WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Mega Millions - $500M (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792476)

phatboypimp 03-28-2012 4:02 PM

Mega Millions - $500M
 
I have always felt that the Lottery was a tax on the stupid but I couldn't resist. Biggest payout potential of all time. Who is with me?

load 03-28-2012 4:09 PM

Sorry I'm gonna win!

worth a shot, I only buy them when its a big payout.

03-28-2012 4:16 PM

Yep. I'm in for sure.

grant_west 03-28-2012 4:44 PM

Yea Gonna Get my Lotto On how much did you spend on tickets ???

norcalrider 03-28-2012 5:06 PM

Odds are 1 in 175,711,536 chance so you would have to buy a lot of tickets to increase your odds. I stick with $1 just for the hell of it.

phatboypimp 03-28-2012 5:34 PM

Logically norcalrider is right but I bought 100 tickets. 100x improvement in my feeble mind.

durty_curt 03-28-2012 5:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatboypimp (Post 1740382)
Logically norcalrider is right but I bought 100 tickets. 100x improvement in my feeble mind.

i thought i was pushing it buying $10! damn you being 10 times more likely!!

phatboypimp 03-28-2012 5:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durty_curt (Post 1740383)
i thought i was pushing it buying $10! damn you being 10 times more likely!!

That's right baby......I am all in.

BCPMike0663 03-28-2012 10:06 PM

I have bought 20 tickets for the last two drawings. I will buy 20 more this week. I am in a Vegas airport as I write this and I must say any gambling besides poker is just lighting money on fire unless you are playing poker. But it sure is fun.

stepintoliquid 03-29-2012 1:09 PM

I'm all in, I wonder how much I can buy Radar lake for after I win....

sippi 03-29-2012 1:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalrider (Post 1740375)
Odds are 1 in 175,711,536 chance so you would have to buy a lot of tickets to increase your odds. I stick with $1 just for the hell of it.

So you're sayin there's a chance!!!

norcalrider 03-29-2012 2:36 PM

I'm with the author and going to start hitting on super models... http://gizmodo.com/5897509/a-list-of...llion-tomorrow

bigdtx 03-29-2012 3:03 PM

I gots mines! 5 bucks worth.
When I win I'll go Doug Hansen on all yall's asses.

bmr850 03-29-2012 4:23 PM

im in a office pool to win it! 28 people in it and we have 85 tickets. come on friday night at 11!!

jon4pres 03-29-2012 6:07 PM

I flushed $2 tonight. You never know. I only play the lottery when I hear about it being super big(I would be surprised if I have spent over $50 in my life). I have never won anything. One time I had 1 number correct.

durty_curt 03-30-2012 11:06 AM

Jackpot is now up to 640 million :o
Heard on the radio somebody reported that a lady bought over $2600 worth of lotto tickets

scotthons 03-30-2012 11:15 AM

I saw somewhere that an NBA rookie bought $10,000 worth. I have to admit I purchased $5 worth. You never know...

sippi 03-30-2012 11:31 AM

So i know that if i won i'd spend the majority of my time on the water, question is what boat would you buy and what would you do to it (speakers and such)? i would say what would you buy if you won it, but i don't feel like reading books upon books of all the crap people would buy, so since this is wakeworld, what boat and what would you do with it?

buffalow 03-30-2012 11:34 AM

What west coast time, when is the draw?

03-30-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffalow (Post 1740983)
What west coast time, when is the draw?

8 pm

03-30-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sippi (Post 1740981)
So i know that if i won i'd spend the majority of my time on the water, question is what boat would you buy and what would you do to it (speakers and such)? i would say what would you buy if you won it, but i don't feel like reading books upon books of all the crap people would buy, so since this is wakeworld, what boat and what would you do with it?

Forget about buying a boat. How about buying a boat manufacturer? LOL

jon4pres 03-30-2012 12:09 PM

Does anyone know how much of the money from the ticket actually goes to the jackpot?

I am thinking about all of the money that people have thrown away to make this jackpot.

I wish you all luck. If I win I am buying a new boat, a couple cool cars, and building a lakehouse. Then next week I will be back to work with dad on the ranch covered in cow crap not because I need to to pay my bills but because I want to. I don't think that 600 million dollars could really make my life that much better.

skull 03-30-2012 12:12 PM

I have never bought a lottery ticket in my life but.... I am thinking about buying $5 worth just for the heck ot it. Can you buy these at any 7-11?

sippi 03-30-2012 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperbet (Post 1740994)
Forget about buying a boat. How about buying a boat manufacturer? LOL

Good call! how about this though, i don't need a whole manufacturer, i just want the rights to the old 210 hull, stretch it out about 1.5 ft, make it nice on the inside with some awesome speakers put it on a nice trailer, make a ton of them and sell them to everybody who wants one for about 20K or just give a bunch of them a way to the charity "who wants a wakeboard boat on wakeworld" and right it off on my taxes. so if one of ya'll win, do this and give me one of the boats, since i'm in MS and can't get tickets :(

wakereviews 03-30-2012 1:48 PM

Just bought mine online... 10 bucks worth. Would be awesome if a WW'er won. We should have done a wakeworld lottery pool.

c5dagand 03-30-2012 2:36 PM

I need a buy a ticket. I know the chances of winning are slim but I guess you can win without playing. I would buy a brand new Malibu if I win the lottery.

nauty 03-30-2012 2:37 PM

I threw $6 into our office pool. I didn't join the pool because I really think we'll win, it was more of a $6 peace of mind insurance payment that should our office pool hit the jackpot, I won't be the only idiot coming to work on Monday morning. I can't think of many worse feelings than knowing all of your co-workers are millionaires who are quitting their jobs and you still have to come into the office for the next 20 years because you were too cheap to throw $6 in the pot. That would SUCK!!!!

It was well worth my $6 to have some peace of mind...... that and the thought that I could pocket $8.8 mill for my trouble :)

migs 03-30-2012 4:32 PM

ill be buying the G23 STAT!! hahahahaha

Plus a phat house in Disco with the G23, SAN230, MALI LSV, VLX, STAR, MY 210 and that Z48 Offshore all on my dock.!!!!!!

:D

scbrips 03-30-2012 4:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sippi (Post 1741025)
i don't need a whole manufacturer, i just want the rights to the old 210 hull, stretch it out about 1.5 ft, make it nice on the inside with some awesome speakers put it on a nice trailer, make a ton of them and sell them to everybody who wants one for about 20K or just give a bunch of them a way to the charity "who wants a wakeboard boat on wakeworld" and right it off on my taxes.

Haha! Love this idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sippi (Post 1740662)
So you're sayin there's a chance!!!

Wait a minute! What was all that 1 in 175,711,536 talk?!?

jon4pres 03-30-2012 5:04 PM

I just heard this.

The chance of winning the lottery is 1 in 175 million.
The chance of dating a super model is 1 in 800 thousand.

But the chance of dating a supermodel after winning the lottery is a lot better.

norcalrider 03-30-2012 5:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalrider (Post 1740711)
i'm with the author and going to start hitting on super models... http://gizmodo.com/5897509/a-list-of...llion-tomorrow

1:88,000

jon4pres 03-30-2012 5:29 PM

Sorry I guess my chances are better than I actually thought with a supermodel.

I kind of hope no one wins so we can do all this craziness again but I am guessing that about every single number has been sold.

k9fxr 03-30-2012 9:08 PM

I bought some just to incr the chances a supermodel will show up on my doorstep.
of course, I hope she comes before I'm struck by lightening or eaten by a bear

cadunkle 03-31-2012 8:13 AM

The lottery is a tax primarily on the poor, but at least it is a voluntary tax. Personally the only money I pay the government is under duress. I will not give them a penny more than they take at gunpoint.

bigdtx 03-31-2012 1:30 PM

Obviously there was some kind of malfunction as the winning ticket I ordered from the clerk at the gas station contained no matching numbers. That gentleman will be on the receiving end of a stern talking to the next time I see him.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:05 AM.