WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Still haven't found a new board....so I decided to brush the dust off this thing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795690)

spencercoon 09-26-2012 3:37 PM

Still haven't found a new board....so I decided to brush the dust off this thing
 
1 Attachment(s)
Ha ha

BamaLurker 09-26-2012 3:55 PM

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Raf1985 09-26-2012 4:09 PM

hahaha shreddin

ttrigo 09-26-2012 5:50 PM

youre holding the handle wrong! haha. nice to see this is now the normal grip for people!

durty_curt 09-26-2012 11:21 PM

Hahaha! Is my slingshot reflex really that bad?

markj 09-27-2012 2:28 AM

Funny... I skiid a couple years ago just to make sure I still could.

markj 09-27-2012 2:30 AM

(skied)

wakekat15 09-27-2012 7:10 AM

Lol, Good call Train!!

Reez 09-27-2012 8:39 AM

I slalom maybe once a year and I was shocked at how exausted i was after only a short time laying it down. If your gonna do it do it right.... Gloves, Shorter shorts...... come on !

spencercoon 09-27-2012 12:36 PM

Ha ha good observations. I tried my best! Next time shorter shorts, gloves, hold handle like a bat etc.

Curt I have an explanation for not using your board. I was out on my uncles boat and my board always seems to get a few extra dings when I'm with him so I decided not to bring yours....

fly135 09-27-2012 12:48 PM

Shorter shorts and gloves you say? It's been a good 15+ years since I was into slalom. Great exercise, but I love the wakeboarding.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...135/Image5.jpg

bschall 09-27-2012 12:49 PM

I have never even gotten up on a single ski before. Looks like a blast if your trying to go fast.

SteveAZ 09-28-2012 12:31 AM

Hahaha...bring the ski over tomorrow...we'll get our nascar on...my neighbor wants to take some ski runs tomorrow afternoon (he has a nautique setup for skiing)...they also ski every morning at 8...but I don't get up that early.:rolleyes:

spencercoon 09-28-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveAZ (Post 1786199)
Hahaha...bring the ski over tomorrow...we'll get our nascar on...my neighbor wants to take some ski runs tomorrow afternoon (he has a nautique setup for skiing)...they also ski every morning at 8...but I don't get up that early.:rolleyes:

Ha ha I appreciate the invite. The ski I am using in the pic is my dads old ski. The boots don't even fit. I really just went out to goof around. Skiiing really doesn't do it for me. It sure made the Pops happy though.

Dj2up10 09-29-2012 8:17 AM

I break out mine on my "annual" slalom run! However the older I get the more it freaks me out cutting hard through the 210s not so great slalom wake!

rplogue7 09-29-2012 8:46 AM

I feel like this is admitting defeat... skiing is so out of style

brycejb328 09-29-2012 8:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rplogue7 (Post 1786459)
I feel like this is admitting defeat... skiing is so out of style

YA BRO... totally out of style. I would venture to guess the OP's give a f*ck level pertaining to what you think is in style is a staggering ZERO :-)

markj 09-29-2012 11:09 AM

^^^ Roger that. I'm 44 and have a problem with snot nosed "style" Nazis. I'm out there to have fun no matter what I'm riding be it a ski, board, whatever.

Raf1985 09-29-2012 4:21 PM

Do slalom guys catch edge too? I would imagine a faceplant at that speed would knock you stupid for a minute or two.

shagman 09-29-2012 6:00 PM

You have to mess up pretty bad to catch the edge and get slammed on a slalom ski. Due to the extra speed there will be lots of skipping/sliding/somersaulting across the water, but since you're not ever spinning and sliding sideways you typically don't catch the edge. I think skiing is a blast, mixing it up between slalom and wakeboard helps me deal with it when I'm frustrated with my riding.

spencercoon 09-29-2012 6:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markj (Post 1786483)
^^^ Roger that. I'm 44 and have a problem with snot nosed "style" Nazis. I'm out there to have fun no matter what I'm riding be it a ski, board, whatever.

That's whats so addicting about boats. So many fun things you can do on and behind them. I don't think anyone really cares what a 15 year old kid thinks about whats in style. When I bust out the slalom ski its all about fun, goofing around and re-living my childhood before wakeboarding took over my world.

joeshmoe 09-29-2012 7:25 PM

ski
 
Do they make only ski boats anymore? or are they all crossover now? I guess that will tell you if they are out of style. I could not imagine spending 40-50k on a ski boat! Wakeboard boat, no problem.

westsidarider 09-29-2012 7:36 PM

I spent a few hours at what is supposed to be the largest ski event on the west coast last weekend. Was awesome to see some of the originals from back in the day still hitting the balls and pushing the limits. Was very sad to see how little spectators were there though. My how the times have changed

Raf1985 09-29-2012 8:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shagman (Post 1786551)
You have to mess up pretty bad to catch the edge and get slammed on a slalom ski. Due to the extra speed there will be lots of skipping/sliding/somersaulting across the water, but since you're not ever spinning and sliding sideways you typically don't catch the edge. I think skiing is a blast, mixing it up between slalom and wakeboard helps me deal with it when I'm frustrated with my riding.

I would be that guy that manages to catch what little edge it has then. I could be in a round inflatable bubble and still manage to catch an edge somehow.

spencercoon 09-29-2012 9:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeshmoe (Post 1786575)
Do they make only ski boats anymore? or are they all crossover now? I guess that will tell you if they are out of style. I could not imagine spending 40-50k on a ski boat! Wakeboard boat, no problem.

Yes they make them. If Skiing was your thing you'd pay. Pretty sure there is just as much or more R & D in Ski boats as there is in Wake boats. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy a ski boat either....

wakerider111 09-30-2012 1:14 AM

this made me think of a video i saw posted on these forums in the past.
this might not be the same exact video i remember, but it shows the same crazy stuff on a slalom ski that i remember
doing stuff like this is how you'd "catch an edge"
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/alSY9Odh21s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bftskir 09-30-2012 1:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
skiing...fast? maybe if you can edge hard on a short line but barefooting is always fast and turning and sideways at 44mph...on your feet.

Gnargnar 09-30-2012 2:43 AM

The newer mc prostar tourney editions are super sick


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:38 PM.