WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Houston Boat Show (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796574)

Houstonshark 01-06-2013 10:18 AM

Houston Boat Show
 
I'm headed to the Houston Boat Show today. I probably won't take a ton of pics and I'll only be using my iPhone but I'll post up a few later this evening when we get home.

Let me know if you have any requests.

MICAH_HARPER 01-06-2013 10:14 PM

I was there toda, first time for the Houston Show. Lot of good looking boats but was really dissapointed in the lack of wakeboard gear and stuff. One place had aFEW thing i was hoping to spend some money looks like they lost out. Oh well, i usually go to the Dallas show but like i said it was a good show hope you enjoyed it too...hey your not a short little asian guy are you...lol..i bet i saw this guy take over 300 pics..lol

bryce2320 01-07-2013 3:54 AM

I request those pics you didn't upload last night :p

cwb4me 01-07-2013 5:00 AM

TJ sounds like a short little Asian guy to me? LOL

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 7:08 AM

Yes. That was me.

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 7:34 AM

It's difficult to take pics with my kids running around wanting to test drive everything. I also realized that due to the lighting, many of the pics are out of focus. Sorry. I'm a disgrace to the Asian tourist community.

20MXZ $88k. Plain and overpriced IMO.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39D2550C16.jpg

The bow was huge in the 20MXZ.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39D60018E4.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39DA5B75B9.jpg

22MXZ
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39E15888AC.jpg

24MXZ
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39DECD1B6D.jpg

Supra SA350
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39F5395026.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39F937B2A9.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39EB4E7F80.jpg

Supra SA550 Worlds (I think?). The bow of this boat looks really strange. It's not very deep and looks kinda funny the way it juts out. I bet it looks sick on the water though. I love Supra interiors, I just wish they would hide all those toggle switches.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A06C8FA86.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39FFD156D6.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...39FCCBDC3C.jpg

The new Tige Z1 is a really sick boat!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A13FA61FA.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A1080B6AA.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A0D77E87C.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A0A2B53ED.jpg

Tige Z3
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A221E79A4.jpg

Tige RZ2
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A25B16537.jpg

Tige Convex VX
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A1740A2EF.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A1B109611.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A1E98062C.jpg

I'll post a few more later on.

cwb4me 01-07-2013 7:41 AM

Thanks TJ , Great pics!!!:D

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 8:00 AM

That last Tige Z3 pic didn't show up.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A221E79A4.jpg

boardman74 01-07-2013 8:09 AM

The boat show pricing on a 20 MXZ is 88K? WOW!

FunkyBunch 01-07-2013 8:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICAH_HARPER (Post 1800920)
Oh well, i usually go to the Dallas show but like i said it was a good show hope you enjoyed it too

Just an FYI no Dallas Boat show this year that one was cancelled. It looks like someone has combined the Dallas and FT Worth show into one at the Ball Park.

DFW Boat Show/

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 8:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1800949)
The boat show pricing on a 20 MXZ is 88K? WOW!

Yeah. It kinda makes these boats seem like a steal!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B2066288C.jpg

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 8:42 AM

G25
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A2C544CE8.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A2FB83EEE.jpg

Sooo much space inside!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A32F61039.jpg

G23
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B1BD06F0A.jpg

boardman74 01-07-2013 8:42 AM

Boy they are giving those away!! For that price might as well take both!! The G25 is cheaper?

Hard to see the MSRP...WOW 145K and 167K!!

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 8:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1800962)
Boy they are giving those away!! For that price might as well take both!! The G25 is cheaper?

Hard to see the MSRP...WOW 145K and 167K!!

No. $139k on the G25 and $125k on the G23.

simplej 01-07-2013 8:47 AM

Gross pricing....

How was the sa450 and z1 priced just out of curiosity

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 8:55 AM

And the X-Star was cheaper than both at $114,500 with a $130k retail price. I'm guessing someone at Dockside still sleeps in The Hulk pajamas. Green was definitely a favorite color of theirs.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B40BBD2AF.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B31C603EA.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B39487BC3.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B36BFA831.jpg

My son liked the arm rests.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B4CBF5CA4.jpg

The rear vents and the locking bumper holders were very cool.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B433A96F2.jpg

Port side rear locker seemed pretty cramped. You wouldn't be able to do a long bag there without relocating the battery.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B45DEF6A1.jpg

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 8:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1800966)
Gross pricing....

How was the sa450 and z1 priced just out of curiosity

I totally missed the pricing on the Supras. I think the Z1 was $76k and was loaded.

simplej 01-07-2013 9:03 AM

Hmmm not terrible on the z1 but if the SA is In that ball park that will be the boat to have IMO

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 9:05 AM

The X10 looked pretty good. I think it was $78k but I could be wrong.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B2C73166E.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B2716878C.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B24C6C452.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B1E3AC914.jpg

Love the rear facing seat setup.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...5664C685E1.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B11AB7031.jpg

drnate 01-07-2013 9:09 AM

Thanks for going and taking so many pics and giving so much info about the boat show. I love boat shows!

Did the Centruion Dealer there not show up :(

simplej 01-07-2013 9:11 AM

New favorite thread. That x stars is handsome... I don't think I could take the green for the long haul but it is sexy
That tower on the x10 looks way cheap way way cheap....

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 9:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnate (Post 1800973)
Thanks for going and taking so many pics and giving so much info about the boat show. I love boat shows!

Did the Centruion Dealer there not show up :(

I didn't see them there but I could have just missed them.

durty_curt 01-07-2013 9:43 AM

How much were the other two MXZs?

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 9:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durty_curt (Post 1800984)
How much were the other two MXZs?

I missed those price tags but I'd have to think the 22 was at least mid to upper 90's which would put the 24 well over $100k. Total guesses though based on the price of the 20.

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 10:00 AM

A couple other MC's.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B2F7634D5.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B34646002.jpg

I really love the MC interiors. The speaker locations look really cool. Of get tired of telling people to move cause they are blocking the speaker.
Several of the MC's had the radio visible and not hidden at the observer's helm. Why?
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3A29543D43.jpg

CobraRob 01-07-2013 10:22 AM

I was going to go this weekend myself.. got caught up with other things that needed to get done. Maybe for the final weekend.

delmage171 01-07-2013 12:33 PM

MC should powdercoat the towers. Would look much better then the plain aluminum IMO.

tonyv420 01-07-2013 12:34 PM

Nice pics, too bad prices are so high! I don't think I'll ever be able to upgrade! Guess I gotta roll with my 2004 Avalanche! Better start playin the Lotto, or rob a bank ......

timmyb 01-07-2013 3:28 PM

Nice pics! FYI - your pics of the prices say "Prices as shown" but then say that you "own this model for as low as" meaning that with no options you could get it for that price...

matt75 01-07-2013 3:35 PM

The gray/green Supra SA350 sold for 81 I believe. Not sure on the Worlds. Z1 all the way. That boat really impressed me.

ixfe 01-07-2013 4:24 PM

Don't mess your pants, kid... or MC will own daddy's house!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B4CBF5CA4.jpg

Houstonshark 01-07-2013 4:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixfe (Post 1801053)
Don't mess your pants, kid... or MC will own daddy's house!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B4CBF5CA4.jpg

Ha. If anyone has questions about any of these boats, just ask my kids. They pushed more buttons, turned more steering wheels and looked in more compartments than anyone at the show.

I think my 5yr old programmed his rider preset into the majority of the boats with touch screens.

CobraRob 01-07-2013 7:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delmage171 (Post 1801004)
MC should powdercoat the towers. Would look much better then the plain aluminum IMO.

One of the reasons I like MC is all the raw milled Aluminium... Then again mine is pre-power tower too.

johnboyy7 01-08-2013 9:24 AM

MC needs more boats to pick from.

thanks for the picks TJ.

Houstonshark 01-08-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnboyy7 (Post 1801110)
MC needs more boats to pick from.

thanks for the picks TJ.

Ha. I know right?

On a related note, I posted the pic of my son in the X-Star on Facebook and a friend commented saying that her husband's boss ordered a new X-Star. It came in, he took delivery of it, put it in the water (didn't say for how long) and according to her, he '...brought it right back. He made them give him his old boat back. It made a horrible wake supposedly.'

jagermeister 01-08-2013 3:03 PM

Did Supra offer any surf technology for 2013?

MICAH_HARPER 01-08-2013 3:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houstonshark (Post 1801145)
Ha. I know right?

On a related note, I posted the pic of my son in the X-Star on Facebook and a friend commented saying that her husband's boss ordered a new X-Star. It came in, he took delivery of it, put it in the water (didn't say for how long) and according to her, he '...brought it right back. He made them give him his old boat back. It made a horrible wake supposedly.'

interesting

CobraRob 01-08-2013 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houstonshark (Post 1801145)
Ha. I know right?

On a related note, I posted the pic of my son in the X-Star on Facebook and a friend commented saying that her husband's boss ordered a new X-Star. It came in, he took delivery of it, put it in the water (didn't say for how long) and according to her, he '...brought it right back. He made them give him his old boat back. It made a horrible wake supposedly.'

More than likely someone had regret thinking about the payment book.

dougr 01-08-2013 5:15 PM

i cant believe how crazy pricing is getting.

rdlangston13 01-08-2013 7:07 PM

My main issue with the entire tige line up is they put the cup holders on the floor. I don't want to lean over to the ground to pick up my beer


Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

Houstonshark 01-08-2013 7:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdlangston13 (Post 1801213)
My main issue with the entire tige line up is they put the cup holders on the floor. I don't want to lean over to the ground to pick up my beer


Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...5863BAE78A.jpg

Yes. There are 4 cup holders in the floor of my Tige. My kids generally use these for their drinks or toys.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...8/be1bde37.jpg

The other 16 (SIXTEEN!) are not on the floor.

ilikebeaverandboats 01-08-2013 7:55 PM

wish the show came through AZ like it used to!

cwb4me 01-09-2013 7:20 PM

I have 5 cup holders in the floor of my Tige.I only have 15 that aren't on the floor. TJ is it a whole lot better with 16? Do you think you could manage with one less?I wonder sometimes,should i have held out for a 16th cup holder?

bryce2320 01-09-2013 7:34 PM

of course you should have held out RT. 15 isn't enough!!!! And 5 on the floor!!!! that would never work for me:banghead::banghead::D

talltigeguy 01-09-2013 8:20 PM

I can't understand the black vinyl in that Supra. That will be a blast in the summer sun. Keep lots of towels and some neosporin around for the occasional burn.

Thanks for all the pics! I love seeing the stickers as well. 115K for a stripped down version of the G23, Yikes.

wakebrdjay 01-09-2013 8:36 PM

How is the Base G25 almost $2K less than the G23?

boardman74 01-09-2013 8:44 PM

Probably priced without a trailer.

chattwake 01-09-2013 9:02 PM

Any truth to the rumor that a G23 at Houston show had an electrical problem and the dash, caught fire, that the dash had t be ripped out to rip it out, and the fire marshal had the boat roped off.

Houstonshark 01-09-2013 10:09 PM

Maybe it was the G25 that caught fire, thus the reason for the price being lower than the G23.

BlazeSr 01-09-2013 10:52 PM

The carpet in the green supra sa350 looks pretty sick!
I'll take any Tige' any day of the week. Love the new stuff.
*** I saw the G23 at the AWS open house and words do not explain the amazing-ness!!!! I just... I ahhhhhh.... It..... Um yeah. It's that good.

cwb4me 01-10-2013 5:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1801390)
Any truth to the rumor that a G23 at Houston show had an electrical problem and the dash, caught fire, that the dash had t be ripped out to rip it out, and the fire marshal had the boat roped off.

All that needed to be done is disconnect the battery.No current no fire.;)

boardman74 01-10-2013 6:08 AM

G23 caught fire? You know my cousins, sisters, neighbors, friends, dads, boss's, kid who can only boost 9 foot airs behind nautiqus said they are having an issue with that. It's caused by some thing to do with the drive shaft!!! LOL

MICAH_HARPER 01-10-2013 6:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1801422)
g23 caught fire? You know my cousins, sisters, neighbors, friends, dads, boss's, kid who can only boost 9 foot airs behind nautiqus said they are having an issue with that. It's caused by some thing to do with the drive shaft!!! Lol

lol

Houstonshark 01-10-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1801375)
I have 5 cup holders in the floor of my Tige.I only have 15 that aren't on the floor. TJ is it a whole lot better with 16? Do you think you could manage with one less?I wonder sometimes,should i have held out for a 16th cup holder?

I think I understand David's issue with Tige boats now. 15 cup holders above floor level is totally unacceptable. I think that is right up there with the Riders Edition complaints, vinyl quality issues and claims that TAPS is a replacement for ballast.

Sounds like its time for a new Tige, Robert... 'The new Tige's have really come a long way.'

brucemac 01-10-2013 3:55 PM

lol hulk pajamas

lot of interesting color choices there

hatepain 01-10-2013 4:13 PM

Quote:

I have 5 cup holders in the floor of my Tige
Dude Robert, you have a tige? What color?

rdlangston13 01-10-2013 6:33 PM

I've never really crawled in and around one, all the pictures I have seen the only visible cup holders I see are on the floor so of there are other places around the boat in more accessible locations then that is awesome. I would love to have an RZ2 for a next boat, hell I even visited the Tige factory in November on my way to Lubbock. I would love to buy a Texas made boat one day


Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

boardman74 01-10-2013 7:14 PM

The Rz2 has 16. You can put beverages everywhere. The floor ones end up for the girls hair stuff, sunblock, watches, etc. The ones in the side panels are much handier for beer...I mean soda!

simplej 01-10-2013 8:05 PM

The 6 cup holders on the floor show their value reeeeeeeaaaaal quick when you have a boat load and can't get into to the side pockets without out making people move...

Bamabonners 01-11-2013 9:06 AM

My 23 LSV only has 10 in the back, 4 in the front, 4 in the table, and I think it has 2 by driver's feet (if memory serves me correctly)- for a grand total of 20 cup holders :p

cbarguy1 01-11-2013 9:24 AM

They need to give the correct craft engineers something other than a straight ruler. The interiors are too angular IMO. They make great boats but should hire some Italian designers.

The Tige's are really looking good. As are the Supras and BU's. MC interiors are awesome as mentioned. Not a fan of the new top deck "sway" or the hull graphics. May look better in person. Love seeing all the pictures. Thanks for posting. The show will be in Seattle soon. Hope it's half as good as Houston.

Bamabonners 01-12-2013 1:52 PM

Mastercraft has the fugliest towers of any boat on the market right now, hand down....

Nordicron 01-12-2013 4:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamabonners (Post 1801761)
Mastercraft has the fugliest towers of any boat on the market right now, hand down....

I disagree I think they look pretty nice and very functional. Its the Tige towers that need some attention.

johnny_defacto 01-12-2013 5:30 PM

that G25 with the grey seadeck looks so much better than the brown sea deck. cant wait for the L.A. boat show to go check out these boats. It seems all the manufacturers have stepped it up big time... just wish the prices weren't so ridiculous.

Elliottsx80 01-12-2013 6:56 PM

well the okc boat show was a joke! they had like 4 pontoons 2 air natiques 1 axis 4 malibus and 4 yamahas and like 3 seadoos. if you wanted a travel trailor it was the place to be. probably a 100 of those.

bryce2320 01-13-2013 10:36 AM

I think the alpha z tower is the best looking tower out!! .02

cwb4me 01-13-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicron (Post 1801771)
I disagree I think they look pretty nice and very functional. Its the Tige towers that need some attention.

They are getting plenty of attention.Tige was "Buzz brand of the year" for 2012.:p

gti2lo 01-13-2013 1:16 PM

No idea why an X-Star at the Toronto show is cheaper than Dallas...our local dealer had it posted starting from $107k

johnny_defacto 01-13-2013 1:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1801862)
They are getting plenty of attention.Tige was "Buzz brand of the year" for 2012.:p

Robert, I really hope that you are getting paid by Tige. I know that you said you are not, but I really hope that you are. Actually, now that I think about the frequency in which you "Tige Bomb" (yes, I just made that up, you can use that if you want to) I hope that MC, Malibu, and/or CC are paying you. :D

I kid, I kid... but seriously.

cwb4me 01-13-2013 2:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny_defacto (Post 1801866)
Robert, I really hope that you are getting paid by Tige. I know that you said you are not, but I really hope that you are. Actually, now that I think about the frequency in which you "Tige Bomb" (yes, I just made that up, you can use that if you want to) I hope that MC, Malibu, and/or CC are paying you. :D

I kid, I kid... but seriously.

I'll never tell who is actually paying me,but i will say i'm retiring at the end of this year.So they must pay well.LOL:D

ilikebeaverandboats 01-13-2013 3:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryce2320 (Post 1801845)
I think the alpha z tower is the best looking tower out!! .02

Agreed! Love the simple smooth lines. Always loved the look of the cast aluminum towers

simplej 01-13-2013 3:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gti2lo (Post 1801865)
no idea why an x-star at the toronto show is cheaper than dallas...our local dealer had it posted starting from $107k

what a deal!!!

boardman74 01-13-2013 4:18 PM

Maybe the Canadian exchange rate!!!

sprocketeer 01-13-2013 4:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryce2320 (Post 1801845)
I think the alpha z tower is the best looking tower out!! .02

+1

cwb4me 01-13-2013 5:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryce2320 (Post 1801845)
I think the alpha z tower is the best looking tower out!! .02

+2:D

jimmyd 01-13-2013 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gti2lo (Post 1801865)
No idea why an X-Star at the Toronto show is cheaper than Dallas...our local dealer had it posted starting from $107k

To get rid of it faster and settle on making just a few thousand on the deal instead of $10k+

DocksideDon 01-25-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houstonshark (Post 1800967)
And the X-Star was cheaper than both at $114,500 with a $130k retail price. I'm guessing someone at Dockside still sleeps in The Hulk pajamas. Green was definitely a favorite color of theirs.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B40BBD2AF.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B31C603EA.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B39487BC3.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B36BFA831.jpg

My son liked the arm rests.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B4CBF5CA4.jpg

The rear vents and the locking bumper holders were very cool.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B433A96F2.jpg

Port side rear locker seemed pretty cramped. You wouldn't be able to do a long bag there without relocating the battery.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...3B45DEF6A1.jpg

You bet we still sleep in Hulk pajamas!! Luckily we can order the Xstar exactly how YOU want it!!

Thanks for coming by and seeing us!! Dockside Crew!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:01 AM.