Originally Posted by shreddymunster
A grocery bag is
1. terrible for the environment.
2. is useless once the bag is ripped.
3. doesn't do anything to help you get out of a wetsuit.
These footies help to reduce the friction of your feet when your pulling your foot out of the wetsuit leg. Its reusable which will help restore the negative effect that plastic bags have had on the environment.
Starting to seem like you do have something invested in these patent-pending products.
1. You're right, but outside of L.A. and Austin, most anywhere else you get a plastic bag every now and then, and it's better for the environment that it be recycled, or reused in any manner outside of carrying something out of the store.
2. I have used the same two plastic bags since late Sept-early Oct, they haven't ripped yet, and that's riding 5+ times a week.
3. As stated, I don't need any help getting the wetsuit off, it's for getting it on. I've also been taught to roll the wetsuit off anyway, which these will likely lead to pulling the wetsuit off, stretching and potentially damaging seams.
Plastic bags reduce friction, and again, who is having that much trouble taking a wetsuit off? It's hopefully wet and will come off pretty simple. Plastic bags are not good for the environment, and it's good to reduce our usage of them, I use my own re-usable grocery bags, and actually ask to not have purchased product bagged when at all possible, even if it means carrying a bunch of stuff to the car (forgot my re-usable bags once, so I just reloaded groceries in the cart and took that to the car), and I recycle plastic bags that I do receive, so I feel the environmental concern. However, it also seems to be the next popular thing to create a "need" by claiming environmental impact, and ride that wave as much as possible.
Still seems like $15 on a patent pending sock, that surfers have used a plastic bag to do successfully for years and years.
Here is help on removing a wetsuit if anyone is having trouble...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RdNEEzlR4pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>