WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Tim Tebow is.... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791384)

sidekicknicholas 01-09-2012 11:43 AM

Tim Tebow is....
 
Time Tebow is the most famous white bronco since OJ's truck

psudy 01-09-2012 12:30 PM

lol.

mjfan23 01-09-2012 1:15 PM

Tebow rocked the

John 3:16 eye black yesterday....o ya, and he threw for 316 yards.

wake77 01-09-2012 2:42 PM

^I figured you would be on here boasting when your man-crush Tebow finally had a decent game.

no_tools 01-09-2012 2:53 PM

easy t boners. let this cat do some time in the saddle and then we can see how good he is or isn't.

baitkiller 01-09-2012 2:59 PM

I dont care who you are, thats funny right there.


Yep, just stole it and walled my Gator crazy buddies facebook.
Thanks!

sidekicknicholas 01-09-2012 4:01 PM

... for the record...
I don't hate Tebow as a guy, I hate was ESPN has done to Tebow.... not his fault that he has become a media ******* but either way I have to deal with his stupid hype to/from work (EPSN radio) and I don't like him for that.

cwb4me 01-09-2012 4:15 PM

Tebow doesn't have the passing skills of the top QB'S in the league.Tebow does have superior running skills to the top QB's in the league.Tebow is on par with any top QB as far as competitive nature goes.He's also tough and a positive role model.Does the media talk about him too much?Hell yeah!I get tired of it too.But you have to give him credit,he deserves it.The media just over does it all year.

wake77 01-09-2012 4:58 PM

^Why, because he had one good game? Let him back it up against NE on the road, and then he may deserve some credit.

ttrigo 01-09-2012 5:14 PM

as much as people dislike him (not sure why yet) he had one of the best passing games in playoff history. 31.6 yds per catch? are you freaking kidding me?! 3 receptions of over 50 + yards?! against the best defense in the NFL!? now granted, the defense was a bit depleted, but those three big plays were not just dump off passes that were broken for big plays. they were all fairly long tosses. I think the shortest throw of the three big ones was 18 yards.
regardless of what happens now, people need to start respecting his abilities as an NFL player. personally, I think he would make a better RB, but until they move him, you have to respect what he has done for the Broncos. his leadership and confidence has done more for that team then I would guess any other player on any other team has done for their respective teams.

cwb4me 01-09-2012 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1724949)
^Why, because he had one good game? Let him back it up against NE on the road, and then he may deserve some credit.

It took more than ONE good game to get into the playoffs.:DHe has had ONE GOOD GAME in the playoffs so far.;)

816 01-09-2012 7:39 PM

great clip
http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/tebowing

816 01-09-2012 7:40 PM

thats why I don't like Tibow.

wake77 01-10-2012 9:04 AM

"It took more than ONE good game to get into the playoffs.He has had ONE GOOD GAME in the playoffs so far."

You're right. It took good games by San Diego and Miami the last week of the regular season to get Denver into the playoffs. He ended the season on a four-game skid, and let's be honest, that performance against KC was just plain awful. I find it amusing that he had a good game against Pittsburgh and now he is legit, but where were the same people after the KC game? New England's defense will have the new scheme figured out and if not, I think NE can score more points.

01-10-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1725020)
"It took more than ONE good game to get into the playoffs.He has had ONE GOOD GAME in the playoffs so far."

You're right. It took good games by San Diego and Miami the last week of the regular season to get Denver into the playoffs. He ended the season on a four-game skid, and let's be honest, that performance against KC was just plain awful. I find it amusing that he had a good game against Pittsburgh and now he is legit, but where were the same people after the KC game? New England's defense will have the new scheme figured out and if not, I think NE can score more points.

"and now he is legit"...

No, he became a legitimate when originally started kicking butt, probably back in high school. He has always excelled. I think winning the Heisman Trophy as sophomore made him legitimate...

The only reason why many people are calling him illegitimate now is because he actually believes in something and isn't afraid to talk about and show it to other people. Many people are uncomfortable with not only his beliefs, but his actions. Many people cast judgement on someone just because they are different from them, either in looks or actions....

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

01-10-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIngram (Post 1725051)
"and now he is legit"...


The only reason why many people are calling him illegitimate now is because he actually believes in something and isn't afraid to talk about and show it to other people. Many people are uncomfortable with not only his beliefs, but his actions. Many people cast judgement on someone just because they are different from them, either in looks or actions....

Sorry, but this isn't the case at all. People are calling him illegimate because of the way he plays football. It has nothing to do with his faith. The faith thing may bug some people and cause them to dislike him, but the legitimacy thing is completely different and is completely football related.

He's playing QB in a non-traditional fashion, whether he can continue to win this way is obviously still up for debate. The way he plays the QB position is why people are questioning whether or not he is a legit NFL QB.

01-10-2012 11:40 AM

I would argue that it is the combination of the two things, the way he plays QB, and the way he displays his faith. I think there are an equal number of articles on both and an equal amount of haters for both, one feeds the other.

01-10-2012 11:48 AM

I think Fran Tarkenton says it pretty well...

poser007 01-10-2012 1:34 PM

Anyone that argues that Tebow is not good doesn't understand sports. Like him or hate him he lead his team to 7 straight victories and into the playoffs. Tebow confuses defences because now they have to fear the quarterback dropping back and then running up the hole gaining 15 20 yards a pop. It's almost impossible to defend. tebow may not have the best arm or accuracy in the game but what he does have is an uncanny ability to win games. He reminds me of Larry Bird in a way.

Bird looked awkward he played awkward he was slow but guess what...for some reason it worked and not only was he one of the best forwards to ever play the game he made everyone around him a better player. The Chicago bulls of the 90's were not really a great team on paper, who did they really have besides Jordan and Pippen? A bunch of no names but with the right leader on their team and someone they could believ in they were probably the greates NBA team to ever play the game. IMO Joe Montana was the greatest quarterback of all time, he wasn't big didnt have a great arm but he did one thing better then anyone else, he knew how to win!!!!!!!!!!!

01-10-2012 1:41 PM

Very good comparison with Larry Bird. Bird practiced more than anyone and did it with pure heart, not pure talent. Larry Bird, Pete Rose, Ernie Banks and Wa-Tho-Huk are my favorite athletes!

polarbill 01-10-2012 1:46 PM

Like Nick I mainly didn't like Tebow because of ESPN sucking his nads for the last 5 years. I think he is a terrible QB(passer) in the traditional sense(or at least what we consider a good QB right now) but the guy just flat out wins games. He is an amazing leader who helps rally his players around him. Even though he doesn't play defense some how the defense plays better for him. The best part about Tebow is that he is a good guy who isn't out clubbing, hanging out with ghetto rappers, smoking weed, doing stupid arse crap. By all accounts he is a model citizen. He also seems to always be in it for the team, not for personal gain. Maybe that is why the team plays so hard for him. Either way Tebow himself is a breath of fresh air. He is the anti cam newton. I just wish everybody would quit making such a big deal about him being spiritual. We all get it, he likes god.

01-10-2012 1:48 PM

...a fullback.

wake77 01-10-2012 2:20 PM

"Anyone that argues that Tebow is not good doesn't understand sports. Like him or hate him he lead his team to 7 straight victories and into the playoffs. Tebow confuses defences because now they have to fear the quarterback dropping back and then running up the hole gaining 15 20 yards a pop. It's almost impossible to defend. tebow may not have the best arm or accuracy in the game but what he does have is an uncanny ability to win games. He reminds me of Larry Bird in a way."

No, Denver played the weaker part of their schedule and the defense finally stepped up. Look at Tebow's stats during that 7 game winning streak. Tell me if that was the key to their victories. How quick we are to forget how pitiful he looked against the Chiefs, when he had the chance to show he was the real deal. Instead, he had like 70 yards of offense. Larry Bird had great basketball skill. There was zero doubt when he came out of college about his ability to excel on the court. Larry Bird had one of the purest shots during his day. The only thing they have in common is they are both white.

"The only reason why many people are calling him illegitimate now is because he actually believes in something and isn't afraid to talk about and show it to other people. Many people are uncomfortable with not only his beliefs, but his actions. Many people cast judgement on someone just because they are different from them, either in looks or actions...."

That's just what all of his kooky fans say. "You all don't like him because he gives shouts out to Jesus all the time", or "It's just because he is a Christian". That's not the case at all. It has nothing to do with his religion and people that make those accusations just use that to look past his crappy passing. And it's not entirely his fault. It's that Urban Meyer offense he had to run. Yes, it wins college football games, but no it doesn't prepare you for the NFL. He had one good game, let's see if he backs it up against NE and into next season.

phatboypimp 01-10-2012 2:32 PM

This kid certainly has been under a lot of scrutiny. I think it is important to remember that there is a big difference between winning games and not losing games. This is a team sport and it is difficult (outside of unusual circumstances) to place a win on one individual in the NFL- on average I think he has a great grasp of the game and he doesn't make many mistakes. He has heart which is the 1% of the NFL. He is a leader - the best leaders are not always the best individual athletes. Larry Bird and Joe Montana are great comparisons in my eyes.

All I know is that I rarely if ever watched a Broncos game.....now I try to catch them all. He is fun to watch.

wake77 01-10-2012 3:02 PM

Not that it matters now, or that I care (I dislike Pittsburgh as much as I dislike Denver, I wished they both would have lost).http://nflspinzone.com/2012/01/10/ti...gal-formation/

ttrigo 01-10-2012 5:10 PM

I am an atheist, and I enjoy watching him play. I love what he brings to the game each week. as crappy as he plays, he never loses confidence in his abilities. this attriibute is what helps make him a great leader, and makes everyone around him better. the fact that he does not have 8 kids with 7 different women makes him even more likable to me. I cant stand most pro athletes today, but Tim Tebow is a breath of fresh air. more power to him. if anyone hates him because he discusses his faith a lot, has their own issues they need to deal with.

cwb4me 01-10-2012 5:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1725101)
Not that it matters now, or that I care (I dislike Pittsburgh as much as I dislike Denver, I wished they both would have lost).http://nflspinzone.com/2012/01/10/ti...gal-formation/

The NFL already reviewed the play and Mike Pereira said it was a legal formation.Greg Aiello also said it was a legal formation.Pittsburgh fans always cry foul when they lose because they are for the most part sore losers.;)

mjfan23 01-10-2012 7:50 PM

People who say tebow can pass dont watch him play the game. He throws an awesome deep ball.

People who say tebow has had one good game need to realize he started on a 1-4 team. His accomplishments with this team are absurd.

Whose the best WR Tebow has? Decker!? Cmon. Hes surrounded by VERY VERY limited talent.

Tebow has overcome the coaching staff (guided him to FAIL) and lack of talent surrounding him, to beat Pitt in the playoffs.

The most overcritized player of all time, hands down.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/imag...-tim-tebow.jpg

wake77 01-11-2012 11:09 AM

"People who say tebow can pass dont watch him play the game"

Exactly. All he throws are lame ducks.

cwb4me 01-11-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1725272)
"People who say tebow can pass dont watch him play the game"

Exactly. All he throws are lame ducks.

The lame duck he threw to Devon Thomas looked pretty good.Just ask IKE TAYLOR!;)

01-11-2012 11:43 AM

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ySQsnChKe1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This play was a winning play because of Tebow's ability to run the ball as well as pass. The defense was very worried about him running with the ball so they all stayed up front. The pass looked pretty damn good to me...

Just because Tim Tebow brings out your latent homosexual tendencies doesn't mean that you have to go hating on him all the time, its okay, we won't judge you.

mjfan23 01-11-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1725272)
"People who say tebow can pass dont watch him play the game"

Exactly. All he throws are lame ducks.

Not exactly. You should actaully watch a game or two. Few bad balls here or there. ALOT of drops by his terrible WR's and some spot on accurate throws that will make Elway look like a chump... O wait, Tebows stats already did that

01-11-2012 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First Five Game Tebow vs. Elway Comparison

denverd1 01-11-2012 12:56 PM

damn can anyone give WR Thomas a little credit? Sure Tebow threw the pass, but Thomas put a mean stiff arm on Taylor and then another on the 5 yd line to score. It wasn't just an accurate pass. .. Tebow's nuts are already crowded, but hey lets jump on 'em anyway!!

bruizza 01-11-2012 1:28 PM

First of all it was a 6 game winning streak and it was against exactly 0 teams that ended the season with a winning record. They lost to Detroit between the Miami victory and then the string of 6 victories that started with Oakland. He then lost 3 in a row. 2 of those teams had losing records. Then he beats Pittsburgh when they are totally banged up but puts on one heck of a performance. The dude is all over the place. I don't think you can claim he is a good QB or a bad QB yet. He needs more time in the league to see what happens.

ttrigo 01-11-2012 1:37 PM

i just dont get why people hate him so much. you can hate the media for glorifying what he is doing, that I am ok with. I was definitely sick of hearing about him in college, but the NFL could use a few good guys to compensate for all the gangsters out there.
for every larry fitzgerald, or Tim Tebow, there are a dozen santonio holmes', and ray lewis'.

denverd1 01-11-2012 1:53 PM

^ plaxicos and the list goes on and on. He's a standup guy for sure.

bear 01-11-2012 9:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjfan23 (Post 1724914)
Tebow rocked the

John 3:16 eye black yesterday....o ya, and he threw for 316 yards.

Whats funny is that the game before that he completed 6 passes for 66 yards. HHHHMMMMM......666 what does that mean then??? LOL

got to give him mad respect though, he is a gamer! Alot of credit has to go to the coaches though to come up with completely new game plan since he came in.

diamonddad 01-12-2012 10:48 AM

Its just a simple 30 yard slant pass where the QB hit the WR on stride and the WR rand for another 50 yards.

Nothing super extraordinary from the QB point of view. Just a good play and win.

I would not call it an "amazing pass".

diamonddad 01-12-2012 11:30 AM

I don't mind that he is super religious since I am a firm believer in that personal freedom. Still, I think it ridiculous that anyone would think that GOD is paying attention to football while, for instance, children are dying of cancer at a rate of 1 every 3.5 hrs in the USA.

wakemitch 01-12-2012 2:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1725537)
I don't mind that he is super religious since I am a firm believer in that personal freedom. Still, I think it ridiculous that anyone would think that GOD is paying attention to football while, for instance, children are dying of cancer at a rate of 1 every 3.5 hrs in the USA.

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1374394" frameborder="0"></iframe>

ttrigo 01-13-2012 10:08 AM

if you dislike this guy as a player, thats fine. but if you knock him as a person, I feel really bad for you. great write up from Rick Reilly about him here.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...ving-tim-tebow

mjfan23 01-13-2012 10:43 AM

Great Read

wake77 01-13-2012 12:18 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NHB0o9lCizQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cwb4me 01-13-2012 6:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1725711)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NHB0o9lCizQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We know you really wanted a Tennessee Tebow Christmas.Your just a closet fan.

wake77 01-14-2012 8:41 PM

^I wouldn't want Tebow as a ball boy on the Titans.

Wonder if Tebow had John 1:36 under his eye this week? Have the chubbies you "Tebow Love" guys had this week subsided now?

mjfan23 01-15-2012 4:22 AM

Its very unfortunate Tebow plays on a terrible team with terrible owners and coaches. It all showed yesturday. Denevers defense got exposed for being what they are, bad. The much talked about offensive line had Tebow running for his life all game. There no name WR core proved to be just that, no named. The coaches continued to be gutless.

Claim what you want about Tebow, but dude has zero help in denver and zero support from his coaches and owners.

Denever please trade Tebow.

guido 01-15-2012 7:35 AM

Tim Tebow is:

DONE FOR THE SEASON!!!! Hahahaha

Sorry, had to.

ttrigo 01-15-2012 12:03 PM

did anyone expect the 31st ranked defense in the league to play that well? I certainly didnt.

wake77 01-15-2012 4:42 PM

"Its very unfortunate Tebow plays on a terrible team with terrible owners and coaches. It all showed yesturday. Denevers defense got exposed for being what they are, bad. The much talked about offensive line had Tebow running for his life all game. There no name WR core proved to be just that, no named. The coaches continued to be gutless.

Claim what you want about Tebow, but dude has zero help in denver and zero support from his coaches and owners.

Denever please trade Tebow"

This is why people don't like Tebow. Last week, not one mention of the "bad team", "bad coaches", "bad receivers", etc. How convenient you bash the WR's, particularly one that took the 15 yard dump-off from Tebow, and turned it into an 80 yard TD to beat Pittsburgh last week, because Denver got blown out. Face it, Tebow was flat out irrelevant last night. I don't care if he would have had Jerry Rice and Randy Moss, you can't win games throwing ducks all night. This is what awaits Tebow. The NFL's 31st rank defense took less than a week to figure out how to shut Tebow down.

mjfan23 01-15-2012 7:33 PM

This is why people don't like Tebow. Last week, not one mention of the "bad team", "bad coaches", "bad receivers", etc. How convenient you bash the WR's, particularly one that took the 15 yard dump-off from Tebow, and turned it into an 80 yard TD to beat Pittsburgh last week, because Denver got blown out. Face it, Tebow was flat out irrelevant last night. I don't care if he would have had Jerry Rice and Randy Moss, you can't win games throwing ducks all night. This is what awaits Tebow. The NFL's 31st rank defense took less than a week to figure out how to shut Tebow down.

You clearly dont follow my twitter, mistake on your part.

I have said this ALL year long. I have said this during ALL the wins and ALL the loses. Tebow has NO one on his team. his WR cant get open nor catch, may make it tough for a QB. He runs for his life ALL the time. RB game is decent, fumble issues. And hes told to convert 3rd and longs ALL the time because his coaching staff refuses to do anything besides run on 1st down and mostly 2nd down.

The NFL's 31st rank defense took less than a week to figure out how to shut Tebow down.



No no no my good sir... The NE patriots shut down a gutless coaching staff and a team that folded.

Denver trade Tebow to a team that will give the best college football player of all time a SHOT at being a NFL QB.

People need to realize what tebow did. 1-4 team when he took over, playoffs where a lost cause. Tebow, against ALL odds, against coaching staff and owner who wanted him to fail, carried the Broncos and his below average teamates to a playoff win. Remarkable.

ttrigo 01-15-2012 7:52 PM

no one here follows your twitter, and you made no mention of his "Horrible team" on this message board. and I wanted Tebow to succeed!
its a shame Tebow is out, and we are going to be forced to watch the ravens play the niners in the SB this year. ugh.

wake77 01-16-2012 7:00 AM

Eric, I think you calling him "the greatest college football player of all time", loses you credibility. How can you say Tebow was any better, than say Cam Newton (and let's just be honest, Cam has been exponentially better than Tebow in the NFL)? They both won Heisman's, they both won a NC as starters, but how many undefeated seasons did UF have with Tebow at the helm? I'll answer that for you, zero. Auburn went undefeated in 2010, which was Cam's first season and only season at Auburn.

"owner who wanted him to fail,"

This is news to me, what is your source on this.

"No no no my good sir... The NE patriots shut down a gutless coaching staff and a team that folded."

That's simply amazing, again you passing the buck. Being sacked 5 times (one resulting in a lost fumble) and only completing 6 passes by the 4th quarter and you blame that all on everyone but Tebow. Remarkable.

Great QB's find a way to win, period.

mjfan23 01-16-2012 7:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1726011)
Eric, I think you calling him "the greatest college football player of all time", loses you credibility. How can you say Tebow was any better, than say Cam Newton (and let's just be honest, Cam has been exponentially better than Tebow in the NFL)? They both won Heisman's, they both won a NC as starters, but how many undefeated seasons did UF have with Tebow at the helm? I'll answer that for you, zero. Auburn went undefeated in 2010, which was Cam's first season and only season at Auburn.

"owner who wanted him to fail,"

This is news to me, what is your source on this.

"No no no my good sir... The NE patriots shut down a gutless coaching staff and a team that folded."

That's simply amazing, again you passing the buck. Being sacked 5 times (one resulting in a lost fumble) and only completing 6 passes by the 4th quarter and you blame that all on everyone but Tebow. Remarkable.

Great QB's find a way to win, period.

If your seriously arguing who was the better college player between Cam and Tebow, this argument is over. Did you watch college football? The stats, the awards are not even in the same ballpark. Cam had a great season, not career.

Elway doesnt like Tebow at all. Hes made several claims that owners simply DO NOT make about their Qb. Ill try to pull some up..

Did you watch the game? Tebow probably should have been sacked 10 times. And its VERY hard in the NFL to complete third and longs. Throughout the year Tebow has continually been asked to do that because their refusal to do anything but Run on first down.

Your right great QBs do find ways to win. Tebow did just that, he won. He took a terrible terrible team to the playoffs and won a game he had no business winning. His team is beyond bad and yet he found a way to win. Tebow had a solid year. Hes only going to get better.

wake77 01-16-2012 12:04 PM

"If your seriously arguing who was the better college player between Cam and Tebow, this argument is over. Did you watch college football? The stats, the awards are not even in the same ballpark. Cam had a great season, not career."

How is the argument over? During the Tebow days, with the talent UF, the results would have been the same without Tebow at QB, look they did it with Leak who was nowhere near the talent of Newton or Tebow. Without Cam at QB, Auburn would not have won the NC. Again, how many games did Tebow lose as a starter? How about Cam? It doesn't take a football genius to tell that if Cam would have had four years at Auburn he would have had just as good, probably better career than Tebow. Your man-crush on Tebow just doesn't let you admit the truth. It's like when your girlfriend asks if another girl is cuter than her, of course you say no, but deep down, you know the reality.

And last time I checked, Elway is not the owner of the Broncos.

And P.S. 90% of the teams in the NFL are going to run on first down (with the exception of the Saints or the Patriots, but let's face it, Tebow cannot even be mentioned in the same paragraph as Brady or Brees), especially when you have one of the top rushing offenses like the Broncos do.

mjfan23 01-16-2012 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1726091)
"If your seriously arguing who was the better college player between Cam and Tebow, this argument is over. Did you watch college football? The stats, the awards are not even in the same ballpark. Cam had a great season, not career."

How is the argument over? During the Tebow days, with the talent UF, the results would have been the same without Tebow at QB, look they did it with Leak who was nowhere near the talent of Newton or Tebow. Without Cam at QB, Auburn would not have won the NC. Again, how many games did Tebow lose as a starter? How about Cam? It doesn't take a football genius to tell that if Cam would have had four years at Auburn he would have had just as good, probably better career than Tebow. Your man-crush on Tebow just doesn't let you admit the truth. It's like when your girlfriend asks if another girl is cuter than her, of course you say no, but deep down, you know the reality.

And last time I checked, Elway is not the owner of the Broncos.

And P.S. 90% of the teams in the NFL are going to run on first down (with the exception of the Saints or the Patriots, but let's face it, Tebow cannot even be mentioned in the same paragraph as Brady or Brees), especially when you have one of the top rushing offenses like the Broncos do.

Ya Newton could have, would have, should have... but DIDNT. Like i stated he had a fantastic year. There are several guys that could be considered the best College football players of all time and Cam Newton aint on that list. What a foolish statement.

Your entire argument is based on what Cam could have done. Well go google what Tebow ACTAULLY did. His statistics and awards speak for themselves. Best college football player of all time.

wake77 01-16-2012 4:22 PM

^Did Tebow win two Heismans? Nope, that was Archie Griffin.

Tim Tebow was the best college football player that gave you a stiffie of all time.

01-16-2012 6:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1726132)
^Did Tebow win two Heismans? Nope, that was Archie Griffin.

Tim Tebow was the best college football player that gave you a stiffie of all time.

Hahaha...i just had to chime in bc of my hatred for Teblow. Maybe its bc all my gator loving peeps, that all they talk about is tim this, tim that. Hes in yhe pros now peeps and all of a sudden u become a broncos fan bc they made the playoffs.

mjfan23 01-16-2012 6:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1726132)
^Did Tebow win two Heismans? Nope, that was Archie Griffin.

Tim Tebow was the best college football player that gave you a stiffie of all time.

Archie certainly makes a better case than Cam Newton.

And not accurate. Tim Tebow may crack the top 5 favorite florida gators, maybe.

mjfan23 01-18-2012 10:47 AM

Tebow took a hit in the third quarter that tore cartilage attaching his ribs to his sternum, bruised one of his lungs and caused fluid to build up in his chest. He got an MRI this week to tell the extent of the damage.

wake77 01-18-2012 12:59 PM

^Well, what is his excuse for the first half?

02ssv 01-18-2012 1:50 PM

Wasn't Newton at Florida in 07 & 08, the same time as Tebow? Seems to me he would have had the chance to prove he was better.

mjfan23 01-18-2012 2:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02ssv (Post 1726516)
Wasn't Newton at Florida in 07 & 08, the same time as Tebow? Seems to me he would have had the chance to prove he was better.

Yes he was at Florida.. Untill he got caught stealing laptops and was dismissed. He NEVER stood a chance of playing over Tebow.

Jeremy, no doubt Tebow didnt play well. Never stated he did. Just thought it was interesting fact that even in a beatdown he refused to leave the game and never stopped.

ttrigo 01-18-2012 4:37 PM

how many schools WAS Newton at before his senior season? 4? tebow was a better collegiate QB than Newton, period.

beretta5spd 01-19-2012 9:14 AM

@wake77 Tebow doesn't ever do much in the first half, remember? :D

wake77 01-19-2012 11:41 AM

"Wasn't Newton at Florida in 07 & 08, the same time as Tebow? Seems to me he would have had the chance to prove he was better."

Tebow was a junior that had just won a Heisman trophy, and Cam was a true freshman. Name one college football coach that would have started a true freshman over a Heisman trophy winner. Tebow was at Florida the same time as Chris Leak, and Leak started over Tebow. By your reasoning, Leak is better than Tebow.

"how many schools WAS Newton at before his senior season? 4? tebow was a better collegiate QB than Newton, period."

Newton never played his senior season, he left Auburn a year early. But how do you base your claim? Both won Heisman's. Both won a N.C. as a starter. But, Cam had an undefeated season, something Tebow never had. Cam was an overall number one draft pick, Tebow wasn't. Tebow may have had a higher GPA or won a character award, but Cam is clearly showing his dominance over Tebow in the NFL.

02ssv 01-19-2012 3:43 PM

Jeremy you are correct that Tebow was a Junior but he won the Heisman as a Sophomore and guess who was a Freshman that year? Cam was there in 07, that was Tebows Sophomore year. Cam was the back up or 3rd string as a Freshman and as a Sophmore, then when Tebow decided to return for his 4th year Cam decided to leave. Or was it the fact that there was 3 different instances of academic cheating while at Florida and faced potential expulsion from the university that made him transfer?

mjfan23 01-19-2012 6:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02ssv (Post 1726684)
Jeremy you are correct that Tebow was a Junior but he won the Heisman as a Sophomore and guess who was a Freshman that year? Cam was there in 07, that was Tebows Sophomore year. Cam was the back up or 3rd string as a Freshman and as a Sophmore, then when Tebow decided to return for his 4th year Cam decided to leave. Or was it the fact that there was 3 different instances of academic cheating while at Florida and faced potential expulsion from the university that made him transfer?

Jeremy doesnt have a clue about college football, that is clear.

I never once stated Tebow was a better NFl player then Cam. Although I will now. Playoffs, No playoffs. Cam is a turnover machine.

bruizza 01-19-2012 8:12 PM

Newton had 20 turnovers in 16 games. Tebow had 14 turnovers in 12 games. I wouldn't say that is some huge argument in Tebow's favor. Newton set the NfL record for rushing TDs for a QB in a season and the rookie record for most passing yards. Tebow played on a team with the 20th ranked D in the league. Newton played on a team with the 28th ranked D. Carolina had the 7th ranked offense in the league. Denver had The 23rd ranked offense in the league. Not much to your Tebow is a better QB argument. If the Bronco's coaching staff is so bad why are multiple Bronco coaches interviewing for head coaching and coordinator jobs in the league right now? Tebow completed a whopping 46.5% of his passes this season. He was sacked 33 times in 12 games. Newton was sacked 35 times in 16 games. Eric you can blame Twbow's defects on the entire rest of the team, coaching staff, cheerleaders or the waterboy. Doesn't change the fact that the games he won were all against teams that finished the season with .500 or losing records. The only team he beat with a winning record was the Steelers and even that was on OT. I live in the Denver area. Trust me I've had this Tebow argument with plenty of folks. He works hard and maybe he will end up being a good pro. Bottom line is as of right now he is sub par.

mjfan23 01-20-2012 10:54 AM

I agree to most extent... but lets not forget Cam who had Steve Smith, Olson, Shockey all to target.. Tebow had??? And...

Cam manged to beat teams like Jacksonville (5-11) , Washington (5-11), Indy (2-14), Tampa twice (4-12)....

Tebow beat Miami (6-10), Oakland (8-8), Kansas City (7-9), Jets (8-8), Chargers (8-8), Vikes (3-13), Bears (8-8), Steelers (12-4)

Zero doubt which QB had better wins.

wake77 01-22-2012 7:57 AM

"Jeremy you are correct that Tebow was a Junior but he won the Heisman as a Sophomore"

Reading comprehension is obviously not you or Eric's strong suit. Read my post carefully again:

"Tebow was a junior that had just won a Heisman trophy..."

Now doesn't that imply that he won the Heisman as a sophomore?

"Jeremy doesnt have a clue about college football, that is clear."

Dude, I saw Tebow play against UT, twice, at the game. How many times have you seen Tebow play in person? You are from Ohio, what does someone from Ohio know about SEC football? I was at the SEC Champ. game when UF got destroyed by Alabama. I never said Tebow wasn't a good player in college, but I don't think one can definitively say he is the best college football player of all time. Especially, when it comes from some guy that blames all of Tebow's NFL deficiencies on the coaching staff, receivers, and team executives. Again, you comparison of NFL quality wins begin Cam and Tebow means jack. Cam was heads and shoulders above Tebow this year.

mjfan23 01-22-2012 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1727180)
"Jeremy you are correct that Tebow was a Junior but he won the Heisman as a Sophomore"

Reading comprehension is obviously not you or Eric's strong suit. Read my post carefully again:

"Tebow was a junior that had just won a Heisman trophy..."

Now doesn't that imply that he won the Heisman as a sophomore?

"Jeremy doesnt have a clue about college football, that is clear."

Dude, I saw Tebow play against UT, twice, at the game. How many times have you seen Tebow play in person? You are from Ohio, what does someone from Ohio know about SEC football? I was at the SEC Champ. game when UF got destroyed by Alabama. I never said Tebow wasn't a good player in college, but I don't think one can definitively say he is the best college football player of all time. Especially, when it comes from some guy that blames all of Tebow's NFL deficiencies on the coaching staff, receivers, and team executives. Again, you comparison of NFL quality wins begin Cam and Tebow means jack. Cam was heads and shoulders above Tebow this year.

One, what are you even talking about? I didnt even post the first comment of yours.

As for watching Tebow twice? Ha... ya because alot of people that go to college football games understand football. By your posts it is clear you do not. I saw Tebow four times btw. And why SEC? O I dont know becasue my family teaches, coaches, played in the SEC. Clown.

Apparently your knowledge about NFL football is limited as well. "quality wins mean jack". Uh, what!? The NFL is about ONE thing. Winning. Cam failed miserable.

All i hear is Tebow played nobody... No no, Cam played no body and lead his team to a terrible record. Cam is a turnover machine. Great fantasy guy, below average player.

wake77 01-22-2012 5:32 PM

^Cam will be in the running for rookie of the year, I guess they give that out to anyone. So having family in the SEC makes you a football expert?

"Apparently your knowledge about NFL football is limited as well. "quality wins mean jack". Uh, what!? The NFL is about ONE thing. Winning. Cam failed miserable."

Are you a moron or something? If we were comparing the Broncos to the Panthers then maybe you have an argument, but we are comparing a player to a player. Does Tebow play every position? Was he the one kicking those game-winning field goals?

mjfan23 01-22-2012 6:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1727251)
^Cam will be in the running for rookie of the year, I guess they give that out to anyone. So having family in the SEC makes you a football expert?

"Apparently your knowledge about NFL football is limited as well. "quality wins mean jack". Uh, what!? The NFL is about ONE thing. Winning. Cam failed miserable."

Are you a moron or something? If we were comparing the Broncos to the Panthers then maybe you have an argument, but we are comparing a player to a player. Does Tebow play every position? Was he the one kicking those game-winning field goals?

Ill take Andy Dalton over Cam for that award among others. Dalton at least won games in the toughest league.

You ask me why I like the SEC. I gave you an answer, dont go out being a hardass about it.

Am I a moron? No, I graduated in 3 years and am in Med school... yourself?

Look, you can come in here an act all tough but your argument sucks. Tebow to Newton in college is no debate. Big numbers in the NFL dont mean a damn thing without wins. Tebow won. Hate him all you want, but Cam watched Tebow play.

Like or dislike Tebow my arguments are fair.
- Tebow won games
- Tebow had little support from the Broncos
- Tebows team isnt that good
- Hes the most over criticized player of all time

I never said tebow had a pro bowl year. He did some great things, and bad things.

wake77 01-22-2012 8:04 PM

^I'm out of this discussion. We can pick up this conversation in three years and maybe Tebow will finally be reunited with Urban Meyer on some NFL team and they will win every game, 5 SB's in a row, Cam will be selling popcorn in the concession stand and then you can tell me how wrong I was. Good luck in med school, but going to med school doesn't necessarily qualify one as a genius.

mjfan23 01-22-2012 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1727265)
^I'm out of this discussion. We can pick up this conversation in three years and maybe Tebow will finally be reunited with Urban Meyer on some NFL team and they will win every game, 5 SB's in a row, Cam will be selling popcorn in the concession stand and then you can tell me how wrong I was. Good luck in med school, but going to med school doesn't necessarily qualify one as a genius.

Of course your out of this discussion, you came in here making clown like comments. Cam to Tebow in college, humorous. Playoffs to watching, humorous. Winner to loser, humorous.


NEXT.

mjfan23 01-29-2012 7:31 PM

Your boy cam has looked brilliant in the Pro bowl.... Not.like I stated, turnover machine.

sidekicknicholas 01-30-2012 6:30 AM

Quote:

Your boy cam has looked brilliant in the Pro bowl....
Quote:

Your boy cam has looked brilliant in the Pro bowl....
Quote:

Your boy cam has looked brilliant in the Pro bowl....
While I don't think the pro bowl is at all a legit game to evaluate someone, the fact he made it is..... and maybe it was just me, but did it seem like the AFC defense was actually somewhat going after Cam??? All the others had all day to throw the ball, but Cam got hit quite a few times.


either way.... Pro Bowl sucked, not really excited for the Super Bowl.... but the draft will be fun!

wake77 01-30-2012 11:49 AM

"Your boy cam has looked brilliant in the Pro bowl"

How did Tebow look in the Pro Bowl?

mjfan23 01-30-2012 12:44 PM

Of course Cam got hit. If he doesnt want to follow the Pro Bowl rules then of course the Dline is going to go after him.


Cam never should have been at the Probowl, and that clearly showed.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 AM.