WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Is this a legit wake to wake? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795353)

rplogue7 09-03-2012 8:09 AM

Is this a legit wake to wake?
 
Is it?


http://youtu.be/F3jnbVGWpLM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F3jnbVGWpLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hawkeye7708 09-03-2012 8:14 AM

Very close. Bumped the crest of the 2nd wake... straighten your legs some more by the time you reach the top of your heelside wake and you'll soar over it. Good luck!

hillbilly 09-03-2012 10:30 AM

I think INT rulebook says....Lead foot crosses the lip of the second wake sc
as w2w....

Real close though!!!
Keep after it....

rplogue7 09-03-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly (Post 1780345)
I think INT rulebook says....Lead foot crosses the lip of the second wake sc
as w2w....

Real close though!!!
Keep after it....


I think my lead foot did cross on landing

hillbilly 09-03-2012 2:12 PM

If so then CLAIM IT!!!!
Good Job....How did it feel?

joeshmoe 09-03-2012 3:05 PM

its kinda annoying when you case the wake, just a couple more inches and it will turn into a smooth landing

Raf1985 09-03-2012 3:42 PM

I think you cased it but it was close. Only you can be the judge of that, depending on how the landing feels. If it's a smooth landing then that's all that I would care about.

rplogue7 09-03-2012 5:27 PM

Admittedly I feel like if i kept my tip down i would of made it because i skipped off the crest of the lower part of the wake. For me this is big because I pretty much started wakeboarding this summer from basically no experience. Gunna go for 360's on the next outing, landed a few 1-wake 180s so we'll see.

wakebordr11 09-03-2012 8:39 PM

Do yourself a favor, get your technique down on real wake to wakes every time, toeside wake to wake, switch jumps and 180s wake to wake before trying 360s. You still flatten off a lot and your w2w needs work. Keep at it, you're close!

austin 09-04-2012 1:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raf1985 (Post 1780396)
I think you cased it but it was close. Only you can be the judge of that, depending on how the landing feels. If it's a smooth landing then that's all that I would care about.

I agree with this. If you come down with your center of gravity past the crest, then you will smoothly slide down the second wake. In my opinion, that counts even though in videos you may be able to clearly see the back of the board hitting inside the wake.

It's hard to tell from this video, but it does look like there is some significant shock/impact which would indicate the center of gravity was not far enough forward to result in a smooth landing. So judging solely by the video my guess/opinion would be that I probably wouldn't count it, but if it felt smooth to you then count it and don't listen to anyone else.

rplogue7 09-04-2012 2:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1780434)
Do yourself a favor, get your technique down on real wake to wakes every time, toeside wake to wake, switch jumps and 180s wake to wake before trying 360s. You still flatten off a lot and your w2w needs work. Keep at it, you're close!

Yeah bro I'm rushing the progression through September though! Fs 180s are down since I've gotten more board control switch, and working it in to a 2 wake sounds sketchy because If I knuckle it I don't know if I can keep control. Plus my sister tore her acl yesterday which is getting me gunshy a bit :/ I also strained my calf or something but should be good by this weekend.

brycejb328 09-04-2012 3:32 PM

a "legit" toeside should be of higher importance in your progression than working on other tricks.

rplogue7 09-05-2012 6:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brycejb328 (Post 1780634)
a "legit" toeside should be of higher importance in your progression than working on other tricks.

So quick question... This saturday.. Should I work at all on my hs fs 360s or just go for a more legit hs wake to wake then go ts wake to wake?

Raf1985 09-05-2012 7:20 PM

You should work on getting some toe/heel side pop before anything else.

wakebordr11 09-05-2012 7:44 PM

Post a video of your 360 attempts if you do try.

hillbilly 09-05-2012 9:24 PM

^^^^^Thats just mean!!!^^^^

but I will watch them.....lol

DatTexasBoy 09-06-2012 7:45 AM

If you are getting hurt trying the tricks you are doing now, WHY would you want to try something harder. If you can't ride switch comfortably and jump toeside, you should back up get your technique right, then progress.

Trust me, unless your getting lessons, my experience is that it take at least a year or two just to learn how to crash. I know this sounds funny, but you do learn how to crash easier.

Just my $.02

Bumpass1 09-06-2012 3:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy (Post 1781073)
If you are getting hurt trying the tricks you are doing now, WHY would you want to try something harder. If you can't ride switch comfortably and jump toeside, you should back up get your technique right, then progress.

Trust me, unless your getting lessons, my experience is that it take at least a year or two just to learn how to crash. I know this sounds funny, but you do learn how to crash easier.

Just my $.02

I agree. This is the best advice I have seen on this forum in years. You are never going to progress if you are getting banged up on crashes.

rplogue7 09-06-2012 5:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1781005)
Post a video of your 360 attempts if you do try.

i will :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:43 PM.