WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Donald Trump (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787186)

phatboypimp 04-26-2011 3:39 PM

Donald Trump
 
You will never find me commenting much on the political threads on this site (although I read most of them), but I wanted to get your thoughts on Trump's potential run at the White House. Seems like he is going against the grain with his criticisms of Obama but does this guy have enough national support to make a real run against Romney and others?

magicr 04-26-2011 4:05 PM

My opinion is that this is nothing more than trying to increase the ratings for his show. (It worked for Charlie Sheen). His ego is too big to be President.

behindtheboat 04-26-2011 4:15 PM

he can't just declare bankruptcy when he ruins a whole nation. No thanks, I hope everyone else can see what he really is. If anything, show how he ruined the US Football League and nearly the NFL

pesos 04-26-2011 4:20 PM

ratings

ottog1979 04-26-2011 4:51 PM

Blowhard. It'll NEVER happen. "My net worth is bigger than his net worth." As if that statement has any real bearing on his qualifications or him as a measure of a man, etc. (For a while there Bernie Madoff had a big net worth too.) He sounds like a 12-year old making such statements. He's either: 1) Terribly insecure, or 2) Putting us all on for publicity while sounding like an idiot in the process.

shawndoggy 04-26-2011 4:55 PM

Remember when Rudy Guiliani was a contender about this time last cycle and how he folded like a cheap suit after FL? I doubt Trump makes it that far. There's a religious conservative base to the Rs that I don't see the Donald attracting.

cadunkle 04-26-2011 7:00 PM

Trump is just another neocon, no different than any that have come before him... Well aside from he has a piss poor attitude and in general is full of himself. He has as much of a shot as any other neocon in the unlikely event he decides to run... And we're due for another neocon if he did make it through the primaries.

bigdtx 04-26-2011 8:19 PM

He's Charlie Sheen without the booze and drugs - although they seem to have the same taste in women.

cwb4me 04-26-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdtx (Post 1674878)
He's Charlie Sheen without the booze and drugs - although they seem to have the same taste in women.

And the women they like love MONEY!;)Because it sure ain't them losers.:D

innov8 04-27-2011 6:07 AM

No thanks with regards to Trump as President.

But I dont mind him calling out Obama on the poor job he is doing.

RedRum 04-27-2011 6:25 AM

I think he has some good ideas . I.e. let's take care of America first, fix the problems we have here before doing the humanitarian work elsewhere all over the world.
On other subjects like healthcare, I don't agree. His plan was even worse than Obamacare.

I don't think that money is any indication of how well of a potential leader can be....just look at Obama, he was able to raise millions of dollars for his campaign to get elected, and he is a terrible leader. Trump needs to get off his high horse about money. He needs to also let the "birther' question go. BHO is in the White House, we need to look forward now and fix this country.

Trump is a successful business man, who also has some black marks on his record, just like any other high profile person. I don't think that money is any indication of how well of a potential leader can be....just look at Obama, he was able to raise millions of dollars for his campaign to get elected, and he is a terrible leader. I still believe we need some fresh talent in the the White House. I am tired of these low life Dems and Reps. who are running our country.

magicr 04-27-2011 8:07 AM

Well Trump can go back to his reality show,(deusch) Obama is a real American (lol).The birther issue has been nothing more than racism. I don't have my original birth certificate, as it was stolen years ago, but if I ever were to run for President I'm sure there would be no question about my duplicate, as I don't have a funny name, and I'm not black.

RedRum 04-27-2011 8:12 AM

Racism??????....Wow, just....wow.....

Oh, and it's douche ;)

magicr 04-27-2011 8:53 AM

Quote:

Racism??????....Wow, just....wow.....

Oh, and it's douche
I'm sorry your flabbergasted, (did I spell that right?)

Funny name, check. Bi-racial parents, check. Black, check. Yeah racism.

He has produced the required documents since day one. The crazy fringe who would not believe it, (and Fox news) are doing their best to make this president illegitimate, because of his lack of the so called "right document". No other President has had to prove himself to be a citizen. But I'm sure this will not be the end of this story.

Pathetic.

bruizza 04-27-2011 9:21 AM

They released Obama's long record Birth Certificate today so maybe they can find something else to complain about now. Naturally Trump is taking full credit for it being released....

ttrigo 04-27-2011 9:54 AM

"They released Obama's long record Birth Certificate today"

not that I cared either way, but why the hell did it take so long?

pesos 04-27-2011 10:01 AM

Seriously, he should have catered to these racist nutjobs immediately.

magicr 04-27-2011 10:01 AM

I was watching news today, and they said the state of Hawaii NEVER releases long forms to the public, but the POTUS made a request and Hawaii made an exception.

This in my opinion will do little to quell the crazy birthers.

ottog1979 04-27-2011 10:01 AM

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/04/24/t...-backlash.html

Michael 04-27-2011 11:02 AM

I like Trump.. He may not be what were looking for in a president, but he sure as heck makes the issues no one wants to address stand out like a sore thumb. He also is rich as it gets, which might be a good thing. No need to kiss supporters butts for finanacial support and forced to drive hidden agendas.

This whole birth certificate issue is a crock. How could this man now address his birth certificate issue after 2 years as president? Ask any other president about their's and im sure they would show you that afternoon. Somethings not right here and you all know it.

My 2 Cents.

fly135 04-27-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 1675033)
I like Trump.. He may not be what were looking for in a president, but he sure as heck makes the issues no one wants to address stand out like a sore thumb.

Tell us more about those issues.

magicr 04-27-2011 11:13 AM

What other President in the history of this country has been put through the wringer like this one over their birth certificate. None!

It boils down to the fact that a large part of the GOP cannot except the fact that a Black man Named Barrack Obama is our President.
If I were Obama I would have held ground, not released anything more, and not played this moronic birther B.S.

If Trump was ever elected President, we as a country are done. He is a publicity whore and nothing more. (hey that rhymes).

deltahoosier 04-27-2011 11:20 AM

Racism? That is why the left can not be taken serious. It is about a person who grew up in a different country for pete sake. It has nothing to do with his race. Questions start getting tough? cry racism.

I think the birth certificate thing over played at this point, but, you need to stop playing the my guy or the highway card. You better dang well hope the President can be vetted for his citizenship. He has the freaking launch codes.

plhorn 04-27-2011 11:24 AM

birther
 
Obama's birth certificate has been available online since before he was president. Anyone who questions his legitimacy is a grade A nutjob.

Michael 04-27-2011 11:34 AM

-Birth Certificate

-Makes the point that we should withdrawl out of Afghanistan

-Maybe the fact that he was willing to tax the rich 14.25 percent in 2000 helps.

The only three facts I could clearly think of at this moment. I just like him because he has the wealth and he may be a sly buisness man, but hey its better than another greasy politition.

RedRum 04-27-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltahoosier (Post 1675039)
Racism? That is why the left can not be taken serious. It is about a person who grew up in a different country for pete sake. It has nothing to do with his race. Questions start getting tough? cry racism.

Bingo, You said it man!
Except it isn't where they grew up so much as it is where they were born.

fly135 04-27-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 1675042)
-Birth Certificate

-Makes the point that we should withdrawl out of Afghanistan

-Maybe the fact that he was willing to tax the rich 14.25 percent in 2000 helps.

The only three facts I could clearly think of at this moment. I just like him because he has the wealth and he may be a sly buisness man, but hey its better than another greasy politition.

1) Issue for idiots.
2) Agreed, but what about Iraq?
3) Not even sure what that means. Tax the rich's wealth or income 14%? Either is ridiculous.

Michael 04-27-2011 11:56 AM

John,

1. relax
2. Just get the heck out in general, waste of time and money.
3. Yeah I agree with you that this is rediculous, but do you see anything else working? I just see more greasy people not doing what they said they were going to do.

Plhorn,

I run a website. I can put anything I want online, real or fake. Were talking the president here. The man can doctor up anthing he wants.

fly135 04-27-2011 12:20 PM

MIchael, wrt issue #1 I consider this sort of thing to be beneath any intelligent person. It deserves no better response than what I gave.

One of the most difficult things I found is to get people to write what they think the govt should be doing to solve it's problems. I've listed in other threads exactly what I believe the issues are and what needs to be done. When you specifically lay out all the issues to address them it seems like the thread becomes a ghost town. What is wrong with people that they are afraid to lay it out in print?

OTOH the threads that bash Obama over Birther's or interviews etc.. are lively. The public's idea of how to deal with political issues disgusts me more than the politicians themselves. We are the voters and we are the one's responsible. It's time for us to tell Washington what to do, or we will get more of the same.

deltahoosier 04-27-2011 12:42 PM

1) The birth certificate online looked nothing like the birth certificate I have had to produce for my job. Point being, just because it is online does not make it true. Second point in this, since he has the launch codes, he would have been gone over with a fine tooth comb by the CIA and FBI. They are not the type of folks that mess around.

2) I have said since the beginning that Iraq was winnable and that Afgahnistan is a waste of time. I still stand by it even though I hope we can improve both since we put the resources into it. Iraq is almost a done deal.

3) Not sure what tax the rich at 14.25% means. rich is a relative term and what most people don't realize that most tax codes are set up for rich people to not have income. The tax code wants them invest thus limiting their actual income. Investment leads to jobs for the poor saps who constantly sit around bitching about rich people, but, won't go to college or put in the hard work to start their own business so they can have a piece of the pie.

deltahoosier 04-27-2011 12:49 PM

Oh, speaking of simplistic drones..... People from the left who see the president as a minority. Example
Funny name, check. Bi-racial parents, check. Black, check. Yeah racism
". Why is it that when ever race is brought up, it is always by a person from the left? Then they accuse people from the right as being racists? Have you thought of the irony that if you are the one pointing out race at every turn, that you may be the racist?

magicr 04-27-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

I have said since the beginning that Iraq was winnable
In all seriousness what does this mean to you? That they will have a western type of government?
I'm not convinced that when and if we leave Iraq, there won't be a return to the middle east, extreme Muslim form of government.

Afghanistan, I agree is a lost cause.

Riteride 04-27-2011 12:58 PM

I have spoken to and shaken Trump's hand and he is one guy that does not mess around or sugar coat things... I would even have to say maybe even one of my idle's..I think he has a good shot because this Country is run by $ not people and he has it..

magicr 04-27-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Have you thought of the irony that if you are the one pointing out race at every turn, that you may be the racist?
lol

plhorn 04-27-2011 1:10 PM

In 2008 Obama put out the legal short version of his birth certificate for inspection. He included the 1961 newspaper announcing his birth, he also had Senior Hawaiian officials say they had met Obama as a newborn baby and had seen with their own eyes the long-form birth certificate.

Now he's had to contact Hawaii and get them to release the long version of his birth certificate. How long do you have to dance with stupid people when we have important things to talk about. I must not have noticed that we'd solved all of the problems in the US so we are now talking about this.

I stand by my statement that anyone who questions the legitimacy of the president (whether you like him or not) is a first class primo nutjob.

And Michael ImObersteg: if the president can "doctor anything he wants" why are the nutjobs asking to see another document? This won't stop just because he sent out more proof. The best way to deal with idiots is to ignore them.

oldirish 04-27-2011 1:47 PM

A Trump administration will be a clone of every other administration that we've had for the last 30 years. It's sole purpose will be to squeeze money from an already broke middle class, and give it to Wall Street. Surely, as big as this country is, we can find someone that isn't a tree hugging nutjob or a supply side butt pirate. Maybe we could even find someone that understands: OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, AND FOR THE PEOPLE. That's probably too much to ask...never mind.

04-27-2011 1:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicr (Post 1675037)
What other President in the history of this country has been put through the wringer like this one over their birth certificate. None!

It boils down to the fact that a large part of the GOP cannot except the fact that a Black man Named Barrack Obama is our President.
If I were Obama I would have held ground, not released anything more, and not played this moronic birther B.S.

If Trump was ever elected President, we as a country are done. He is a publicity whore and nothing more. (hey that rhymes).

Well, John McCain had to provide his... his citizenship was analysed to a far greater extent than BHO's was prior to the election.

What about Lt. Colonel Terry Larkin? Should he be in jail? Why couldn't BHO just provide it back then?

Michael 04-27-2011 2:27 PM

Plhorn,

You must have voted for that moron.

fly135 04-27-2011 2:28 PM

Michael, you must have voted for that other moron.

Michael 04-27-2011 3:09 PM

Haha well I dont know which was worse! I just knew that I would be able to keep more of my hard earned cash then give it to the other 47 percent of americans that dont pay taxes. Hence why im looking for another moron.

magicr 04-27-2011 3:14 PM

Quote:

Well, John McCain had to provide his... his citizenship was analysed to a far greater extent than BHO's was prior to the election.
The difference between John McCain and Barack Obama is that McCain was born in a foreign country albeit an American controlled district. I had absolutely no problem with McCains legitimacy to run for President.

Obama was born in Hawaii and provided the necessary documentation, so tell me why that wasn't good enough for certain people?

Again, I do not have my original birth certificate, but I guarantee you my duplicate would be acceptable if I ever decided to run for any political office. Our country is going down the sh!!ter and the major goal of a large part of this country is to de-legitimize his presidency.

Phenomenal.

04-27-2011 3:34 PM

You asked the question... and I answered it... John McCain was sued over the issue and the Senate approved a resolution. Is the situation different that BHO's? Of course, but no one will have the same EXACT circumstances as anyone else.... John McCain's citizenship was contested at least as much and probably more.

fly135 04-27-2011 4:48 PM

Regardless, it isn't Obama's obligation to prove anything. If it's a legal matter then the courts can decide. When a server delivers papers to go to court he can do what Bush did and say... nah I'm the POTUS.

deltahoosier 04-27-2011 8:24 PM

I can't believe we are here today talking trying to de-legitimize the presidency. I do not want to hear a single leftist say that bull crap again. We had to sit hear and hear everything from Bush stole the election to he let 911 happen on purpose. Day in and day out that crap was spewed. Now all of a sudden someone from the left is concerned about that?

grant_west 04-27-2011 10:32 PM

I have made no bones about It I have never liked him from the start. Joe the Plumer and "spread the wealth" comment did it for me. And saying he was gonna end the war and Knowing he had no intention or means to do so but just said it to get votes, That said. Why all the delay with the birth cert??? He is the most powerfull man in the world. I thought it was pretty strange how he couldn't snap his fingers and get what ever papers he wanted/needed, The delay just made it seem even more fishy, Remember the under age Chinese olympic gymnist? Some how they Couldn't produce a berth cert to prove their age and then out of no where "Whalla" O here is that piece of paper you need! So I guess that makes me a "Racist /Nut Job" good thisng we have Jessi Jackson to let us all know what bad people we all are! Serious! Your gonna run for president, Get you S....T in order!

magicr 04-27-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

I do not want to hear a single leftist say that bull crap again.
Delta, if I have to listen to your bull*****, no reason you shouldn't have to listen to my common sense. :rolleyes:

fly135 04-28-2011 7:51 AM

Delta's so far out in right field I don't think he can even see the bases. I like how these bozos were so sure Obama had no birth certificate. Talk about tools. You guys were all pupper mastered to look like idiots. Not just because you were crying about the BC even though it never occurred to ask any previous President. But because of the lunacy of thinking it was a priority over fixing our real problems.

deltahoosier 04-28-2011 8:23 AM

John. I have been exactly correct about Iraq and Afgahnistan to this point. I have been dead on about the democrats vote and intentions when it came to the wars. I told you guys for at least 6 years about it. Guess what, everything Bush put through was kept by Obama and even expanded. Only thing that Obama has done different than Bush is that stupid Obamacare. I will explain another thing to you about that and mark it down. Only reason healthcare is so expensive is because more people has healthcare now. You have a captive audience with someone to pay what they want. Take that to the bank. So, I guess to a leftist such as yourself, common sense and actual reason does not meet the emotional sniff test.

Scott. Yes, we all know that pulling the race card is common sense. I hope it does not hurt your head when you come up with these gems. Keep trying buddy, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be proud.

fly135 04-28-2011 9:26 AM

Delta I'm sure you are exactly correct in your head. And you are still harping on the Democrate vote about going to Iraq. Wake up... time to get past the blame game. It's about what to do now. And yeah for the last 6 years you've been spouting nonsense. And you will continue to spout nonsense. I don't recall you ever saying anything that had any meaning.

deltahoosier 04-28-2011 9:59 AM

It does not have meaning to you, because you are only just now waking up. Keep growing, you will catch up. If you notice, yet again, I am only responding to the nonsense that is spouted. I have started any thread attacking anyone. If it does not have any meaning to you is because I am responding to what is already nonsense.

On the vote for Iraq... It is kind of like OJ and the black community. Until people admit that he did it., there never will be any real healing. That is just like Bush and the democrats and the war. Until you can actually admit that the democrats were involved as well though their words, actions, and votes then there will never be any real healing. You can never ever stand about the fray and complain about the process. The next step in your learning is that the democrats sitting around yelling that they were against the war while being for it is very similar to a few republicans running around yelling for Obama's birth certificate. It is all politics. There is no truth in politics and you are almost on the cusp of understanding that. It is finally when the shoe is on the other foot that you are starting to understand that.

plhorn 04-28-2011 9:59 AM

I thought this was funny and appropriate for this venue.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/tru...-hes-no,20250/

oh an Michael ImObersteg, I did vote for Obama, but only because McCain was old and Sara Palin is a Moron. And while we are throwing the Moron word around it is way more appropriate to use for someone with Palin's IQ then Obama's IQ regardless of what you think of their politics.

deltahoosier 04-28-2011 10:02 AM

What do you really know about Palin's IQ? That is the same as people running around saying Bush is stupid. Based on what? Obama can't seem to speak without a teleprompter himself. What is the bases for low IQ?

fly135 04-28-2011 10:14 AM

Delta, time to stop living 9 years in the past. The vote for the Iraq war is on the record. News flash.... I have never.. repeat never ever disputed the historical record of the vote.

BTW, while you are still agitated over any mention of Bush in a negative way (I.E. my post above making a joke), I am not a supporter of Obama. I supported him in the election and I voted for him. However, he is not IMO doing a good job.

If you perceive my disgust over people attacking Obama as support, you are wrong. I now focus my disgust at people's inability to know what they think govt should be doing. You will not see me holdings signs saying... "cut taxes" or "throw out the bums". My signs now say specifically what I believe govt should do. And it isn't insignificant issues like cutting funding for NPR or Planned Parenthood. It's meaningful issues related to real cuts in spending.

plhorn 04-28-2011 12:29 PM

As predicted: The GOP is now bitching that Obama is releasing his birth certificate to distract from real issues. IT WAS THE GOP THAT WAS BITCHING THAT HE HADN'T RELEASED HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE IN THE FIRST PLACE. What a bunch of A$$hats!!!!


http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...s6E_story.html

@ Someone Else on the question of IQ:
Palin: attended Hawaii Pacific College in Hilo, Hawaii, in 1982 for a semester, where she majored in Business Administration, and transferred in 1983 to North Idaho College for the 1983-1984 school year. Then she transferred to Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska for one term before transferring back to the University of Idaho the following year where she finished out her college education and received a Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho in 1987, where she also minored in political science.

Obama: Graduate of Harvard Law School, magna *** laude and Columbia University - BA, Political Science

deltahoosier 04-28-2011 1:45 PM

Sounds good on that point John.

PL - You degree has nothing to do with IQ. Einstein failed math. Many times, your level of education is attributed to access, willingness, money. I would say he had a silver spoon given to him and he did a good job with it. He was politically connected with Jesse Jackson and that more than likely gained him access. Sounds like she took a much more difficult road. Me personally, I don't care for lawyers. I think they are in a position to rig things to keep the power in their hands. I think Obama is a smart guy. I think Palin is smart as well. This calling anyone who you don't agree with stupid, is well.... ironically... stupid.

As far as the GOP article. Donald Trump is a independent person who happens to be a republican that was calling for his birth certificate. The GOP was not calling for it. Politically, Obama finally released his birth certificate because they figured it would be a death blow to Trump. Egg on his face kind of thing. Trump is saying he won because he is the only one who could make Obama do that. The GOP thing. More politics but not the same as the birthers.

deltahoosier 04-28-2011 1:50 PM

Actually John. Re-read your point. You have never disputed the vote, but, many on here would take note of it and still insist it was only Bush that sold us down a road. I think you were still in that camp. It is not so much about Bush as it is people hypocrisy that people did that to Bush for 8 years but are dumbfounded that it is now happening to Obama. Welcome to my world. Telling you guys day after day that you are lying to yourselves or being useful pawns.

fly135 04-28-2011 1:59 PM

IMO Bush spearheaded the invasion of Iraq. That is correct. The question simply boils down to that alone. Our differences on this can be explained in a nutshell...

ME> If Bush wasn't President we wouldn't have invaded.
YOU> Regardless of Bush being President, we would have invaded.

Take a poll. I don't need to argue this stupid point.

brettw 04-28-2011 2:28 PM

How did Palin take a much more difficult road in college? She bounced around to 5 colleges over 5 years before graduating, most if not all of which, have hardly any admission requirements. However you got in, I'd imagine graduating from Harvard with a grade point average of at least 3.75 is no easy task. I know this is kind of a side argument and way off track here, but c'mon, her higher education is pathetic compared to Obama's. From what I read, her SAT scores were pathetic, and her GPA is not posted (wonder why) but is reportedly pretty pathetic as well. When it comes to book smarts, Palin does not have them. She's proved that several times since, of course, in various interviews and such. She was the reason many of us, for no other reason, couldn't have voted for McCain. There's no way I could have taken a chance on that idiot becoming President.

Palin rant over for now. :)

deltahoosier 04-28-2011 4:18 PM

John, The point of the exercise is that the democrats were for the war and everyone from Clinton, Kerry, Gore, Albright and so on even were on record saying they needed to take out Saddam and of the ones on record for saying it, they voted yes to go to war. Then after they lied and used the get out of war montra to get elected in 2006, they still did not get us out of war. Point is, all the people were running around saying how evil republicans are because of the war like the democrats would not have done it. They were lead around by the nose and obviously people still don't understand that they were.

Brett, Switching schools and states is very tough to do and still continue to get your degree. It takes a lot of stick to it, to get it done. Yes, I would imagine getting a 3.75 at harvard is an accomplishment. That is not a tell all of IQ though. Maybe he was groomed to think like a lawyer from a early age. Maybe that is all he had to worry about. Maybe she had financial issues or family issues. We don't know that. What was Ronald Reagan's GPA? What was his degree in? Did anyone know that Reagan was the Head of the Screen Actors Union fighting against McCarthyism? People thought he was stupid too. That seems to be a continuing theme from the left. If you are not a leftist, you are stupid.

Laker1234 04-28-2011 7:43 PM

Here is just one of many reasons I'd select Trump over Obama any day. At least Trump could possibly pull a business deal off, but with the left in the driver's seat, the US will continue to lose its overseas' credibility. It's a sad day in America to hear voters say they will not vote for someone because that person is old. Have you ever compared McCain's military background to Obama's? Sure Trump has his faults but when is the last time you've heard Obama say we need to pull our troops home and invest the money in schools here? At least Trump is bold enough to speak the truth, "Why rebuild roads in Afghanistan when they'll just blow them up." No wonder we're something like 5 from the bottom in math and sciences when our school systems are over regulated and under funded. Oh well, the majority of the America youth enjoys soft-hearted leaders so continue to support the left but you'll need to invest in gold and silver because the dollar will be worthless, you'll have to go o China for decent health care, and social security will only be a memory. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...saab-says.html

innov8 04-29-2011 5:37 AM

If it comes down to having to vote for Obama or Trump, I will vote for Trump.
I hope that is not the case, but if it is Trump over Obama no doubt.

Obama will never get a vote from me.

Gary Johnson,Herman Cain,Allen West, I like all three much better then Trump.

pesos 04-29-2011 11:58 AM

http://gizmodo.com/#!5796852/if-obam...us-the-receipt

brettw 04-29-2011 6:52 PM

I definitely like Seinfeld a whole lot more than Trump. Trump just seems to be sort of punk imo.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2011/0...i_love_him.php

brett33 05-03-2011 8:34 AM

John Daly needs to run for president!

rclester89 05-03-2011 2:34 PM

Trump won't make it past the primaries, unless he chooses to run as an independent, which I hope he doesn't for the sake of getting Obama out of office. None the less, while he isn't my first choice, the things I admire about him that I hope the Republican party brings to the plate in 2012, is his willingness to take a stand with his F you attitude. He is exactly right about the diminishing credibility of the US and while I don't think we need to abuse our power, at this point we are evolving into a society that is so concerned about stepping on the toes of others, we are eroding from the inside out.

95sn 05-04-2011 11:53 AM

Will trump be able to go the bankruptcy route to bail out the US financial woes like he does with his own business mistakes?

05-04-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rclester89 (Post 1676343)
Trump won't make it past the primaries, unless he chooses to run as an independent, which I hope he doesn't for the sake of getting Obama out of office. None the less, while he isn't my first choice, the things I admire about him that I hope the Republican party brings to the plate in 2012, is his willingness to take a stand with his F you attitude. He is exactly right about the diminishing credibility of the US and while I don't think we need to abuse our power, at this point we are evolving into a society that is so concerned about stepping on the toes of others, we are eroding from the inside out.

I keep hearing people talk about so and so running as a independent. You can't run as an independent at this time. If you remember Ross Perot had to make his own party, the Reform Party, in order to get on the ballot in all 50 states. You can't currently get on the ballot in all 50 states with an "I" next to your name and it is to late to develop your own party.

05-04-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95sn (Post 1676592)
Will trump be able to go the bankruptcy route to bail out the US financial woes like he does with his own business mistakes?

Mistakes? I guess you have never been in business or have no understanding of what Trump's business is like. He has had far more successes than failures. I challenge you to find ONE major developer without at least one bankruptcy, even Gerald Hines, arguably the most successful developer in US, has some bankruptcies... It is a business decision.

brettw 05-16-2011 10:17 AM

Trump the chump is out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thetic...-for-president

ottog1979 05-16-2011 10:51 AM

No big surprise... Took the public & networks (excepting NBC who had their own interest in promoting) for a publicity ride. Got is ego stroked which is #1 priority for Trump.

phatboypimp 05-16-2011 2:13 PM

Certainly not surprising.....especially when the announcement comes right before the Apprentice finale.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 PM.