WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   My 2013 MC X25 Build (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797790)

mattscraft 04-24-2013 2:21 PM

My 2013 MC X25 Build
 
8 Attachment(s)
I think it is turning out quite nice!:D

6.2 Ilmor, since I am sure someone will ask.

lifetimewarranty 04-24-2013 2:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattscraft (Post 1818489)
I think it is turning out quite nice!

From the looks of it you would be correct sir.

downfortheride 04-24-2013 5:44 PM

WOW, good looking colors! Congrats...

scottb7 04-24-2013 6:17 PM

Looks great! Keep the pics coming.

wakebordr11 04-24-2013 6:38 PM

I want to see those 2 Xstars that were next to it/in front of it!! But yes, love the gel scheme!

Holidayking 04-25-2013 7:07 AM

This is a beauty! Cool pictures. I love the rear surf seats on the X-25. My favorite feature on that model. Very exciting to see it getting built I am sure. Tons of fun coming this summer!

wakecumberland 04-25-2013 7:56 AM

Very sharp! You ever make it down to Cumberland? Would love to see that boat!

lionel 04-25-2013 8:13 AM

Very nice. How did you get them to do the flakes next to each other?

wakereviews 04-25-2013 8:25 AM

those are my kind of colors! very nice!!

mattscraft 04-25-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakecumberland (Post 1818654)
Very sharp! You ever make it down to Cumberland? Would love to see that boat!

Typically not, usually just Norris. Prob going to Laurel Lake for Memorial Day.

mattscraft 04-25-2013 11:04 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Almost complete.

mattscraft 04-25-2013 5:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And she is complete, only the lake test left!

mattscraft 04-25-2013 5:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionel (Post 1818663)
Very nice. How did you get them to do the flakes next to each other?

It was never an issue, I designed it, payed for it and they built it;)

polarbill 04-25-2013 6:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holidayking (Post 1818642)
This is a beauty! Cool pictures. I love the rear surf seats on the X-25. My favorite feature on that model. Very exciting to see it getting built I am sure. Tons of fun coming this summer!

How can an illegal seating option be your favorite option?

polarbill 04-25-2013 6:20 PM

That is cool you got the newer windshield. I want to see how it looks on the water. By the way, colors look great.

mattscraft 04-26-2013 5:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarbill (Post 1818808)
How can an illegal seating option be your favorite option?

Not illegal seats, only illegal if someone sits there while under way. They are really designed as cove/raft up chill seats. Now many people do many stupid illegal things with boats in many cases. I have seen many pics & vids of people laying/sitting on the sun pad while surfing, is it illegal, yes:banghead:

I have actually sat in these seats on a X25 while surfing, it is a pretty cool vantage point and really not dangerous IMO, however, if we got caught, yup certainly a ticket and fine for sure. These seats are actually safer than sitting/laying on a sun pad due to your feet are firmly planted on the swim platform and in an upright seated position, but the law is the law, break it, get caught, pay the man.

I rest my case, lol:D

tyler97217 04-26-2013 6:43 AM

Sweet baby jesus.... looks nice!

willyt 04-26-2013 8:50 AM

i have personally never sat in those seats while drew was surfing.

i lie

bcrider 04-26-2013 9:13 AM

Cops don't pull us over for things like that north of the border.....if they are ever out.

rohe2452 04-26-2013 11:21 AM

god damn that is sexy

bryce2320 04-26-2013 12:18 PM

Congrats on the new boat, its a beauty. Looks awesome out in the sun!!

bruizza 04-26-2013 12:19 PM

Absolutely gorgeous boat!!!

brucemac 04-26-2013 12:58 PM

nice looking boat, congrats.

wakebordr11 04-26-2013 2:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarbill (Post 1818808)
How can an illegal seating option be your favorite option?

Are they called surf seats? If so - yikes for MC and their legal counsel and potential liability in the event of an accident.

johnny_defacto 04-26-2013 8:47 PM

Looking good, I like the dark color combo and the new Axis-Style windshield. It looks really good and you will love it, very functional.

Only thing I do not like so far is the bulky white steering wheel. Looks really thick and cheap, and doesn't match exactly with the grey in your interior...

Holidayking 04-26-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

How can an illegal seating option be your favorite option?
I think those seats are pretty cool. When I was lookking at a new MC I was dissapointed they were not on the X-30. Illegal? At 10MPH while someone is surfing those seats are a helluva lot safer than many shanningans going on out on the lakes. Police up here (Canada) would not bother with enforcing that. I had no idea they were illegal, but they are still super cool!

pprior 04-27-2013 6:31 AM

I too am amazed that MC sells a boat with seats back there that don't have huge stickers on them saying "DO NOT SIT IN WHILE BOAT IS MOVING OR YOU WILL DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH"

mattscraft 04-28-2013 6:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pprior (Post 1819050)
I too am amazed that MC sells a boat with seats back there that don't have huge stickers on them saying "DO NOT SIT IN WHILE BOAT IS MOVING OR YOU WILL DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH"

OK - I am going to thread jack my own post:banghead:

"Stupid is what stupid does"

First off as I said before, the rear seats on the MC X25 are not "Surf Seats" They are not marketed as such and you will never see MC advertise the seats as such. They are designed as cove sitting, raft up chill seats. If you watch any of the marketing videos/material this is only what you will see.

There is no amount of warning or regulation that will stop people from doing stupid things. This style of seating from what I have seen was started by the jet boat folks and certainly copied by MC on the X25. If you would like to see more regulation etc. to stop people from doing stupid stuff, why don't we add seat belts on boats, how about engine cut off sensors to detect weight capacity in the bow and if the seats are flipped up. Why not make them so fool proof none of us can afford them or really enjoy them.

Yes, the boat manufacture is responsible for making a boat safe when used as intended, however it is impossible to insure against stupidity. IMO we are way over regulated as it is in this country and way over litigation happy because of stupid is what stupid does!

As the captain of my boat, each and every time I go out, I own the soul responsibility to make sure the boat is operating and operated in a safe manor, my crew and passengers act accordingly understanding boating rules and I have all of the proper safety equipment on-board. Should anything happen, I am liable.

Last year I was pulled over by water patrol because my son was standing in the boat while under-way, we passed them head on, they spun around and came up behind me. As soon as we passed, I knew they were going to pull us over, I immediately pulled off plain and waited for them. When they pulled up, the officer asked me "Do You know why I pulled you over?" My response, Yup because he (pointing at my son) was standing while under-way. They checked all of my safety gear and registration, which I had readily available. Myself and crew acted with respect etc. and we received the same in return. One officer asked me how long I have been a boater in which I replied "All my life" his response, "It Shows" They politely left us with a "Have a nice day and be safe"

simplej 04-28-2013 7:16 AM

I mean my buddy lost a cushion off one of the seats while we were running across the lake this year never to be found...

pprior 04-28-2013 7:55 AM

Just for the record Matt, my post was sarcastic - I hate stupid warning stickers :) Agree with your post 100%

mattscraft 04-28-2013 5:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pprior (Post 1819159)
Just for the record Matt, my post was sarcastic - I hate stupid warning stickers :) Agree with your post 100%

That's cool my man:D Hard to interpret literal emotion, even with the Smiles:rolleyes:

First thing I do when I am fortunate enough to get a new boat is pull off all the warning stickers, sans the capacity plate, the only important stamp on the boat.;)

wakebordr11 04-28-2013 5:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattscraft (Post 1819152)
OK - I am going to thread jack my own post:banghead:

"Stupid is what stupid does"

First off as I said before, the rear seats on the MC X25 are not "Surf Seats" They are not marketed as such and you will never see MC advertise the seats as such. They are designed as cove sitting, raft up chill seats. If you watch any of the marketing videos/material this is only what you will see.

There is no amount of warning or regulation that will stop people from doing stupid things. This style of seating from what I have seen was started by the jet boat folks and certainly copied by MC on the X25. If you would like to see more regulation etc. to stop people from doing stupid stuff, why don't we add seat belts on boats, how about engine cut off sensors to detect weight capacity in the bow and if the seats are flipped up. Why not make them so fool proof none of us can afford them or really enjoy them.

Yes, the boat manufacture is responsible for making a boat safe when used as intended, however it is impossible to insure against stupidity. IMO we are way over regulated as it is in this country and way over litigation happy because of stupid is what stupid does!

As the captain of my boat, each and every time I go out, I own the soul responsibility to make sure the boat is operating and operated in a safe manor, my crew and passengers act accordingly understanding boating rules and I have all of the proper safety equipment on-board. Should anything happen, I am liable.

Last year I was pulled over by water patrol because my son was standing in the boat while under-way, we passed them head on, they spun around and came up behind me. As soon as we passed, I knew they were going to pull us over, I immediately pulled off plain and waited for them. When they pulled up, the officer asked me "Do You know why I pulled you over?" My response, Yup because he (pointing at my son) was standing while under-way. They checked all of my safety gear and registration, which I had readily available. Myself and crew acted with respect etc. and we received the same in return. One officer asked me how long I have been a boater in which I replied "All my life" his response, "It Shows" They politely left us with a "Have a nice day and be safe"

Glad you're responsible and that the 'surf seats' as people seem to call them aren't marketed as such. Unfortunately, Americans are sue crazy and if you are unfamiliar with the MC X45 lawsuit, that's what my comment was generally aimed at - stupid is as stupid does isn't a legal argument many win, unfortunately, due to our ever liberal legal system protecting the f&*ktards that run rampant in the world... end rant.

Nice boat, lets see more pictures!

mattscraft 04-29-2013 1:57 PM

Delta - Very familiar with the X45 law suit, I have seen the actual defense photos, still shocked a jury found MC liable after seeing these photo's.

But a wake boat is a very different animal, low free-board, very powerful, certainly not for the average weekend boater IMO.

bass10after 04-29-2013 4:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattscraft (Post 1819152)
IMO we are way over regulated as it is in this country and way over litigation happy because of stupid is what stupid does!"

couldn't agree more!

mattscraft 04-30-2013 6:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, sneak peek. Dealer prep tomorrow and will get an entire series to post.

Boom... Waaaaa.... Ain't she perty, lol

DatTexasBoy 04-30-2013 7:43 PM

We sit on the back while surfing all the time at our lake in Texas. Never had a problem with getting pulled over. I have heard of other lakes that do though

illini88 04-30-2013 9:16 PM

I didn't realize the rear facing seats were a new concept. I think I remember the Sessions (made by Regal, I believe) had similar rear facing seats. I'm thinking those were built around 04 or so, but I could be wrong.

JamesHawk101 05-01-2013 5:34 PM

Thats sweet can't wait to see it without the white tape and with the tower up.

mattscraft 05-01-2013 7:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 (Post 1819810)
Thats sweet can't wait to see it without the white tape and with the tower up.

Your wish is my command.


Here is the final, I will get some more hopefully this weekend. Crazy at work right now, no time to get a combo pic with the T-reg. As long as the weather holds, we will Christen her Saturday.

Got to run it at the dealer with the flush kit, love it, hook the hose up to the rear of the boat and done. The 6.2 sounds awesome!

Also, the Ilmors have drain hose valves for the engine block, no more removing plugs:cool:

Dmac420sj 05-02-2013 6:49 AM

That's a badass boat!

wakecumberland 05-02-2013 7:22 AM

Again Matt, I cant get over how nice that boat is! Love it!

I'm planning to add the flush kit to mine this summer, seems like a no brainer. I would love to get some of those drain valves for the block, removing the plugs is a pain. I'll talk to Bill. Hope the weather holds out for you Saturday!

chattwake 05-02-2013 7:52 AM

Beautiful boat! You'll love that windshield. It's so easy to reach out and grab the dock or other boats when pulling up next to something or someone.

migs 05-02-2013 8:09 AM

beauty

fman 05-02-2013 9:00 PM

Beautiful! I love that tower how easily it collapses down, I hear you can tow it in the down position. That will be soooo nice not to have bugs all over your tower! Congratulations....the X-25 is one of my all time favorite boats. Enjoy your summer....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:15 AM.