WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Link needed to the Lon story. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793793)

suprafly08 06-07-2012 10:03 AM

Link needed to the Lon story.
 
I've seen it referenced here a few times, and I get the gist. But I want to see the original thread so I can read about it and maybe see some pics.

Sorry to bring up a sore subject Lon!!!

I gotsta know tho!

jayson_49 06-07-2012 10:11 AM

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780094

have fun!

06-07-2012 10:54 AM

Thats great...i just read 11 pages of that thread on my iphone and still dont know if this LON dude actually existed or was a troll lol

boomshot 06-07-2012 11:41 AM

Does it strike anyone else as kind of communally douche'y that we had a flipping 6 page thread going to town on one dude?
Dipstick or not, it was still one dude. In retrospect that was a huge pig-pile. I don't even remember if I had any part in it but if I did I kind of feel bad now.

One dude vs WakeWorld.
WakeWorld won. Is anyone surprised?

Tucker_McElroy 06-07-2012 11:55 AM

Don't you know.. wakeworld is only for cool people that go along with everyone else, if you have your own opinion or one that differs from others you will be attacked. When you try to defend yourself you will then be ridiculed and made fun of.

True democracy - mob rule! Now pardon me, I have to get back to my thread where I try to decide if I am going to trade my Correct Craft for a Mastercraft...

Elliottsx80 06-07-2012 12:07 PM

ive almost sunk my x80 twice! last summer when one off the rudders fell out, and there was a 1 inch hole in the bottom of the boat. then last weekend one of my shaft seals was leaking a little, thought no big deal. but after 5 hours at party cove and 20 people on the boat i noticed it setting a little low, swim deck about a foot under water. so flipped on the bilges, and nothing. by the time we got it loaded water was up to the spark plugs on both motors. had to pull the paddle wheel assembly out to drain it. since the x80 doesnt have drain plugs. ****ty deal

boomshot 06-07-2012 12:10 PM

A WHAT FOR A WHAT? YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

Whatever. I am often a pig pile target because I seem to be the only person who is comfortable reminding people about how they bought Tige boats and went around telling everyone around them they are good boats K BYEEEE!!

jhartt3 06-07-2012 12:15 PM

Get an MB... Jk... couldnt pass it up

06-07-2012 12:17 PM

^^^thats what I was thinking too? A what for a what lol. Not the dang MB thing

Jk

simplej 06-07-2012 3:25 PM

Lol @boomshot

I laugh at your hatred of TIGE, i highly doubt the president of any of your favorite brands would ask you to their factory personally. After your PMS fueled belly aching about the whole brand and having the man himself, Rick corell, invite you all expenses paid to the factory, and you foolishly turn down that opportunity, I would certainly keep my mouth shut about the brand. If anyone offered me an expense paid wakeboard vacation I would certainly take it especially if it was on a company that i hated dollar...Why didnt you?!?! Foolish. Now that's the truth...boom.

And no I don't feel bad. Stupidity and ignorance deserve it, clearly it's only bliss if you don't mention it in a public forum.

kstateskier 06-07-2012 7:04 PM

The mocking "get an MB" is now as played out as the original MB posts.

brett564 06-07-2012 11:28 PM

Look likes someone should get an MB...

boomshot 06-08-2012 3:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1758252)
Lol @boomshot

I laugh at your hatred of TIGE, i highly doubt the president of any of your favorite brands would ask you to their factory personally. After your PMS fueled belly aching about the whole brand and having the man himself, Rick corell, invite you all expenses paid to the factory, and you foolishly turn down that opportunity, I would certainly keep my mouth shut about the brand. If anyone offered me an expense paid wakeboard vacation I would certainly take it especially if it was on a company that i hated dollar...Why didnt you?!?! Foolish. Now that's the truth...boom.

And no I don't feel bad. Stupidity and ignorance deserve it, clearly it's only bliss if you don't mention it in a public forum.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with how few f**ks I give. As for Tige's offer for that airplane ride, a nice gesture, but still not a single f**k was given on that day. Quit your snivling, sweet-****. At least I paid the guy some respect and thanked him. Just because you wanted me to go on that man-baby Disney Dream Vacation doesn't mean I did. Why don't you go to the factory and come back tellling us how amazing, incredible, awe-inspiring, and revolutionary they are. Don't forget to write your trip review in advance though (more time for the gift shop HOLLAAA!).

simplej 06-08-2012 4:10 AM

Oh you has zero f**ks? You must be so revolutionary, such a fresh of breath air, something needed for this message board...If ANY boat company asked me all expenses paid to ride a bunch brand new 20-24 foot boats and watch how they were built I would, but since you're closed minded and stubborn, you didn't, do you even wakeboard? Cause that sounds like a pretty awesome free weekend to a wakeboarder.... Man baby Disney vacation? Im pretty sure it was your disney worthy, man baby whining performance that got you the invite...

Oh well enough said, no run along and play, the rest of wakeworld needs to pot stir and point out the idiocracy of half of these threads.

tn_rider 06-08-2012 5:23 AM

Agreed i wound have taken the trip as well, I'm guessing you got an inboard as soon as you started wakeboarding and didn't have to start small like most of the rest of us. Any wakeboarder who actually gives a $hit about the sport would have had his/her bags packed that day. I'm sure the pres. of Tige was actually happy to see you turn the trip down after seeing your attitude.

boomshot 06-08-2012 5:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplej (Post 1758384)
Oh you has zero f**ks? You must be so revolutionary, such a fresh of breath air, something needed for this message board...If ANY boat company asked me all expenses paid to ride a bunch brand new 20-24 foot boats and watch how they were built I would, but since you're closed minded and stubborn, you didn't, do you even wakeboard? Cause that sounds like a pretty awesome free weekend to a wakeboarder.... Man baby Disney vacation? Im pretty sure it was your disney worthy, man baby whining performance that got you the invite...

Oh well enough said, no run along and play, the rest of wakeworld needs to pot stir and point out the idiocracy of half of these threads.

Yeah it did sound neat. Couldn't do it for various reasons. It was a generous offer to a pretty gregarious critic of Tige, which I admit to being. I have my reasons and have stated them explicitly here. I also admit this has been by far their best year so let's see if the tide turns for them. If I were offered a man-baby Disney Dream Vacation to CC, MC, Skier's Choice, Malibu, MB, Sanger, or Epic hq, by God I would have taken it. Peace out.

jaybee 06-08-2012 6:10 AM

Wait a minute. If we talk sh*t about TIGE we get an all expense paid trip to the factory. TIGES SUCK!!!!! JK, rode the new Z3 last weekend and all I can say is that wake is BEEFY, and I was only riding at 50% ballast. It was the first time I had been behind a TIGE and I gotta say I was quite impressed.

boomshot 06-08-2012 6:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybee (Post 1758405)
Wait a minute. If we talk sh*t about TIGE we get an all expense paid trip to the factory. TIGES SUCK!!!!! JK, rode the new Z3 last weekend and all I can say is that wake is BEEFY, and I was only riding at 50% ballast. It was the first time I had been behind a TIGE and I gotta say I was quite impressed.

Only if you count "talk s#it" as recounting specific experiences while running three boats at the same time (3, three, tres, three). I am so sick of talking about what my experiences were, or even reliving them. God, I am even sick of hearing from me - it's that repetitive. Only when someone brings up a very specific model or year range will I say a frigging word going forward, and even that will be simply one rider helping another, not "brand murder" like some of you guys talk about it - as if Tige is your last name.

kirk 06-08-2012 8:37 AM

How about RyanXstar back from the dead....


http://web.archive.org/web/200504240...tml?1112730185

06-08-2012 9:15 AM

^^^ this is just pure awesome. Should take up a bit of my Friday afternoon before I leave the office

FunkyBunch 06-08-2012 9:33 AM

Dave

We need a where are they now Wake World edition. Hook that up.:D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:58 AM.