WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Early 2000s SAN 210 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795747)

bschall 09-30-2012 4:08 PM

Early 2000s SAN 210
 
Finally about to upgrade our 1985 2001 SN up to and early 2000s 210. My dad is a major correct craft fan since he has owned his 85 basically his whole life and it is still running strong after 850 hours have been clocked on it.

I have found these to potentially go look at.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/3304635545.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/3291804088.html

The Sacramento one is priced better however it is prior to 03 and I believe that it when they dropped the floors in these boats. Also the 06 has the PCM Excalibur in it and from what I understand that is a better motor than the 350 PCM.

Thoughts?

watermags 09-30-2012 4:46 PM

If you look closely both have the same engine. Not sure why the 2006 says 375 hp when it has the 330 in the pic. The 2006 is not a team edition, no built in rear ballast. Also I thought 2006 had a different style tower. None the less those are both sweet boats. Good luck with your boat shopping.

bschall 09-30-2012 5:31 PM

So the Excalibur 330 and the PCM 350 are the same engine?

watermags 09-30-2012 6:04 PM

Yes. 350 is cubic inches (size of motor), 330 is horsepower. Both are PCM excalibur 330.

boardman74 09-30-2012 6:40 PM

Jonah is right on. The motor is a standard chevy 350 block which you find in 90% of tow boats. Rated at 330 hp and marinized by PCM.

09-30-2012 6:42 PM

That 02 is sharp. Can't go wrong with either really. The 02 is the first year they dropped the floors and widened the gunnels. It's also had the digital gauges replaced, it was a common problem.You may want to verify that those are the actual hours and not the hours since the original gauges were replaced. The 02 and 03 are quite often considered the best years for the 210.

I don't know much about the different power plants, but I'm sure someone will chime in. I've got a GT-40 in mine. My buddy has an 02 with the PCM and his hasn't had any problems through about 800 hours.

To me it's a no-brainer. I'd go with the 02 and bank the $7k.

trdon 09-30-2012 7:17 PM

The 06 is not an 06, but an 05. It has the tower and graphics of the 05 which is pretty year specific, beyond it is misrepresented with the year and the engine, seems a little odd. That first one is really sweet though.

markj 09-30-2012 7:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperbet (Post 1786750)
That 02 is sharp. Can't go wrong with either really. The 02 is the first year they dropped the floors and widened the gunnels. It's also had the digital gauges replaced, it was a common problem.You may want to verify that those are the actual hours and not the hours since the original gauges were replaced. The 02 and 03 are quite often considered the best years for the 210.

I don't know much about the different power plants, but I'm sure someone will chime in. I've got a GT-40 in mine. My buddy has an 02 with the PCM and his hasn't had any problems through about 800 hours.

To me it's a no-brainer. I'd go with the 02 and bank the $7k.

Pretty sure they narrowed the gunnels, not widened them. Right? That 02 is a nicer boat. They both have low hours.

bschall 09-30-2012 8:17 PM

Going to look at the 02 tomorrow night. I asked about the gauges and he claims that it was one of the few that came with the analog ones in the first place. Can you use a computer to get read engine hours?

durty_curt 09-30-2012 8:20 PM

I thought the 02 and earlier models had the Ford GT 40 (i believe that's the name) in there Nautiques. Was the pcm just an option back then?

boardman74 09-30-2012 8:26 PM

GT 40 is a PCM motor. Just a ford 351 block to start. The excaliber was the replacement for the GT 40 if I understand it correctly. It uses the chevy 350 block. Both good motors.

wakesk8er2 09-30-2012 8:26 PM

The '06 was probably purchased as a super sport and had ND tower and whatever the dealership had around for air graphics. Seems to stripped down to have started out as an air.

I'd go with the '02 regardless.

skippabcool 09-30-2012 8:27 PM

My buddy sold his 85 or 84 this spring and got a 2006 SANTE. He really loved his 2001 SN but it didn't take him long to forget about it and start enjoying his SANTE.

bschall 09-30-2012 8:31 PM

I am trying to get my pops to keep the 85 sn as well. Its nice to have and ottoman to kick your feet up on to.

wakebordr11 09-30-2012 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1786787)
GT 40 is a PCM motor. Just a ford 351 block to start. The excaliber was the replacement for the GT 40 if I understand it correctly. It uses the chevy 350 block. Both good motors.

02 was the first year for the option between the GT40 and 330, at least if we're talking about the small block engines... and then 03 and on was all GM

brycejb328 10-01-2012 5:38 AM

wow... that 2002 looks really sharp. Love the wake these throw out.

Texan 10-01-2012 6:11 AM

I run an 02, picked it up two years ago with 187hrs. Absolutely love it, zero issues. With the low hours, check your hoses and replace the impeller right when you get it. You may think about changing the oil as well. Other than that, go ride. Throws a great surf wave on either side when weighted right, easy to plumb in extra weight as well.

The one there looks great, and yes you can double check hours with a computer. They started using the 330 at the end of production in 02.

Just tow it over to a dealer and get them to hook a computer to it and look for codes and tell you the hours.

Price looks right at market for something that clean and low hours. If you want some more to compare to go over to www.planetnautique.com

10-01-2012 9:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markj (Post 1786778)
Pretty sure they narrowed the gunnels, not widened them. Right? That 02 is a nicer boat. They both have low hours.

Sorry, you are correct. I meant widened the interior by narrowing the gunnels.

bschall 10-02-2012 12:41 AM

the seller bailed tonight ill keep you guys posted


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:47 AM.