WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   All is Unvield? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792487)

jillyjam 03-29-2012 9:12 AM

All is Unvield?
 
Saw this mag on the table and snapped a couple pics from my phone.

03-29-2012 9:15 AM

Lol no sh**!!

simplej 03-29-2012 9:18 AM

Welp that's it thats all folks.

Texan 03-29-2012 9:22 AM

Nice, that thing does look sick.

migs 03-29-2012 9:25 AM

HOLY S***!!!
that thing loooks sick!!!!!!

tyler97217 03-29-2012 9:25 AM

Wow.... wonder how fast this will get pulled...... Pickle fork huh? Wish you could read the text....

ryoder 03-29-2012 9:26 AM

Dang. it looks sick! Looks to be a lot wider than the 230.. correct me if im wrong.

sippi 03-29-2012 9:27 AM

Its the new super air nauti-mali-axi-craft!!! I'm disappointed.

migs 03-29-2012 9:30 AM

looks wider & taller

ShawnB 03-29-2012 9:31 AM

Looks like a Tige. I suppose the color helps make that connection in my mind, though.

Overall, very nice.

Texan 03-29-2012 9:37 AM

No fork just a snub nose as expected. But it sounds like a new LINE of boats, wonder what lengths will be offered. So the pointed nose and normal Super Air line may still be around?

Pictures are pictures gotta know the details to get a feel for what was changed.

mikeporter2000 03-29-2012 9:37 AM

Looks nice, but pretty standard. I really hope there is something new in terms of large wake generation, or at least a ballast system where we don't have to add another 2000 pounds of bags to. Even setting it up to the point where I don't need to add any additional ballast would be impressive. I can't believe they let the cat out of the bag!

migs 03-29-2012 9:37 AM

hopefully will be pulling the wake games.

tuneman 03-29-2012 9:49 AM

Look at the rear bottom of the hull in the third pic. That's not normal.

lionel 03-29-2012 10:00 AM

1 tracking fin?

Zaphino 03-29-2012 10:07 AM

She looka lika Moomba.

wakeworld 03-29-2012 10:12 AM

Sorry to be a party pooper, but Nautique asked me to take the pics down and since they own the pics, we have to do so.

timmyb 03-29-2012 10:16 AM

HAHAHA! Hilarious that Nautique is pizzed that someone scooped them!

Zaphino 03-29-2012 10:19 AM

I'm soooooo naughty. Here they are in Team Talk:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...d=1#post826154

timmyb 03-29-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaphino (Post 1740561)
I'm soooooo naughty. Here they are in Team Talk:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...d=1#post826154

Now post them on your own website and wait for them to come after you! :D

Zaphino 03-29-2012 10:57 AM

MasterCraft's Team Talk deleted my thread....nutz.

Here are the links:

http://i40.tinypic.com/5xtout.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/t8ooxl.jpg

boomshot 03-29-2012 11:04 AM

Please repost!!!

ripr 03-29-2012 11:07 AM

Not gonna lie, that boat looks tight. HUGE freeboard = more room for sub floor ballast. Modified bow, 23' plus feet....me likey.

Unfortunately, I'll never be able to afford it. C'mon mega millions!

boomshot 03-29-2012 11:22 AM

I don't really like it at first glance. Also..... way more importantly..... god they must be so pissed off.

sidekicknicholas 03-29-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

..... god they must be so pissed off.
I saw it allll over my facebook this morning ( thats where I pulled my photos from)... if they didn't want it leaked, a magazine was a strange place to put it

shawndoggy 03-29-2012 11:26 AM

ooopsie.

MUNS 03-29-2012 11:27 AM

yeah, I wonder if they'll advertise in transworld again. Way to go kevco!

boomshot 03-29-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas (Post 1740604)
I saw it allll over my facebook this morning ( thats where I pulled my photos from)... if they didn't want it leaked, a magazine was a strange place to put it

Good point. I still think it was a mistake. And very dumb to put it in a magazine pre flight print run.

sidekicknicholas 03-29-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Sorry to be a party pooper, but Nautique asked me to take the pics down and since they own the pics, we have to do so.
Sorry David !!! I didn't see this before I posted mine!... and passed the edit time limit.

I'm sorry!

03-29-2012 11:31 AM

I don't like the windsheild. Other than that it looks alright.

simplej 03-29-2012 11:35 AM

It looks like a TIGE with a malibu windshield to me.

But then again both of those brands are sick looking so I'm in no way complaining.

sidekicknicholas 03-29-2012 11:36 AM

Bow looks huge and engine/rear area looks very short.... which is okay with me, I always felt there was a lot of prime real estate wasted on the length of the engine bay.

steezin4noreason 03-29-2012 11:40 AM

Its hard to see the style lines and contours of the boat from these pictures but from what I can see I think it looks SICK! Now I'm even more interested to check out the webcast of their launch. Can't wait to get the full skinny.

migs 03-29-2012 11:45 AM

i wanna see it next to the 230 to see how big it really is. Just from those pics - i looks like its going to dwarf the 230 which is already huge.

Txjole 03-29-2012 11:51 AM

Rumor mill is jumping about legal action, being the mag the pic was taken from is not released went. Drama Drama Drama.

boomshot 03-29-2012 11:54 AM

It really does look like a Tige.

NauTige

This is so not what I wanted or what I was hoping for and I am disappointed.

NauTige.

Ugh.

501s 03-29-2012 11:55 AM

Did the tag scanner in the ad work?

boomshot 03-29-2012 11:57 AM

I am not surprised to hear about the legal situation. This is bad bad bad.
No matter who saw it on Facebook or whatever, this chaps their ass - to be clear.
No way the early picture should have gotten out, someone is in trouble and they'll be able to find the source.
Drama drama drama is right.

chattwake 03-29-2012 12:03 PM

Wow. The more I think about this. Wow. Imagine being the guy who orgainzed the whole unveiling tomorrow. I bet he feels like someone upper cut him in the balls like Ryu from streetfighter.

Txjole 03-29-2012 12:04 PM

Yep someone is about to be knee deep in legal fees.

Bakes 03-29-2012 12:05 PM

"Looks like a tige"

Except that the Tige looks a lot better

sidekicknicholas 03-29-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Wow. The more I think about this. Wow. Imagine being the guy who orgainzed the whole unveiling tomorrow. I bet he feels like someone upper cut him in the balls like Ryu from streetfighter.
Maybe this was the plan all along.... build up suspense for "The Big Day".... leak the stuff yourself the day before to cause more buzz before your big event. Double the "launch event" and just give people the taste you want them to have.
Going for the reaction in this post exactly:
Quote:

Its hard to see the style lines and contours of the boat from these pictures but from what I can see I think it looks SICK! Now I'm even more interested to check out the webcast of their launch. Can't wait to get the full skinny.

shawndoggy 03-29-2012 12:07 PM

Well, on the bright side, it looks like there is really a boat (xstar? are you there xstar?). Jillyjam has some interesting reveal posts in "her" post history over the years too....

durty_curt 03-29-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas (Post 1740604)
I saw it allll over my facebook this morning ( thats where I pulled my photos from)... if they didn't want it leaked, a magazine was a strange place to put it

How is it all over your facebook? Someone had to post them on there...

shawndoggy 03-29-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas (Post 1740644)
Maybe this was the plan all along.... build up suspense for "The Big Day".... leak the stuff yourself the day before to cause more buzz before your big event. Double the "launch event" and just give people the taste you want them to have.
Going for the reaction in this post exactly:

Or maybe this is the decoy reveal, just like mastercraft did with the early roll out of the xstar to throw everyone off their game?

03-29-2012 12:08 PM

So this jilljam person put it out on this thread. I then took what I saw, as I see others did and may have reposted elsewhere since it was already out.

Am I in trouble??

aarond0083 03-29-2012 12:08 PM

Legal action is stupid. If CC wanted the boat that locked down and secret then the pictures should have never went to a magazine before the unveiling.

aarond0083 03-29-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr (Post 1740649)
So this jilljam person put it out on this thread. I then took what I saw, as I see others did and may have reposted elsewhere since it was already out.

Am I in trouble??

No.

sidekicknicholas 03-29-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

How is it all over your facebook? Someone had to post them on there...
The photos I posted (again, sorry David), I pulled from facebook, I had seen them reposted by 3 different people there.... once something hits facebook/twitter its a wildfire.

Quote:

Or maybe this is the decoy reveal, just like mastercraft did with the early roll out of the xstar to throw everyone off their game?
Thats what I am thinking, 1000+ views in less than 3 hours on wakeworld... not to shabby.

durty_curt 03-29-2012 12:11 PM

That tower is fugly! It looks like a spray painted coat hangers bent from each side

stepintoliquid 03-29-2012 12:19 PM

I'm kinda diggin it. I have had pictures of it for a couple weeks now and it's really growing on me. Can't wait to ride behind it, that will be the ultimate test. It looks absolutely MASSIVE and the wake pictures look very promising!

boomshot 03-29-2012 12:20 PM

If it is a decoy reveal... then it is the best thing in wake boat advertising that ever happened.

If it is not, and my heart says this is in fact real, then I already fail to see how this is a wakeboarding revolution. Which is exactly why these companies want to control the message on these things. I am a long time Correct Craft die-hard and I am already very disappointed. This is just a big boat. A big Tige clone almost. I'm awestruck.

ripr 03-29-2012 12:25 PM

I heard production starts in May (limited)...we'll get one in June/July in Chicago. Full production the following model year.

shawndoggy 03-29-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomshot (Post 1740661)
If it is a decoy reveal... then it is the best thing in wake boat advertising that ever happened.

If it is not, and my heart says this is in fact real, then I already fail to see how this is a wakeboarding revolution. Which is exactly why these companies want to control the message on these things. I am a long time Correct Craft die-hard and I am already very disappointed. This is just a big boat. A big Tige clone almost. I'm awestruck.

LOL I was joking about the decoy reveal. Like they are just sitting on tens of thousands of dollars to mock up ads on a fake boat? C'mon. That's the boat.

smylie 03-29-2012 12:28 PM

I don't really think that it leaking early is that big of a deal. The majority of the people who will buy this boat do not even use these message boards.
How many people do you see out on the lake with x-stars/230's/VLXs that only tube or water ski behind them? Most of the sales of these boats are to people who just have a lot of money and want a "cool" boat to have.
I think that its cool that us "wakeworlders" who actually care about new boats got to see it before the general public.

my .02

kybool 03-29-2012 12:30 PM

Sure hope this wasn't intended to change any games, other than the one Nautique has been playing w this bogus release.

wakereviews 03-29-2012 12:38 PM

it's certainly too early to pass any judgement on whether or not this is a game change after only a few leaked pics. Let's give CC a chance to tell us what they've done with this boat on the 31st. I think it looks very cool.

sidekicknicholas 03-29-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Like they are just sitting on tens of thousands of dollars to mock up ads on a fake boat? C'mon. That's the boat.
Thats why the darn thing costs so much.


I think that is the boat 100%, but the "leaked" photos might have been Nautique leaking them to get people excited.... I never meant a fake boat, just a fake "leaked" photo thing right before the real launch

durty_curt 03-29-2012 12:41 PM

Other than most of it's fugliness, one thing that caught my eye was the tip of the bow. I know nautiques always have that over sized ring at the tip(for hoisting) practically consuming any good stepping on/off point you had. I looking closely in one of the pics it LOOKS like that ring is retractable like the pull out cleats or the tub line at the back of the boats for that matter. KUDOS if I'm assuming correctly

steezin4noreason 03-29-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomshot (Post 1740661)
If it is a decoy reveal... then it is the best thing in wake boat advertising that ever happened.

If it is not, and my heart says this is in fact real, then I already fail to see how this is a wakeboarding revolution. Which is exactly why these companies want to control the message on these things. I am a long time Correct Craft die-hard and I am already very disappointed. This is just a big boat. A big Tige clone almost. I'm awestruck.

I see your point but we still haven't seen the most important part of the boat.....the hull bottom. As a wakeboarder, I am more concerned with the wake and less concerned with what boat it does or does not look like. I don't think it's fair to make that statement just yet. Still need a closer look at it. No seating configuration or bow shape is going to be game changing to me.......It's all about the wake.

shawndoggy 03-29-2012 12:45 PM

I'm surprised we haven't seen the stampede of "MB-sized-swimpad-how-can-my-ho's-party-on-that" haters yet.

boomshot 03-29-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smylie (Post 1740669)
I don't really think that it leaking early is that big of a deal. The majority of the people who will buy this boat do not even use these message boards.
How many people do you see out on the lake with x-stars/230's/VLXs that only tube or water ski behind them? Most of the sales of these boats are to people who just have a lot of money and want a "cool" boat to have.
I think that its cool that us "wakeworlders" who actually care about new boats got to see it before the general public.

my .02

I think this getting leaked is a very big deal actually. It has to be a blow and a bummer which prevents them from really getting to 'squeeze off' on saturday like they planned to. I guarantee they are rips**t at the audacity of someone posting this publicly.

They never do 'sneak peek' stuff and police their press carefully. They are upset, I am positive.

lionel 03-29-2012 12:52 PM

Good, bad or indifferent. I think it's great marketing. I can't remember so much hype about a boat. Now leaked photos?! Brilliant. It's like Car and Driver or Motortrend. The only thing better is if the boat had all that black bra stuff all over it so you can't really see the lines.....:)

Dear Nautique: roll with it. A lot more to be revealed in 2 days. Give us another carrot tomorrow! I'm sure we'll still be talking about it 3/30, 3/31, 6/31 and 1/31/2013 at the boat show, etc...!!

smylie 03-29-2012 12:54 PM

I'm sure they are upset, I would be too. But think of the big picture. 80% of the buyers of this boat will not know about this boat until it shows up at a dealer and they see it there.

migs 03-29-2012 1:07 PM

i think this leak - just bumpped up viewership for sat by ALOT.

tdc_worm 03-29-2012 1:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txjole (Post 1740639)
Yep someone is about to be knee deep in legal fees.

with the burden of proof resting on the plaintiff, on what grounds do you suppose CC will attempt to prove the "leaker" is pecuniary liable for their loss?

before they do that, CC has to build a case that there was loss (financial or otherwise) for something they have already announced. if they can pull that off, its going to be tough to assign a dollar amount to it. In this case, perhaps, they could recover their advertising costs for this one issue alone?

as for the rest of the pictures remaining up, i am sure that david could pull them at any time, but it is my understanding that pictures of copyrighted stuff are not subject to copyright laws if there is not monetary gain.... david could profit from them being on his website as it creates more traffic, and i am sure he doesnt want to lose advertising dollars from CC, so they will probably get snatched soon....

i suspect that "knee deep legal fees" is quite the exaggeration...

adam_balon 03-29-2012 1:49 PM

the pics have already hit the net. who cares. cc should just let them float around. the worst thing they could do is get some customer negativity and bad hype going............

as for a law suit..... give me a break.....its a boat, you paid and ran an ad in a magazine that releases pre-copies..... they should have been proactive and got wbm to black out the ad.

i think the boat looks good. the tower is not my favorite.... but im sure it will be fine.

as for game changing....... no.

Texan 03-29-2012 2:14 PM

All this... Oh I"m dissapointed.... How is this a game changer... It looks like that other boat..... waaaaa, I wanted a hovercraft that generated an air wake.

Goodness people what did you expect, it looks like a 230 that got fat and had it's nose stomped on. You've seen cell phone pics of a grainy magazine add from 3 angles. You have no idea the engine specs, the seating layout, the dash, instruments, ballast, stereo options, or anything that makes this thing an actual wake boat.

The cat is far from out of the bag.

tdc_worm 03-29-2012 2:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan (Post 1740727)
All this... Oh I"m dissapointed.... How is this a game changer... It looks like that other boat..... waaaaa, I wanted a hovercraft that generated an air wake.

Goodness people what did you expect, it looks like a 230 that got fat and had it's nose stomped on. You've seen cell phone pics of a grainy magazine add from 3 angles. You have no idea the engine specs, the seating layout, the dash, instruments, ballast, stereo options, or anything that makes this thing an actual wake boat.

The cat is far from out of the bag.

if you havent clued in to the fact that choosing a wakeboard boat is a matter of vanity. image is everything on the water...

mhunter 03-29-2012 2:17 PM

They are calling it a G23 that sounds like its a 23' boat . I was told the boat that is to be revealed on Sat is not a 23'boat? Still just as interesting as before for me.

Texan 03-29-2012 2:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1740733)
They are calling it a G23 that sounds like its a 23' boat . I was told the boat that is to be revealed on Sat is not a 23'boat? Still just as interesting as before for me.

The actually writing denoted a new "Batch" / "Wave" of "Boats" plural. The one in the add was the G23. Not to say that's is THE or The only boat being shown this weekend.

slowwwflowww 03-29-2012 2:26 PM

Why can't i see the pics don't see anything to click on!!

slowwwflowww 03-29-2012 2:28 PM

Oh i get it now didn't read far enough:o

durty_curt 03-29-2012 3:00 PM

I saved my share of pics onto my computer before the inevitable happened

Anfan1 03-29-2012 7:24 PM

Sweet boat....represents a significant change for Nautique which I have always considered to be a boat designed with classic lines. Now they have a great looking, modern age boat! Hope the doctors and lawyers snatch them up in large numbers so I can pick a used one up in a few years!

cwb4me 03-29-2012 7:57 PM

Sorry but i don't see the Tige resemblance.It looks most like the Mojo.I would agree it was time for a update.Only time will tell if it's what the public wants.Game changing,that's just advertising hype.All the Manufacturers would say there new boat is game changing.

migs 03-29-2012 8:06 PM

The "game" is wakeboarding. If that wake is as big as it looks in the vids and picks. They just changed the game. That's real talk, not just words.

docdrs 03-29-2012 8:18 PM

Its all good advertising for them. They would have asked for the thread to be deleted if it was a big problem. The more talk the more advert for them. Taking the pics away just makes for more advert. Its all just a shell game. Its all good but really , is this going to help me perfect inverts or is this just going to cause a lot more hurt slamming down from 15ft as opposed to 10ft for the average guy.

kenv 03-29-2012 8:27 PM

Maybe..just maybe....on Saturday....we will see a 23 AND a 25 footer......:)

johnny_defacto 03-29-2012 9:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenv (Post 1740840)
Maybe..just maybe....on Saturday....we will see a 23 AND a 25 footer......:)

thats the rumor...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:14 PM.