the wind or against the wind will adjust speed too.

Great wakes for both...

Hawk thanks for the input. Where did you find the GG sacs. I was thinking going 750 rears with the 1100 center cause I have a 900 lb surf sac and a 300 for the nose. This might really give some depth in the surf wake.

99Bison 07-18-2013 11:32 AM

Thanks here too Hawk, will try weighting like this too.

hawk22 07-18-2013 11:06 PM

wakemakers will take care of you, I assume they are still around. Good people. yeah, I contemplated the 750s, they are actually cheaper bags. But the 565s were made to fit in that locker so I just went with it. I have read other people just do the 750s and fill'em as much as they can. Others have even modified their locker (ie just remove the panel between the locker and the back seat) and that creates more space for the larger bag. If you are gonna do it, I would highly recommend reversible pumps for all bags. Wakemakers can walk you through it...(reversible pumps and venting for the bags). It's extra $ money, but hindsight I wish I would've done it. Instead I'm just frustrated every time I'm out wating for 1 pump to fill 3 bags....

silvtondvl 07-19-2013 10:59 AM

You do know there is a big difference between those two boats.
The grey boat has the Play pen option, the other does not.
The playpen lets you put the 1100 front sac under the cushion and hook it up to the factory hoses.

Not sure if a 1100 sac will go in that red boat walkway without cracking the fiberglass. Plus you are going to have to fill it with a hand pump.

Considering there is a 400lb sac under the floor there, adding a 400 or 600lb on top should be enough.

You need to put a valve in the front drain line back in the left rear locker. At the front of the locker and up high - the drain line passes thru.
Cut into the line and install a valve - this will keep your front sac from auto emptying while you surf. Always fill and drain with the valve open, close when the sac is full.
I own a 2003 SSv I bought brand new that will reach 1000 hours this summer. Starts everytime - great boat! See the lake houston post for my surf wake.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:51 AM.