WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Ford F-150 Raptor (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793949)

wakekat15 06-15-2012 10:58 AM

Ford F-150 Raptor
 
2 Attachment(s)
Proud of my new truck & it looks great with the '09 SAN. This vehicle pulls like a dream w/a 6.2L and 411 hp engine....love it!!

06-15-2012 11:04 AM

Nice looking setup...ur SAN looks tiny in comparison to the G23s ive been around lol

Fourspeednup 06-15-2012 11:07 AM

Love the Raptors, congrats! Have several friends who have ditched their diesel F-250's for them and haven't looked back.

pickle311 06-15-2012 1:00 PM

Nice, I was seriously considering a Raptor for next year until I saw the fuel economy.

dukeno1 06-15-2012 4:29 PM

Awesome boat and truck! Just bought my first F150 (FX4) a couple of months ago and love it! The Raptors are badass...love the stance/width of them. Enjoy!

Shooter 06-15-2012 5:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickle311 (Post 1760316)
Nice, I was seriously considering a Raptor for next year until I saw the fuel economy.

Agreed...I heard they may put a ecoboost is the 2013...great power and 22mpg.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vt2e4w

06-15-2012 7:52 PM

i saw a black one and a white one today. the black is very menacing. cool trucks.

MattieK27 06-15-2012 8:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter (Post 1760350)
Agreed...I heard they may put a ecoboost is the 2013...great power and 22mpg.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vt2e4w

Where did you hear that? Like pickle311, I too stopped looking at them after I saw the fuel economy.

To the original poster, sweet truck. Congrats!

Jape 06-15-2012 9:52 PM

i just googled it and it seems like it could possibly happen

jperkinsttu 06-16-2012 5:55 AM

You wouldn't have near the power of the 6.2 if the put an ecoboost in it and it definitely wouldn't have the same mileage Being a bigger truck. Has anyone actually got 22mpg out of there's. My parents have one stock and drive straight highway miles and still only get a little over 18. I've got the 6.0 and it's hard to get used to coming from a diesel, but I still get 17mpg towing. I don't like the feeling that my truck is struggling at every hill even though it isn't I guess I miss the heavier axle and torque the most.

wakeboardingdad 06-16-2012 6:13 AM

They are great looking trucks and so is yours. First crew cab Raptor I have seen. Thought they were only extended for some reason.

Enjoy your new truck and the stares you get when they get passed by a "trophy truck" on the interstate. :)

dooski 06-16-2012 7:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jperkinsttu (Post 1760391)
You wouldn't have near the power of the 6.2 if the put an ecoboost in it and it definitely wouldn't have the same mileage Being a bigger truck. Has anyone actually got 22mpg out of there's. My parents have one stock and drive straight highway miles and still only get a little over 18. I've got the 6.0 and it's hard to get used to coming from a diesel, but I still get 17mpg towing. I don't like the feeling that my truck is struggling at every hill even though it isn't I guess I miss the heavier axle and torque the most.

Ecoboost and 6.2 have similar torque but the EB delivers the max torque at a more useable engine speed. The EB is better for towing.

Mileage depends on the package with the EB, mine is right around 20-21MPG on the freeway. A 2 wheel drive super cab with a 3.31 rear end will get better mileage than a 4 x 4 crew with a 3.73 rear end.

hyperlink 06-16-2012 9:00 AM

Im getting around 19 on hwy with my FX4 EB 3.73, My dad gets 14-16 hwy with his Raptor. The Raptor puts a smile on my face everytime I take it out and rip around, they are a ton of fun!

downfortheride 06-16-2012 12:59 PM

Dam it feels good to be gangster... Looking good Kat!

timmyb 06-17-2012 7:42 AM

SICK truck!!! Congrats! Those things are so sweet, who wouldn't love to have one...with free gas! LOL!

wakekat15 06-19-2012 5:57 AM

Thanks Everyone for the compliments!

It's getting 15 mpg on the highway and 10 mpg pulling the boat in an area that has lots of hills. It gets better gas mileage towing the boat than my '05 Yukon, so a small victory! Well, that and the fact that it pulls it effortlessly.

phatboypimp 06-19-2012 10:42 AM

Kat - Do not click on this link http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/62raptor800.html :)

Readyaimfire 06-19-2012 12:25 PM

Congrats on the truck. I got one of the first ones with a 6.2 engine. Ordered it and had to wait a few months at the beginning of 2010. Sickest truck I've ever had, blows my 08 chevy diesel away! Tows my Xstar like nothings even back there.

jarrod 06-19-2012 1:04 PM

your 6.2 gasser tows better than your Duramax did?

wakekat15 06-19-2012 1:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatboypimp (Post 1761041)
Kat - Do not click on this link http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/62raptor800.html :)

LOL, of course I didn't! ;-) That's a lot of horsepower, right there! Beautiful truck, but ugly warranty to go with it!

hatepain 06-19-2012 3:02 PM

Nice rig! They do tow great and are only limited by their suspension.

Readyaimfire 06-19-2012 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrod (Post 1761081)
your 6.2 gasser tows better than your Duramax did?

Maybe I shoulda clarified that. Tows about the same, obviously mileage is different. I meant that as a whole, the truck is by far a better vehicle. Meaning versatility, fit and finish, performance, etc.

Jape 06-19-2012 10:13 PM

Hey cat, sweet truck you have there. Quick question, do you have any problems with you boat lowering the rear end, I've read a few things about that, and people had to get a special hitch to level it out. Just curious cause I think this truck could be an option for me if they come out with an ecoboost.

wakekat15 06-20-2012 4:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jape (Post 1761261)
Hey cat, sweet truck you have there. Quick question, do you have any problems with you boat lowering the rear end, I've read a few things about that, and people had to get a special hitch to level it out. Just curious cause I think this truck could be an option for me if they come out with an ecoboost.

Great question 'cause I thought for sure I would need a 3" or 4" drop, but I didn't. As you can see in the pic, it's pretty darn level with just a 2" drop regular hitch.

Readyaimfire 06-20-2012 8:49 PM

I just use a normal drop hitch. Not too much sag in mine. No more than any other 1/2 ton anyway.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...s/IMG_1994.jpg

michridr69 06-22-2012 10:16 AM

LOL You guys are crazy!! My sisters 2012 raptor tows terrible, worst than a 6.2 escalade. If you go up a 6% incline it down shifts like 3 gears lol so enoying.

UNvisible 06-22-2012 10:42 AM

did that guy just say enoying ?

06-22-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michridr69 (Post 1762048)
LOL You guys are crazy!! My sisters 2012 raptor tows terrible, worst than a 6.2 escalade. If you go up a 6% incline it down shifts like 3 gears lol so enoying.

What the heck is ur sister driving a raptor for and what could she be towing??

So ur saying the escalade 6.2 tows like crap? Was looking into getting one.

06-22-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNvisible (Post 1762060)
did that guy just say enoying ?

Looks like he's from the state north of OH...IO :)

wakekat15 06-22-2012 6:30 PM

Perhaps there is a mechanical or operator issue....I have a 30% grade incline leaving my neighborhood and she pulls my SAN w/gear, lead weight, fuel full, etc right up that mini mountain just as smooth as can be. Maybe he meant to say "enjoying"! ;-)

kenv 06-22-2012 11:08 PM

Kat...what lake is that in the background? Nice truck by the way!!

wakekat15 06-23-2012 5:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenv (Post 1762217)
Kat...what lake is that in the background? Nice truck by the way!!

Lake Travis outside of Austin, TX. It's still 30' below normal due to the ongoing drought, but a great lake nonetheless. Thanks for the compliment on the truck!

michridr69 06-23-2012 7:19 AM

lol no not enjoying at all. The 6.2 escalade towed alot smother in the city driving, But hwy i just dont like all the downshifting gasers do. but when you drive a diesel everyday you cant really compare to much, prolly should of stayed out of this thread haha.

kenv 06-23-2012 3:27 PM

Yeah Kat....that's what I was thinking....Travis. I'm on Medina down in SA...we are 54 feet low with no end in sight. :( Again, that is by far the nicest Raptor I have seen yet, and like somene commented...the first crew cab Raptor I have seen also. Didn't know they were making a 4 door. Have a safe weekend, Ken

cwb4me 06-23-2012 4:43 PM

Great looking truck and boat combo Kat. Enjoy them both!

wakekat15 06-24-2012 6:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1762296)
Great looking truck and boat combo Kat. Enjoy them both!

Thanks, Robert!! Hope you are having a nice summer of riding!

nitrousbird 06-24-2012 10:56 AM

Hopefully you won't become another Raptor bent frame victom:

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=14208

sppeders 06-25-2012 7:44 AM

Kat, Sick... Sick.... Sick truck. I wish i had one.

This is a prime example of a thread where for some reason people feel the need to post negative stuff about some guys new toy.....I DON'T GET IT!!!!!

Shooter 06-25-2012 8:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sppeders (Post 1762502)
Kat, Sick... Sick.... Sick truck. I wish i had one.

This is a prime example of a thread where for some reason people feel the need to post negative stuff about some guys new toy.....I DON'T GET IT!!!!!

Welcome to the Internet. I haven't seen any comments i consider to be negative and I don't think anyone feels that that Raptor is not a sick truck. its just a discussion on the Raptor. That is what I would want if I was the original poster. WW isn't the best place to find a strokefest

wakekat15 06-25-2012 1:18 PM

Lol, McGavin...true that! Not what I was looking for anyway!

Thanks, Steven! I know how well the truck performs pulling my SAN through the hills of Spicewood, TX w/500 lbs of lead + gear + fuel, etc and I'm loving the performance!

All feedback is welcomed, as I definitely wouldn't have known about the bent frame issue. I'm not an off-roader pushing the truck to the limits, but at least know to watch for issues in this area thanks to this thread!

nitrousbird 06-25-2012 2:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakekat15 (Post 1762632)
Lol, McGavin...true that! Not what I was looking for anyway!

Thanks, Steven! I know how well the truck performs pulling my SAN through the hills of Spicewood, TX w/500 lbs of lead + gear + fuel, etc and I'm loving the performance!

All feedback is welcomed, as I definitely wouldn't have known about the bent frame issue. I'm not an off-roader pushing the truck to the limits, but at least know to watch for issues in this area thanks to this thread!

I wouldn't be all that comfortable owning it without doing the aftermarket upgrades to relocate the bump stops. Seems like cheap insurance - never know what can happen. I do think how Ford handled it is appalling - an obvious design flaw they knew about and it should have been corrected by now.

Readyaimfire 06-25-2012 2:58 PM

Yeah, I have heard the bent frame rumblings over on the raptorforumz... Lots of good info over there. This truck is not a trophy truck! If u treat it that way, it will break. But, u can have a very fun time offlroad with it. Having a good relationship with your dealer is very important. They will warrantee these trucks if you break them offload. I've had mine for over 2 years and haven't had an issues.

kskonn 06-29-2012 3:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michridr69 (Post 1762238)
lol no not enjoying at all. The 6.2 escalade towed alot smother in the city driving, But hwy i just dont like all the downshifting gasers do. but when you drive a diesel everyday you cant really compare to much, prolly should of stayed out of this thread haha.

My escalade towed pretty well, however I kept my Diesel around for heavy towing. I now have an F150 with the Ecoboost, I will say that the Ecoboost engine tows as close to a diesel as I have ever seen out of a gasser. It produces 425 ftlb at 2000 rpm, so mine really does not down shift much. I can cruise at 70 on the highway with my boat without ever going below 5th gear, very rarely coming out of 6th.

I don't know if a gas will ever truly compare to a diesel, but this engine comes as close as possible from any I have driven.

srock 08-27-2012 7:09 AM

I cannot figure out why the ecoboost engine is not available in the Raptor. It's got that nice low end torque curve and the engine overall HP and Torque are not that much different plus the fuel economy is better. What am I missing.

LD50 08-27-2012 1:20 PM

The ecoboost isn't available for several reason. The first of which is that there would be little to no improvement in fuel economy once your figure the fact that this truck run 35" tires and weighs about 300 pounds more that an equivalent non-Raptor F150. The other issue is the steering pump. The ecoboost runs an electric pump and assembly. It wouldn't be up to the specs that this truck is design for and once again the 35" tires. There would be too much development cost to retrofit the ecoboost for what is in reality a low volume truck.

srock 08-28-2012 6:07 AM

I guess the ecoboost works pretty hard to push a heavy truck along. Add 4 wheel drive and some larger rubber and its going to suck fuel. Ecoboost specs looks great on a light 2 wheel drive truck. I wonder if they will last.

runin90lx 08-28-2012 7:11 AM

Do any of you run a programmer or chip on your raptor? We have a 2011 Harley edition with a 6" lift and 35's. We only get about 13 mpg on highway without towing the boat. I have been thinking about adding something to try and get a little better when wr tow. I used to use my work truck(2011 dodge 2400 w/cummins) but the bosses recently changed our policy on that due to insurance reasons.

petrey10 08-28-2012 7:24 AM

i lol'd at the guy saying his raptor tows better than his duarmax......... duramax would get better mileage and tow more easily..... give me a break


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:00 PM.