WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Trader Joe's (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795618)

acurtis_ttu 09-21-2012 8:35 AM

Trader Joe's
 
Most of you on the west coast have had trader joes for ever…we just got one near downtown in Houston. I’ve had some of their stuff in the past…all delicious…..
I love taking their brown rice tortillas and making chips out of them ( under the broiler).
What are the must have’s I need to be eating from here?

migs 09-21-2012 8:41 AM

Is the BEST!!!! Thats where I do 75% of my shopping, the other 25% is whole foods.
There's soo many things at Trader Joes, I can list. Just walk down all the isle's and try everything!

polarbill 09-21-2012 9:20 AM

For a quick healthy snack I like their Just chicken. It is cooked, sliced chicken breast and is cheaper than anything in a normal store. a pound of ready to eat good chicken for $5. Their cereals are good. Their trail mixes are awesome. They have a ton of good frozen stuff that appears to be a little healthier than most freezer dinners. Pork potstickers, butter chicken, enchiladas, orage chicken, microwavable brown rice, etc.. So much good stuff.

I can't bring myself to shop at Whole paycheck. IT is so effing expensive. I made a salad there once and it was like 12-15 bucks and wasn't that crazy of a salad. I can go into a restaraunt and buy a ridiculous salad for the same price but have someone serve it to me for the same price or cheaper. On the other hand their cakes are ridiculously good although I think price varies depending on the store. So fricken good.

ilikebeaverandboats 09-21-2012 10:00 AM

THAT PLACES IS AWESOME. The frozen mac n cheese is killer, frozen rolled tacos are awesome, they have some bomb banana yogurt, gotta get the MOCHI ICECREAM!! so good. All the frozen stuff they sell is pretty good, I live off of it in college haha.

norcalrider 09-21-2012 10:29 AM

Cookie Cream!

migs 09-21-2012 10:29 AM

sweedish turkey meatballs, orange chicken, bbq chicken & broccolli, breaded chicken, mac n cheese balls, etc, etc, etc...

jeff_mn 09-21-2012 11:20 AM

Pretzels filled with peanut butter.

#whyImfat

plhorn 09-21-2012 11:22 AM

Its easier to say what they do that isn't good... wait thats not easy either... I can't think of anything. No wait 2 buck chuck isn't any good anymore. The rest is excellent.

polarbill 09-21-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff_mn (Post 1784700)
Pretzels filled with peanut butter.

#whyImfat

Those are good and they wouldn't be a bad for you snack if it was possible to not eat the entire bag. Haha.

jeff_mn 09-21-2012 1:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarbill (Post 1784702)
Those are good and they wouldn't be a bad for you snack if it was possible to not eat the entire bag. Haha.

absolutely impossible.

wakeboardingdad 09-23-2012 6:42 AM

I heard there was a peanut butter recall yesterday. Check your pantry.

http://www.examiner.com/article/trad...lmonella-scare

ttrigo 09-24-2012 7:33 PM

not too many bad tasting things at TJ's.
my weekly must have pick ups though are the following:
De Mi Abuela Corn and Wheat tortillas, Pumpernickel pretzels, Parmasen/Gouda mixed cheese, honey nut o's, and the soft granola bars, any flavor will do.
their cheese selection is actually really good, if you are into cheeses. they carry Hoegarden beer now too, which is nice. their wine selection is a little overated in my opinion, but overall, it is the best grocery store in my area.

ilikebeaverandboats 09-24-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttrigo (Post 1785283)
not too many bad tasting things at TJ's.
my weekly must have pick ups though are the following:
De Mi Abuela Corn and Wheat tortillas, Pumpernickel pretzels, Parmasen/Gouda mixed cheese, honey nut o's, and the soft granola bars, any flavor will do.
their cheese selection is actually really good, if you are into cheeses. they carry Hoegarden beer now too, which is nice. their wine selection is a little overated in my opinion, but overall, it is the best grocery store in my area.

+1 for those tortillas, I forget which ones I get...but there the flower ones in the clear bag with red writing are kick ass. Also, pretty kickass prices on cliff bars.

Had some froze orange chicken for dinner tonight :p


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:26 AM.